Redcafe mobile. (mobile.redcafe.net)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've other things on my plate atm so this is a few weeks ago probably. But it definitely is happening so stay tuned! :)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
recafes going from strength to strength, the mobile site is all that's missing.... and a 'whose line it is anyway' style gameshow starring pletch, noodle and assorted caftards.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It's not an app, it's a skin and no progress of note to report yet :)

afrocentricity

If I can lend a hand and get this moving on a bit faster I'd be happy to...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Thanks, will let you know if there's anywhere I think you can help out.

ciderman9000000

Whilst most relatively modern mobile devices will load the caf quickly enough for them to be a plausible access point, the levels of data consumption needed for viewing the caf standard is pretty hefty. This imo is where a mobile.redcafe would be useful. I have the largest internet tariff that Orange offer, 500mb, and i'm usually hitting around that figure each month, so lessening any incoming data is quite important. Opera Mini is useful for fast access whilst keeping data down, but unfortunately, due to an as yet unsolved bug on the Omnia HD, java applications needing 3G connectivity are extremely unstable on my handset.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Whilst most relatively modern mobile devices will load the caf quickly enough for them to be a plausible access point, the levels of data consumption needed for viewing the caf standard is pretty hefty. This imo is where a mobile.redcafe would be useful. I have the largest internet tariff that Orange offer, 500mb, and i'm usually hitting around that figure each month, so lessening any incoming data is quite important. Opera Mini is useful for fast access whilst keeping data down, but unfortunately, due to an as yet unsolved bug on the Omnia HD, java applications needing 3G connectivity are extremely unstable on my handset.
Interesting.

I'm on an unlimited data package in the UK but get absolutely screwed on data charges whenever I browse the caf from abroad. You've just explained why.

Abbsta

*** Mobile site please. Just plain text and a bit of css for your style would do.

Edit: is plus1 censored?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Caf works great on my iPhone whether using 3G or not. I findif you use the screen sideways it's the perfect size for scrolling through threads. The only tricky aspect is replying to threads as it's often difficult to scroll down if you've got alot of text in the text box I've found. iPhone users might understand what I mean better.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Caf works great on my iPhone whether using 3G or not. I findif you use the screen sideways it's the perfect size for scrolling through threads. The only tricky aspect is replying to threads as it's often difficult to scroll down if you've got alot of text in the text box I've found. iPhone users might understand what I mean better.
I know exactly what you mean, I quoted a large post the other day and just had to give up.

Still, for the most part it is perfect when side on like you say.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I know exactly what you mean, I quoted a large post the other day and just had to give up.

Still, for the most part it is perfect when side on like you say.
I found a way to make it easier this evening.

In the advanced reply box there's a little icon in the top right which has two arrow heads pointing up and down. Press the one pointing down and it makes your text box longer. Helps alot with bigger posts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I found a way to make it easier this evening.

In the advanced reply box there's a little icon in the top right which has two arrow heads pointing up and down. Press the one pointing down and it makes your text box longer. Helps alot with bigger posts.
Excellent! I will remember that next time, hopefully!

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Bump, but it doesn't work on my e71? Loads the full site when I point it to mobile.redcafe.net

afrocentricity

Apparently you've been ip banned from using this function... you specifically.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'd like it because I now have an iPhone and the links on the caf are minuscule if just about usable sometimes.

Dave89

mobile.redcafe.net still loads full site for me too (tocco lite), and any link I click leaves out the "mobile" part of the address and just goes to the normal site.

Dave89

I don't know much about forum admin stuff, but the folks over at two plus two poker forum have a brilliant mobile forum site running on vbulletin, maybe someone with a bit more nous could look into it?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
is this going to happen? would be great if it did!