Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why are people convinced the next GTA is coming out in five years time? The story for this is done. The Housers have probably moved onto the next GTA.

Rockstar are capable of getting the next GTA out in the next 2-3 years. But let’s blame shark cards and blah blah for some odd reason. There’s like a tiny portion of their staff who work on GTA online. Do you think the other thousands of staff are just sat marvelling at GTA online in a corner? Do you really think Rockstar are withholding games that will make them hundreds and possibly billions of dollars just so people can buy a few shark cards? No.

They had to build RDR 2 from the ground up as I doubt they could have used any assets from the last game as it was a developmental mess.
I think they won't release a new GTA for this generation. We can realistically expect these consoles to be there for the next 2, maybe 3 years and GTA5 is still selling very well and generating heavy income via online mode. There is little incentive for them to move on, and if RDR2 online mode is well received as well then there is no urgency to release anything.

I think this generation will basically go without a GTA game, with the outside chance of GTA6 being the goodbye game of generation (like 5 was for PS3 and 360).

Ainu

I don't mind another delay. They should take their time and make sure it's the best possible game. I've got an endless back catalogue of games I'll never find enough time to play through anyway.

It does make their original estimate seem pretty bad though. A whole year off. :lol:

Bojan11

I think they won't release a new GTA for this generation. We can realistically expect these consoles to be there for the next 2, maybe 3 years and GTA5 is still selling very well and generating heavy income via online mode. There is little incentive for them to move on, and if RDR2 online mode is well received as well then there is no urgency to release anything.

I think this generation will basically go without a GTA game, with the outside chance of GTA6 being the goodbye game of generation (like 5 was for PS3 and 360).
There are a billion reasons why they should move on.

You are just making assumptions. Oh shark cards are selling well, it’s why rockstar don’t make games now. Without even looking at the bigger picture. Most of the Rockstar crew are busy at work on RDR 2 and most likely work on the next GTA has started. Do you think these big projects just take two-three years? Rockstar don’t do Ubisoft reskins you know. Hell, Bethesda have two or three open World Games and they gone on record saying it’s going to take them 5 years or more for them to even release. Are we going to make assumptions about them?

Do you think EA sell so many Fifa points every year they just stop thinking about releasing the next Fifa game?

Companies don’t rest on their laurels. GTA online might be doing well, but there will always be another game waiting to take its place especially if they sit there slacking.

Also last gen nearly lasted 10 years. It’s why we had three rockstar games. I’m not counting table tennis as that wouldn’t have taken long to make.

Cyberpunk is going to release nearly 4 years or maybe 5 after Witcher 3.

Last of us 2 despite not being on the scale of RDR will have taken over four years to make. Are you going to criticise Naughty Dog for taking their time? Or is this criticism only reserved for Rockstar because they got something successful going on at the moment with GTA online, which can all change in a matter of months.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

You are just making assumptions. Oh shark cards are selling well, it’s why rockstar don’t make games now. Without even looking at the bigger picture. Most of the Rockstar crew are busy at work on RDR 2 and most likely work on the next GTA has started. Do you think these big projects just take two-three years? Rockstar don’t do Ubisoft reskins you know. Hell, Bethesda have two or three open World Games and they gone on record saying it’s going to take them 5 years or more for them to even release. Are we going to make assumptions about them?

Do you think EA sell so many Fifa points every year they just stop thinking about releasing the next Fifa game?

Companies don’t rest on their laurels. GTA online might be doing well, but there will always be another game waiting to take its place especially if they sit there slacking.

Also last gen nearly lasted 10 years. It’s why we had three rockstar games. I’m not counting table tennis as that wouldn’t have taken long to make.

Last of us 2 despite not being on the scale of RDR will have taken over four years to make. Are you going to criticise Naughty Dog for taking their time? Or is this criticism only reserved for Rockstar because they got something successful going on at the moment with GTA online, which can all change in a matter of months.
Do you think EA aren't that greedy? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/n...me-releases-incremental-changes-could-future/

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Fifa is also a pretty weird example, it's a sports game so obviously they need to release it year on year with the latest squads, plus they have competition from pro evo who release year on year.

Nickosaur

Rockstar's productivity in terms of games released has dropped off massively since GTAV though (have they streamlined their studios?) I don't think it's as simple as saying 'microtransactions have changed their approach', but the way they've handled GTAV (no single player DLC, taking years to release online heists, all the shark card bullshit) is a bit wank imo.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Difference between CD Projekt, Bethesda, Naughty Dog and Rockstar is that all of them bar Rockstar have actually released games on this generation of consoles, that released in 2013, while Rockstar haven't and won't for minimum another year (though I actually think RDR2 will be released in May 19 or October 19).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I expect them to do the same as last gen for GTA. Release it towards the end of this cycle to take advantage of the huge user base on PS4 and Xbox One, then release an upgraded version for the new consoles 1-2 years later. It worked so well for the GTA V.

Xbox will likely stick with backwards compatibility on future gens and Sony may do the same, which would no doubt reduce the amount likely to double dip, but I think most still would.

As for RDR, Battle Royale could be awesome on there if done well. Very suited.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t like this new trend of releasing trailers to tell us when they are releasing trailers. It’s annoying with movies and now they are doing it with games. Games like already a year late as it is :rolleyes:

The Bloody-Nine

Looks great. Didn't see too many black people or transsexuals, though. RESETERA: ASSEMBLE.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Pretty meh trailer tbh. Just a bunch of random cutscenes stitched together.

el3mel

Sadly it'll be released at a time I'll have no time for anything. Gonna play it months after its release. :(

Peanut Butter

I’m not hyped for this. I loved the first one and went back to it and completed it a few months back.

But, I dunno, the lack of variety in weapons and stuff got tiresome in the end.

Will still get this because it’s rockstar and their games are usually awesome.

fellaini's barber

Is there any chance Rockstar will change the combat in their games to something slightly serious? I mean even COD level serious

Bojan11

Looks great. Didn't see too many black people or transsexuals, though. RESETERA: ASSEMBLE.
Just one female too. Oh noes.

I mean there were not many female bandits, black bandits and definitely no transsexuals in the 1800s but obviously Rockstar have to shoehorn them in to appease that bunch of cretins.

Castia

Really underwhelming trailer to be honest I was expecting more.

20solskjaer

1899? Is that when the game is based on? I must have missed that. I thought they were going with pre 1882, right in the middle of the gilded/progressive era.
The trailer says "by 1899 the west had nearly been tamed" so i just presumed thats when it was taking place

Bojan11

Bojan11

Information from gtaforums

Pressing the pad's trigger does not match a fired shot: holding down the Arthur key simply raises the revolver's hammer, ready to release it and then to fire only when the player releases the grip. It's a way to make the user more involved, active; to give him some more interaction possibilities even during the shootings. And then it allows you to "mimic" even the classic fancied in which the gunslingers did their utmost using the palm of the hand.
We know that the skills of Arthur Morgan will increase progressively during the adventure: as well as Michael, Trevor and Franklin improved their driving skills and their physical prowess, the protagonist of RDR2 will be able to increase the skill with the weapons or the one in the saddle.
Can rob people
- Dialogue choices
- NPCs will react differently depending on your behavior, appearance, actions
- You can pour coffee and check up on your gang
- You can care for your gang and be rewarded for looking after them
- Small scale robbery with Bill was shown
- Demo took place in New Hanover (Handover?)
- You can watch farmers herd animals, bugs in your ears
- Demo was on base PS4
- You can skin animals. It’s graphic, you can either drop the carcass or put it on your horse
- Animals shot can be injured and attempt to escape. You can follow trails of blood to find the animal and then kill it.
- Meat and animals will rot.
- Amount of meat is based on how you kill it. Arrows will get you the most whereas weapons like shotguns won’t.
- Your bond with your horse will result in different behaviors. If it’s strong, it’ll stick with you during gunfights
- Your weapons will be stored on the horse. Take care of it. If it dies, you’ll have to start the bonding process over with a new horse
- If injured, your horse can bleed out. If you wait too long, the horse can die.
- The robbery takes place in Valentine. Not clear if it’s free roam, side mission, or story mission
- Continuous camera, not different angles and shots. You can watch everything from one single camera angle.
- Dead Eye returns. Camera angles change depending on how you kill the person using Dead Eye
- In the robbery, someone shot Arthur’s hat and it fell off into the mud. You can return to the town and pick it up

There are also many dynamic elements and events in the game world. For example, at one point we see some workers pulling up the walls of a new ranch. Upon request, we are confirmed by Rob Nelson, that at a later point there may well be a finished house.