Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ohhh yesss :drool: At least if it is RDR2, we will know officially if it's in the pipeline properly - all this leaked map shit a while back just wets our apatite more.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Been 3 years since GTA came out. Proper slow at releasing games these days

PS2 era - 3 GTA + Bully
PS3 - 2 GTA + Red Dead
PS4 - Nothing
They were at their best in PS2 era. GTA games came out almost yearly with a small pause in 2003, justified by a behemoth that came out a year later. Now they're happy to sit on a pile of cash that GTA V is bringing them, even 3 years from release it's still in top sellers for this generation and online mode generates millions every month.

As I said, I am not getting ahead of myself. They will likely not release a new Red Dead game but opt for a remake of previous, which would be pretty crap.

Sarni

It's a new game apparently, someone got into the code of their online page and it will be called Red Dead Retribution. I'm hard.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a new game apparently, someone got into the code of their online page and it will be called Red Dead Retribution. I'm hard.
Makes sense with how the last game ended, the son growing up and looking for revenge?

justboy68

I actually hope it is a remaster as I never got a chance to play the original. :lol:

It's complete bullshit that they never brought it to PC. Ideally we'd get both a remaster and a new game at the same time.:drool:

Hellboy

Will probably be out in about 4 years ... good news though.

Red Dead Redemption is one of the best ever for me especially at the time.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Makes sense with how the last game ended, the son growing up and looking for revenge?
I played the game years ago so may be wrong, but pretty sure you get to play as his son at the end and kill his fathers killer.

Adam-Utd

I played the game years ago so may be wrong, but pretty sure you get to play as his son at the end and kill his fathers killer.
I can't remember it fully, perhaps that does happen. Either way I am sure they could still make a story of the between parts/getting to that stage.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I can't remember it fully, perhaps that does happen. Either way I am sure they could still make a story of the between parts/getting to that stage.
Just had a look on Wiki and yeah this is what happens at the end:

"The game then moves three years ahead to 1914, where Marston's son Jack stands over the graves of both his father and his now deceased mother. He leaves home to search for Ross, who retired the year before, and eventually finds the former agent hunting on a riverbank in Mexico. The two duel, with Jack emerging the victor. "

Imo they would be better of starting afresh with a new story and characters.

paulscholes18

I actually hope it is a remaster as I never got a chance to play the original. :lol:

It's complete bullshit that they never brought it to PC. Ideally we'd get both a remaster and a new game at the same time.:drool:
If you have a Xbox one Red Dead Redemption is backwards compatible for it

Adam-Utd

Just had a look on Wiki and yeah this is what happens at the end:

"The game then moves three years ahead to 1914, where Marston's son Jack stands over the graves of both his father and his now deceased mother. He leaves home to search for Ross, who retired the year before, and eventually finds the former agent hunting on a riverbank in Mexico. The two duel, with Jack emerging the victor. "

Imo they would be better of starting afresh with a new story and characters.
Ah Ok, still don't really remember that bit :lol: Yeah either way they've got plenty of scope. Interesting to see how they do it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The rumors are that this is a prequel, so i doubt you'll be playing as his son.

I've just played through Red Dead again on xbox and the game is still great. i hope that they've fixed the horse controls though, they were terrible.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Please don't be about Jack Marston.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I really hope its a prequel and looking from the maps, that appears to be the case as everything is set to the north of Blackwater. I'd love it if they adapt a GTA 5 like storyline and go with 3 playable characters in a Good, bad and the ugly theme with John Marston - Good, Bill Williamson - Bad, Javier Esquela - Ugly.

Sarni

Love how they could completely ignore all the big game shows, then post one picture on twitter and generate more attention than any of these game shows with all their content.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
You'd imagine that with this amount of genital teasing it would be a new game and not just a reissue. Surely?

I actually need to play RDR again, but this time finish it. I was in the pretty early stages of the game and one day spent a good few hours just killing animals and collecting their pelts for $$$. But before I had a chance to save the game some random fellow approaches me with what I understood to be good intentions. Then the bastard killed me. I rage quit and never played it again. I feel that might have been a mistake. Now that's it's available on Xbox One I should really have another shot at it.

Adam-Utd

It's the right time really, Westerns seem to have come back into fashion. Let's hope they've been secretly working on it for ages!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Still hoping for a remaster as well.

Ainu

An announcement for a new Red Dead game due around May 2017 would sound about right. They should be able to have a new game out soon, it's been over 3 years since their last real release (not counting the current-gen remaster of GTAV). Just look at the PS3 era, between May 2010 and September 2013 they release Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Max Payne 3 and GTAV. If they don't get a game out in the first half of 2017 we'd have exactly zero titles in roughly the same timespan since GTAV. Surely they have something big coming up.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I really hope its a prequel and looking from the maps, that appears to be the case as everything is set to the north of Blackwater. I'd love it if they adapt a GTA 5 like storyline and go with 3 playable characters in a Good, bad and the ugly theme with John Marston - Good, Bill Williamson - Bad, Javier Esquela - Ugly.
That's a great idea actually.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Personally I think the multiple characters of gta v held back the story a lot. That being said, gameplay wise I'd love being able to switch to multiple characters. There are other issues though, like whether killing animals (and similar) will be important with three characters.

I hope we get a female character.

Knowing rockstar the whole game will be set in one giant town :lol: :(

Marcelinho87

Imagine if at the end of the game it went straight into a RDR Remaster like straight into it not booting back to the menu etc.

I would die.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Liking the sound of that. Tried and tested format whereby the best side of all 3 characters should come through too.

Giggs86

I had an Xbox 360 and I only played RDR for a couple of days. Now that I recall what a great game it was, I really regret not playing it back at the day. Anyways, I'm on PS4 now. My best bet to play it will be a remaster? Or is there any other option to play RDR on PS4?