Redcafe Snooker

Withnail

Just seen abit of Maguires post match interview and he said he didn't know Murphys world ranking :lol: and guessed it to be about 5.

Each players ranking is listed above their seat and Maguire would've no doubt seen it many many times during their match.

Anyway, looking forward to Ronnie and Ryan tonight.
Tonight? It had already started when you posted this mate. They're practically two frames in.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
My buddy Ryan could be so much closer it's been on a plate for him in some frames.

He's a tough old SOB though he'll never give up.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Some poor potting in the Higgins/Allen game. Can’t see either of these winning the title.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At this point I'm just glad to still see him play and win

Don't see how he can be competitive at RG honestly, but we can hope

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Allen YOLOing this frame out after being cagey as feck all match.

Bertie Wooster

F****** hell! Gutted for Jack. :(

He was the better player for me - 11 breaks over 50 compared to Bingham's 3. And lost frames where he'd scored 60+ and 70+. Just boiled down (as usual!) to Jack making a few key errors and not winning enough of the tight frames.

Also wanted Mark Allen to win so a completely shit finish to what had been an entertaining nights snooker.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What an evening of snooker. Can't remember the second round being so tense.

Darkhorsez

F****** hell! Gutted for Jack. :(

He was the better player for me - 11 breaks over 50 compared to Bingham's 3. And lost frames where he'd scored 60+ and 70+. Just boiled down (as usual!) to Jack making a few key errors and not winning enough of the tight frames.

Also wanted Mark Allen to win so a completely shit finish to what had been an entertaining nights snooker.
Yeah that was so depressing. Jack was best on all categories than safety by a smidge. Jack was the better player and would have been a great match up with Ronnie. Oh well!

Fts 74

That's gotta be one of the best clearances ever from Higgins.Hes been well off it the last couple of years but that was vintage Higgins.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That's gotta be one of the best clearances ever from Higgins.Hes been well off it the last couple of years but that was vintage Higgins.
Didn't expect him to miss that red. He commits to it with no thought of the consequences as it should be.

Bertie Wooster

Jack is an ace slinger but he’ll never get to that next level until he cuts out the inexplicable misses and upgrades his safety game by a few levels.
Sadly, that's true. :(

Being a Man United and Jack Lisowski fan, it's been a pretty shitty and frustrating decade. Thank goodness for Judd Trump, who's been winning enough trophies for two in recent years!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Been a weird tournament so far, a lot of players showing inconsistency. Pockets look tighter than recent years as well.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Jack is an ace slinger but he’ll never get to that next level until he cuts out the inexplicable misses and upgrades his safety game by a few levels.
He just seems to lack that killer instinct that's needed to win big games.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Been a weird tournament so far, a lot of players showing inconsistency. Pockets look tighter than recent years as well.
Pockets are much tighter apparently. I think they’ve got the balance wrong. The idea is to increase the skill element so there is more of a difference between the good players and the great players and to create a bit more drama rather than every other frame having a 70+ break and over.

I think if they are too tight, even the better players start missing shots they otherwise wouldn’t and instead of increased competition you get the impression it’s sloppy play and lower standard.

Bertie Wooster

Pockets are much tighter apparently. I think they’ve got the balance wrong. The idea is to increase the skill element so there is more of a difference between the good players and the great players and to create a bit more drama rather than every other frame having a 70+ break and over.

I think if they are too tight, even the better players start missing shots they otherwise wouldn’t and instead of increased competition you get the impression it’s sloppy play and lower standard.
Yep. I agree. I can't imagine they're using such tight pockets in the women's game, surely? There's already a huge gulf in the amount of high breaks you get there - if they have to deal with these pockets they'll really struggle! But then, if not, it seems wrong to have different levels of difficulty of pockets for each tour?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Yep. I agree. I can't imagine they're using such tight pockets in the women's game, surely? There's already a huge gulf in the amount of high breaks you get there - if they have to deal with these pockets they'll really struggle! But then, if not, it seems wrong to have different levels of difficulty of pockets for each tour?
I’m amazed there isn’t an established size. Imagine if they did that with darts or something!

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can’t stand that cheat. But for some reason I bring him so much luck. Never see him lose a single frame
Read this first -

https://sportingintelligence832.substack.com/p/headline-in-here-please

‘At some point during the next few days, numerous people will take to social media and forums such as Reddit to accuse the four-time world snooker champion John Higgins of being a match-fixing cheat.

By the time you’ve finished reading this, you’ll probably realise there was never any credible evidence to suggest that was the case, and instead he was a victim of a disgraceful entrapment and massive misrepresentation’

Bondi77

Similar to his namesake about 30 odd years ago.