Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Have Rockstar ever kept a launch date? :lol: Love their games but their ability to stick to launch dates is horrendous.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Those screenshots look amazing. Will this be like GTA where every new game has its own story? Just wondering if I'll need to play the first one to fully enjoy this.
I think its a prequel so will be linked

The first one is also very good so worth playing anyway

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
GTA VI 2030 confirmed
:lol:

I think they will release GTA6 towards the end of this generation cycle, circa 2020 or 2021 but won't at all be surprised if they don't release a GTA on this gen at all. It's really sad that we've gone from having three installments between 2001 and 2004 to having zero new Rockstar games between 2013 and 2018. I have been slated for saying this because "they owe us nothing" but I really wish they had released something other than a remaster of a PS3 game during the 3.5 years PS4 and Xbox One have been out for.

Blind

:lol:

I think they will release GTA6 towards the end of this generation cycle, circa 2020 or 2021 but won't at all be surprised if they don't release a GTA on this gen at all. It's really sad that we've gone from having three installments between 2001 and 2004 to having zero new Rockstar games between 2013 and 2018. I have been slated for saying this because "they owe us nothing" but I really wish they had released something other than a remaster of a PS3 game during the 3.5 years PS4 and Xbox One have been out for.
They're still making a ludicrous amount from GTA Online, it takes priority over single player DLC and a new GTA. I don't think we'll get another GTA for a good 5 years.

Sarni

They're still making a ludicrous amount from GTA Online, it takes priority over single player DLC and a new GTA. I don't think we'll get another GTA for a good 5 years.
Yeah but it's not good for gamers. I won't be surprised if it's 5 years indeed. 2021 was probably a bit silly given the fact that they are releasing RDR2 in 2018.

Nickosaur

Does anybody here still play GTA online? I played it for a couple of weeks after I'd completed the main story but I never really got into it. I guess if you've got a good crew of friends it might be more fun but just seemed a bit dull to me.

Blind

Yeah but it's not good for gamers. I won't be surprised if it's 5 years indeed. 2021 was probably a bit silly given the fact that they are releasing RDR2 in 2018.
Yeah it's disappointing for people who couldn't give two flying fecks about GTA Online but it's clear that they've focused a lot of resources on it and that will slow down any development of a new GTA and Rockstar won't be rushed at the best of times. Personally I'm far more interested in RDR 2 than GTA 6 but a GTA built from the ground up on this hardware would be magnificent.

Sarni

Yeah it's disappointing for people who couldn't give two flying fecks about GTA Online but it's clear that they've focused a lot of resources on it and that will slow down any development of a new GTA and Rockstar won't be rushed at the best of times. Personally I'm far more interested in RDR 2 than GTA 6 but a GTA built from the ground up on this hardware would be magnificent.
I wouldn't mind it if the improvements in GTA Online were significant. Or if they just invested more into GTA5 and added a story DLC, maybe another location. They're just bringing small stuff into GTA Online from what I've seen, have they even added any additional heists to a small list they started with? It's fun but it's been around for 3 fecking years with hardly any revolutionary changes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just on this point: http://www.usgamer.net/amp/npd-grand-theft-auto-v-is-the-best-selling-game-of-all-time
"Grand Theft Auto V is now the best selling game of all-time in terms of revenue and tracked unit sales. That's according to the NPD Group's August analysis for video game sales in 2017. Not only is that incredibly impressive, but it proves just how strong GTAV is almost four years after the game initially came out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles."
I'd expect the same style of online features/payment system to trickle into RD2, assuming they aren't already in there... Single player is dying a slow death. Middle Earth: Shadows of War is allowing you to pay for loot system gear in what is a RPG game.

Sarni

They will probably reveal a release date in that trailer too. Expect it to be March or May 2018.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
New Trailer dropping in a few minutes folks. :drool:

Edit:

Looks fecking great but no gameplay shots leaves this trailer a little bit on the disappointing side.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

You can bet your arse they'll pump more of the same online aspects in to RDR, I just hope they don't neglect the story, don't let me down Rockstar as I couldn't give two shits about online play with games like GTA and RDR!

I also hope they release this for PC, wonder why they never bothered with the first one...

20solskjaer

Looks great, im loving the rip off of the blue cut train robbery from 'The assassination of Jesse James..."

Shame theres no date for it yet, the fact they havnt said maybe means were likely to be hit with another delay

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I've just seen this, randomly popped up on YouTube before the Arsenal highlights.

Looks a bit, err meh? I'm assuming the graphics will look better on release cos they had a definite late last gen look to them, in fact I'd say the Last of us possibly looked better on the PS3.

Not that graphics are the be all and end all obviously, just it didn't wow me. I'll have to admit and probably get lambasted but I didn't enjoy the first one at all, or the Undead expansion so this was never on my watchlist, but I did expect Rockstars first truly this gen game that's not just a port to look amazing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You can bet your arse they'll pump more of the same online aspects in to RDR, I just hope they don't neglect the story, don't let me down Rockstar as I couldn't give two shits about online play with games like GTA and RDR!

I also hope they release this for PC, wonder why they never bothered with the first one...
Buy Shark Cards Cowboy Cash to pimp your horse and wagon. I guarantee it.

It doesn't look like it's taking full advantage of what the new consoles can do but it's not like it looks ugly. Graphics have never been Rockstar's strong point anyway. I adore the setting and from the clips we saw, the voice acting seems top notch.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I preordered RDR and it was phenomenonal. Gonna wait for the reviews for this one, though, because I subsequently preordered FO4 and Skyrim and was disappointed.