RedCafe on XenForo FAQs

kps88

Is it no longer possible to see if you've posted in a particular thread? The whole forum used to change the icon next to the thread if you've already replied.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can we increase the font size when viewing posts. It's very small on smartphones like iPhone

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is there something I am doing wrong then, because when I tried using the img code all I got was a small white square. For example

Yes. When I right click that broken image and view the link, this is what shows:

http://[url]http//worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-united-crest.jpg%5B/URL%5D

What you want to use is:

[IMG]https://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-united-crest.jpg[/IMG]

Try copying and pasting that and it should work.

EvilChuck

Yes. When I right click that broken image and view the link, this is what shows:

http://[url]http//worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-united-crest.jpg%5B/URL%5D

What you want to use is:

[IMG]https://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-united-crest.jpg[/IMG]

Try copying and pasting that and it should work.

What I was doing was typing the img code, then pasting the image url, then the /img code. What am I supposed to do to stop the [ url] code from appearing when I paste the image url?

Damien

Staff
What I was doing was typing the img code, then pasting the image url, then the /img code. What am I supposed to do to stop the [ url] code from appearing when I paste the image url?
Most of the time that should be fine, and most of the time the URL code won't appear. Where did you paste the image URL from? A post on this site, or from the browser of another site. If you copy and pasted it from a post on this site, then it'll have the [URL ] code around it, but you can't see it due to it being formatted.

To be 100% sure that what you're copying and pasting is formatted right, click the 'Aa' in the top right of the text editor and you'll see the text unformatted like this:

Damien

Staff
Also, it could be because the URL you pasted was broken, that the URL tags appeared around it.

Look at the URL:

http//worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-united-crest.jpg

You missed out the colon in the http part of the URL. I think that is where your problems are.

EvilChuck

Most of the time that should be fine, and most of the time the URL code won't appear. Where did you paste the image URL from? A post on this site, or from the browser of another site. If you copy and pasted it from a post on this site, then it'll have the [URL ] code around it, but you can't see it due to it being formatted.

To be 100% sure that what you're copying and pasting is formatted right, click the 'Aa' in the top right of the text editor and you'll see the text unformatted like this:

It was from another site. I see what happens now anyway, there is a button at the top of the reply box to unlink the image url when I have pasted it, which does the job I need and posts the image as intended

Edit: I literally just copy/pasted a url there as an example, I didnt do any typing/editing the url before I posted it

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Damien, on the old forum, you could enable a little black popup for every pm you've received.

Is it possible to enable it on XenForo for alerts and pm's aswell? Because I keep missing whenever I receive a pm or alert.

LR7

I don't think I'm stating the obvious because people are creating duplicate threads due to struggling without the search function.

If you type "redcafe.net" and the thread title you're looking for into google it'll find it for you.

Its a tiny bit more effort but will probably prevent all the duplicate threads that are likely until search is restored on here.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The background is too bright! Is there a way to make it darker?
Olly has created an edit for Stylish, which is an addon for Firefox and Chrome.
How do I delete conversations?
Go inside the conversation you no longer want, then click on 'Leave conversation' and finally 'Ignore future messages'.
Is it better than his last one? He hated that I brought up that. ;)

Ollys theme isn't very good.

But I've been meaning to make a stripped down redcafe "style" so I dont keep getting weird looks at work.
Don't show everyone that, it's old and shit!

rcoobc

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Is it better than his last one? He hated that I brought up that. ;)
In my defense I made that before Niall updated the skin, so some parts didn't work properly :nervous:

Damien, on the old forum, you could enable a little black popup for every pm you've received.

Is it possible to enable it on XenForo for alerts and pm's aswell? Because I keep missing whenever I receive a pm or alert.
If you install Stylish (instructions in first post), I just did a bit of code to made the alert balloon work more like the old pop up. If you use the code it'll now look like this;

This is the code to use;

Code:
.navTabs .navLink .itemCount {
font-weight: bold !important;
font-size: 17px !important;
z-index:50 !important;
color: white !important;
background-color: #1e1e1e !important;
padding: 0 2px !important;
margin-right: 10px !important;
margin-bottom: 10px !important;
border-radius: 5px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 5px !important; -moz-border-radius: 5px !important; -khtml-border-radius: 5px !important;
position:fixed !important;
right: 50px !important;
top: 25px !important;
line-height: 60px !important;
min-width: 12px !important;
_width: 12px !important;
text-align: center !important;
text-shadow: none !important;
white-space: nowrap !important;
word-wrap: normal !important;
box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -khtml-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important;
width: 150px !important;
height: 60px !important;
opacity: 0.9 !important;
}

.navTabs .navLink .itemCount .arrow {
border: 3px solid transparent;
border-top-color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;
border-bottom: 2px none rgb(0, 0, 0);
position: absolute;
bottom: -3px;
right: 4px;
line-height: 0px;
text-shadow: none;
_display: none;
}

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
A lot of the old links don't work anymore it seems.

For example, when using google to find me originally bringing up Olly's Stylish skin I found this

https://www.redcafe.net/13199155-post8.html which brings an error.

The original post however, is still available here: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/does-redcafe-need-a-revamp.368277/#post-13199155.

I guess it's similar to the "F8" thing, not sure what it means for Google though

Thanks for brining that to my attention, missed those URLs in the old vBulletin rewrites. https://www.redcafe.net/13199155-post8.html is now working.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
If you install Stylish (instructions in first post), I just did a bit of code to made the alert balloon work more like the old pop up. If you use the code it'll now look like this;

This is the code to use;

Code:
.navTabs .navLink .itemCount {
font-weight: bold !important;
font-size: 17px !important;
z-index:50 !important;
color: white !important;
background-color: #1e1e1e !important;
padding: 0 2px !important;
margin-right: 10px !important;
margin-bottom: 10px !important;
border-radius: 5px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 5px !important; -moz-border-radius: 5px !important; -khtml-border-radius: 5px !important;
position:fixed !important;
right: 50px !important;
top: 25px !important;
line-height: 60px !important;
min-width: 12px !important;
_width: 12px !important;
text-align: center !important;
text-shadow: none !important;
white-space: nowrap !important;
word-wrap: normal !important;
box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important; -khtml-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25) !important;
width: 150px !important;
height: 60px !important;
}

.navTabs .navLink .itemCount .arrow {
border: 3px solid transparent;
border-top-color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;
border-bottom: 2px none rgb(0, 0, 0);
position: absolute;
bottom: -3px;
right: 4px;
line-height: 0px;
text-shadow: none;
_display: none;
}
Nice one Olly!! Works like a charm!

You are my new caf hero as of now.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Any idea why text changes font and appears smaller when you try to copy and paste from another website? Even if you're trying to copy and paste in to a quote, the text becomes tiny and difficult to read, for example:

01. Chelsea - €1,046,623,600
02. Man City - € 742,440,600
03. Liverpool - € 724,801,440
04. Man United - € 670,190,400
05. Tottenham - € 619,778,720
06. Arsenal - € 475,090,000
07. NewCastle - € 467,192,000
08. Aston Villa - € 366,556,960
09. Everton - € 300,890,480
10. Sunderland - € 297,015,840

Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Cheers.

Damien

Staff
Any idea why text changes font and appears smaller when you try to copy and paste from another website? Even if you're trying to copy and paste in to a quote, the text becomes tiny and difficult to read, for example:

Cheers.
Click the 'Aa' in the top right of the text editor, or select the text you wish to remove the formatting of and click on the eraser. That is for text outside of quotes. As for text in quotes, the text size of the CSS would need to be made bigger for it to show better.

jeston

Cheers.
Click the 'Aa' in the top right of the text editor, or select the text you wish to remove the formatting of and click on the eraser. That is for text outside of quotes. As for text in quotes, the text size of the CSS would need to be made bigger for it to show better.

Or right click and press 'Paste as plain text' (Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of a normal paste it'll remove the formatting.

rcoobc

Thank god for the new quote button! No more typing out [QUOTE] for me.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Having to hover my cursor over the a thread to see how many pages it has is annoying me much more than would seem reasonable to a normal person. Can I change this in the settings?

rcoobc

What new quote button, buddy? I thought the reply button was always available?

Fixed, and yeah the reply button was always there, but Niall has added the " button to add more "quotes".

From the Main Page said:
A Quote button, as shown to the left, is now available in the post WYSIWYG editor.
Like that. Was the Align Centre button always there too? Because I have been writing [CENTER] as well.