RedCafe on XenForo FAQs

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
17Larsson has kindly compiled the below list of frequently asked questions and the answers the modmins have given, so please read before asking anything. This will be updated with more frequently asked questions as we get them.

What is the followers thing in my profile?
You can follow any poster and their posts will appear in your newsfeed or, if you have alerts enabled, you will get an alert every time they make a post

What is a conversation?
The new name for private messages

Will this new site work on tapatalk?
Not yet but looking into it

Where's the search function on this bitch then?
Disabled for the first few days - read this thread for more info

Hectic doesn't have his avatar anymore. Does that make him less powerful?
Yes it does

How do I turn off the Email alerts for the conversations?
Go to "Contact details" in your control panel and then untick "Receive email when a new conversation message is received".

How do I multi-quote?
Just press Reply in multiple posts and it will add the quote to the quick reply box at the bottom of the page

What are likes?
They are replacing rep points. So for a good post, instead of getting 10 rep points a newbie will now get 1 like. get 10 like and you're up to the main forum

How do you go to last post of a thread from the main page?
In the 'Last Message' column, click on the time since last post (which should be red).

Initially this did not work for guest/unlogged in users. That issue has now been resolved so guests can now also see this link.

Is there a forum jump menu?
Yes. The little arrow blue arrow button at the top and bottom right of the page

How do I see which threads I've posted in?
This is indicated by a green arrow beside the thread title.

The read/unread threads are hard for me to distinguish
When threads are unread, to the left there is a blue icon. Threads that have been read don't have one so if you struggle to tell the difference from the thread title boldness alone, this should help

I get emails every time there is a reply to a thread I have posted in. How do I stop that?
Go to your preferences and untick the Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply... and receive email notifications of replies option

The background is too bright! Is there a way to make it darker?
Olly has created an edit for Stylish, which is an addon for Firefox and Chrome.
How do I delete conversations?
Go inside the conversation you no longer want, then click on 'Leave conversation' and finally 'Ignore future messages'.

LR7

Also the text editor and smilies don't feature on Safari on iOS devices but they work on Chrome as long as you select the desktop version in the app.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Also the text editor and smilies don't feature on Safari on iOS devices but they work on Chrome as long as you select the desktop version in the app.

They aren't available on IOS right now.

However the new Xenforo update is coming soon in which this problem will be solved.

LR7

They aren't available on IOS right now.

However the new Xenforo update is coming soon in which this problem will be solved.

You can get them all if you use the Google Chrome browser rather than Safari. That's what I meant.

MDFC Manager

Is it possible to go directly to the last post of a thread, from the forum main page?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
That's great, thanks 17Larsson. We should continue to add to that original post as new questions are answered.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've added some screenshot snippets for some questions.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Damien, are you able to sticky threads in the mains?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Is there an option to increase font size, if so where, and how?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
do we have a list of all the tag codes available? ie (quote) etc ( using rouded brackets for example )