Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
That the one with poor vision? There's a semi-auto shotgun in her basement. When you come back there's a lootbox with her sons.
I killed them all then entered the house and the old lady blew my head off as I hadn't killed her earlier.
Yeah, that one. I fecked up the dead eye on the guys and died, respawned and went back for my own revenge but they were gone. Took the shottie on my prior visit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, that one. I fecked up the dead eye on the guys and died, respawned and went back for my own revenge but they were gone. Took the shottie on my prior visit.
I did exactly the same :lol: accidentally shot one round off in dead eye then turned around and sprinted into the woods. Managed to get the other two but yeah, didn't go well after that, hilariously enough. I'd done it all especially for that loot. Just rode around on my horse at walking pace for a while thinking how much I'd fecked it up.

Andersons Dietician

I learned today that it isn’t a good idea to try and laso a Bison when your on foot then try and knife it.
they don’t like it

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Came across the KKK, opted against killing them so I could see what they did, they killed two of their own with fire by accident while setting fire to a cross, fecking idiots :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Came across the KKK, opted against killing them so I could see what they did, they killed two of their own with fire by accident while setting fire to a cross, fecking idiots :lol:
Ran into three of them in the bayou trying to erect a cross. It fell and killed two of them. I introduced the other to a local alligator while hogtied.

T_Model101

Found a guy picking tobacco out in the woods, he beckons me over to join him so thought why not. As he was picking he got too close to the rear end of his horse, which kicked him in the head killing him instantly

Also the "naughty boy" in Valentine
This game :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ran into three of them in the bayou trying to erect a cross. It fell and killed two of them. I introduced the other to a local alligator while hogtied.
I just came across these ones near Strawberry. I hogtied the remaining one and sprinted up the nearest cliff to throw him off the steep side. Good times.

Hawks2008

Anyone else hate riding around Roanoke Ridge near Annesburg? It's proper unsettling. First you have those Murfree savages up in those hills, then there's that eerie music that plays in the area, at night there's mist that rolls through making it super atmospheric, and in some times of night you can hear ghostly whispering voices.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I hated the shooting mechanics at first but I really like them now, and I like how different every gun feels. Something incredibly satisfying about headshots in Deadeye and also flicking your gun up to their head.

Rest of the controls are still clunky as hell but I'll forgive that because the game is so damn good.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Don't have a problem with the shooting mechanics. Standard Rockstar so surely everyone knew what to expect. I love the ragdoll physics when you take someone out as they're running or on a horse.

The cover mechanics however...need a bit of work.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Anyone else hate riding around Roanoke Ridge near Annesburg? It's proper unsettling. First you have those Murfree savages up in those hills, then there's that eerie music that plays in the area, at night there's mist that rolls through making it super atmospheric, and in some times of night you can hear ghostly whispering voices.
Setting up camp there at night was one of the biggest frights I got in the game, no joke.

Hawks2008

Setting up camp there at night was one of the biggest frights I got in the game, no joke.
Had two of em threaten me when I set up camp, gunned them down the second they turned their backs. No one tells me where to camp.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Had two of em threaten me when I set up camp, gunned them down the second they turned their backs. No one tells me where to camp.
Same. Was totally not expecting it. It was going through the normal camp animations and then there was a gun behind my head with two hillbillies giving me the "We don't take kindly to your type round here". I blew them away also.

Ainu

I just got this yesterday and played for an hour or so. I'd read about the clunky controls but it's still annoying to experience it yourself. I particularly dislike having to use a face button to increase speed while on a horse, leaving you short a thumb to control the camera. You'd need to claw-grip to be able to do both at the same time. Using a shoulder button to go into cover is also a bit awkward.

I'm going to have a blast playing it anyway. It looks incredible, I love the atmosphere created by the mist and lighting. It gets off to a slow start but I like it, very cinematic. Can't wait to get home and play some more and discover what the world has to offer once it opens up a bit.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
After god knows how many hours hunting for perfect pelts I finally managed to craft the "legend of the east" satchel. I guess it was worth it. 99 space for every item, I can now hoard stuff.

Hardest thing to find was the fecking American Badger. I now know of a good location where these stupid things spawn.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really dislike the hunting in this game. It's just too much. Hunting anything but pristine animals is worthless, and then you have to be very careful where you shoot these animals because you need the perfect pelt, and then to upgrade my satchel i can only go to ONE location on the whole map. Not to mention the fact that when you sometimes go into an area where there's a legendary animal, you can't hunt it because there's "too much activity".

And just finding the animals is a pain in the ass. It's all a bit too much. There's a lot to like about this game, but equally a lot to dislike.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I really dislike the hunting in this game. It's just too much. Hunting anything but pristine animals is worthless, and then you have to be very careful where you shoot these animals because you need the perfect pelt, and then to upgrade my satchel i can only go to ONE location on the whole map. Not to mention the fact that when you sometimes go into an area where there's a legendary animal, you can't hunt it because there's "too much activity".

And just finding the animals is a pain in the ass. It's all a bit too much. There's a lot to like about this game, but equally a lot to dislike.
Yeah I'm with you here, they should have made it an option in game settings on the hunting and tracking difficulty, I hate the current system so never bother with it unless it's required in a mission. Hate those missions.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

I'd recommend hunting the legendary buck first - you can buy a trinket at the fence with the bucks tooth (or some other body part you automatically get when skinning it) that increases the chance of getting a perfect pelt - if you down an animal in a single shot anywhere (with the correct arrows for the animals class, or checking the compendium as it tells you how best to kill it), rather than trying to get the perfect headshot. Makes that side of hunting a little easier anyway.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
After god knows how many hours hunting for perfect pelts I finally managed to craft the "legend of the east" satchel. I guess it was worth it. 99 space for every item, I can now hoard stuff.

Hardest thing to find was the fecking American Badger. I now know of a good location where these stupid things spawn.
Thinking of going for it. Want maximum space for treasure storage. Any tips?
I just got the buck trinket last night.

It's not necessary though is it? You don't need to do it. I like the idea that if I'm going hunting I need to set out with the idea that I'm basically going on a trip specifically for that and I'll be out in the middle of nowhere for a long time.

The main gripe I have is there should be another trapper or two or three.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'd recommend hunting the legendary buck first - you can buy a trinket at the fence with the bucks tooth (or some other body part you automatically get when skinning it) that increases the chance of getting a perfect pelt - if you down an animal in a single shot anywhere (with the correct arrows for the animals class, or checking the compendium as it tells you how best to kill it), rather than trying to get the perfect headshot. Makes that side of hunting a little easier anyway.
Yeah i read that when i was looking at how to unlock the best satchel, but even then it's just too much; the hunting in this game is like a whole game in itself. Now, that's all well and good, but when the actual game has so much to do and so much content, it all becomes a little exhausting. This is obviously just a personal opinion, as i assume many love this amount of detail and content, but i sometimes find it's a bit too much. That was my main problem with The Witcher and why i never really liked it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's not necessary though is it? You don't need to do it. I like the idea that if I'm going hunting I need to set out with the idea that I'm basically going on a trip specifically for that and I'll be out in the middle of nowhere for a long time.

The main gripe I have is there should be another trapper or two or three.
For the most part it's not, no. It only really came to my attention because i wanted the satchel where i didn't have to constantly discard things. It's when i started going through that i started to think "feck this". It's just a real pain in the ass. I like the detail and amount of content they have to some degree, but other times it becomes a little exhausting.

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Thinking of going for it. Want maximum space for treasure storage. Any tips?
I just got the buck trinket last night.
Most of the animal pelts for the satchels are pretty straight forward, I doubt you'll have any trouble. I wasted huge amount of time with the American Badger though. Luckily I came across a location where they spawned regularly for me, and I'll share it when you need it, no problem.

As for tips, just spam the eagle eye view and follow the trails. Nothing really to it. I didn't even bother using baits or scent masking.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Love reading the random stories in this thread. I barely get on to play(about 3 hours in total so far) so this is my fix of RDR. Is it ok to just not do hunting unless I have to? Any time I get on for a blast of RDR the last thing I want to be doing is spending an hour hunting

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Love reading the random stories in this thread. I barely get on to play(about 3 hours in total so far) so this is my fix of RDR. Is it ok to just not do hunting unless I have to? Any time I get on for a blast of RDR the last thing I want to be doing is spending an hour hunting
I haven’t hunted at all. About 40% in.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I finished the story ready to do loads of pissing around and have found myself not wanting to turn it on at all. It’s suddenly feeling like a lot of effort without the story there behind it.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
feck that wild Arabian horse. If the cnut doesnt want a nice home and would prefer to freeze to death then so be it.

And feck those legendary fish. My thumbs and wrist are in agony.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I finished the story ready to do loads of pissing around and have found myself not wanting to turn it on at all. It’s suddenly feeling like a lot of effort without the story there behind it.
This is why I never finish the story until I'm done fecking around.

Andersons Dietician

Depending on what animal don’t shoot it. Laso the fecker from your horse or feet then when you have it, get close and the kill option will come up and you’ll slit its throat. The only thing to watch is your stamina bar. I tried it on a Bison and I ran out of stamina but I think it can be done. I tried it on an elk and it worked fine and everytime you kill this way you get a perfect pelt.

Doesn’t work on thinks like rabbits and such. I did try.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't think I'm actually going to finish the story in this game. It's really not the thing that's driving me at the moment, and i don't think that will change. The story missions aren't great if i'm being honest. The story itself is fine, but the missions not so much. The appeal of this game is the world that they've created. I can see me sinking many more hours into the game just fecking about and enjoying some of the random encounters.

Cloud7

Ended up getting a physical copy today. Haven’t seen a fecking two disc game since the PS1 Days.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
feck that wild Arabian horse. If the cnut doesnt want a nice home and would prefer to freeze to death then so be it.

And feck those legendary fish. My thumbs and wrist are in agony.
The fishing can be obnoxious. Repeatedly pulling down on the left stick and using your first two fingers to reel them in helps though.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The fishing can be obnoxious. Repeatedly pulling down on the left stick and using your first two fingers to reel them in helps though.
You also have to stop the legend fish from pulling your line to far out or it snaps. The way you counter that is by pushing the right stick in any direction but overuse causes it to snap.

Thus a lot of trial and error one fish. And there are 12 more of those feckers out there.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You also have to stop the legend fish from pulling your line to far out or it snaps. The way you counter that is by pushing the right stick in any direction but overuse causes it to snap.

Thus a lot of trial and error one fish. And there are 12 more of those feckers out there.
12?! Nah, feck that.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Depending on what animal don’t shoot it. Laso the fecker from your horse or feet then when you have it, get close and the kill option will come up and you’ll slit its throat. The only thing to watch is your stamina bar. I tried it on a Bison and I ran out of stamina but I think it can be done. I tried it on an elk and it worked fine and everytime you kill this way you get a perfect pelt.

Doesn’t work on thinks like rabbits and such. I did try.
I'll give that a go. But don't you also have to scout the animal beforehand to see whether it's in pristine condition in order to get the perfect pelt?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'll give that a go. But don't you also have to scout the animal beforehand to see whether it's in pristine condition in order to get the perfect pelt?
You only have to study one of them and then from that point on any time you aim at one or find a track it shows you.

A tip for the bigger animals is to lasso them and reel them in and knife them and that will guarantee a perfect pelt