Redcafe mobile. (mobile.redcafe.net)

mswiss

would be great if we could get a mobile forum app for android like xda developers has cooked up

Q80

Ive seen a few forum-type apps on Cydia (iForum, ForumX) and a few on apple store. Surely forums would have a baseline "template" code that run all the forums the same way, give or take a couple of changes here as per forum specifics? (i.e: Redcafe - Red colour, manchester united logos, etc..)

I know this is simply a skin thats being made and not an app, but any of you techies out there have that template to create into a caf "app" ? (if im even correct to assume there is such a template :s)

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I only read the caf on my phone now so I would really like this to happen especially in the form of an andriod friendly app

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
If you see this Niall I will offer to donate some more of my hard earned cash to the caf if it gets done, i havent donated in a bit anyway so i think i am due to give some more monies anyway

thanks babes, big kiss
xxx

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It would be great if this could be done, the cafe is a bit faffy to read on mobiles at the moment.

iSparky

the one that wibble posted looks good

Sw33t

I don't know much about this kind of thing, but there are quite a few decent apps for the iPhone which specifically allow you to post and browse forums while using minimal data and loading up very quickly.

The two best ones from which I can see are Forum Runner and Tapatalk. From what I read, to make your forum available on it a quick plug in needs to be installed to the site which apparently takes 5 minutes. Don't know how plausible this would be, just though I'd suggest it.

Tapatalk is available on iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia - so that would seem to the best bet. Free plug-in is available from Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF if anyone's interested.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Zooming and scrolling is a pain... any progress men of the caf?

iSparky

aye the caf works fine but scrolling and zooming around the page is annoying, i havent seen niall in a while though, he is still alive isnt he?

iSparky

well then? i going to keep asking until i get a "yes" or "yes" answer by the way

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm not even responsible for this and I'm finding the daily requests annoying. If Niall had something to tell you I'm sure he would have been in here.

Zen

It takes so little time to make a skin, yet alone add a mobile one so I don't get why this hasn't been done yet.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Niall needs to do a couple of upgrades to the forum software before he can use any of the mobile add ons. So it will happen but it might take a bit of time I'm afraid.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No just upgrading the existing vBulletin versions which is still a bigish job.