Redcafe Snooker

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I have no reason to dislike Trump yet I really do and I have no explanation why.
He plays "naughty snooker" which isn't clever, it's stupid half the time and loses him many frames.

He thinks he is some kind of icon with his shit hair and the way he dresses. Also he wore spikey shoes once.

He's very outspoken and thinks this tourney should be moved to China because they like him more over there.

He thinks whatever he say should go, as if he's been around for as log as hendry or ronnie and only his opinion matters.

He's a sore loser.

He's a wanker.

He thinks he's something he's not.

I could go on. I actually don't know anyone who likes him.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Trump is indeed a wanker. He thinks he's a legend before he's even won a world title.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Robertson on his way now surely, 1 frame away. He seems to have got his shit together just when it matters most, like all the proper champions do.

Skills

Snitch
Ronnie vs Robertson or Selby would both be good finals. I think they're probably the only players around who are actually capable of beating him in a big final.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
In a break again Robbo, looking nice for 13-11.

Don't have a clear favourite between Selby and Robertson, but whoever wins, hopefully will put a great resistance against Haw...O'Sullivan.

I like Ronnie as well, but he has five already, why not Selby to have one? :cool:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
In a break again Robbo, looking nice for 13-11.

Don't have a clear favourite between Selby and Robertson, but whoever wins, hopefully will put a great resistance against Haw...O'Sullivan.

I like Ronnie as well, but he has five already, why not Selby to have one? :cool:
I used to really like selby but he seems to be a bit dislike able now. Watched his interview thing on bbc earlier and he seemed all "me me me" not as fun to watch as Robertson either.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Trump is just a ball basher idiot. That shot was never on, Robertson left that safety for a reason.

Skills

Snitch
The commentators sound as if they're part of some Judd Trump fan club.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Trump's another one that seems to attract some moron fans too. Shouting out trying to put Robertson off.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
At least we've got 3 of the best players in the world in the SF's. Much better than last year's farce.

Selby v Robertson will be some match. If Robertson plays to the standard that he did tonight then he should win through, he's a better player than Selby. Selby never goes away though.

Sweet Square

They always have been and I can't understand why. It's very weird.
Don't want to hate on Trump too much but a lot of people are trying to make a push for him to be the next great thing in snooker because like we know once Ronnie calls it over there's going to be a big gap to fill.

I would Ronnie is the only player left in the game who can the average joe to watch snooker.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Don't want to hate on Trump too much but a lot of people are trying to make a push for him to be the next great thing in snooker because like we know once Ronnie calls it over there's going to be a big gap to fill.

I would Ronnie is the only player left in the game who can the average joe to watch snooker.
Yeah that could be it. I thought brecel may have emerged but he seems to have just hit a wall. Trump isn't as exciting as ronnie to watch, he tries, but fails where ronnie excels. There generally isn't going to be another ronnie, it's the whole package with him. His style, his personality, his tantrums and troubles.

Kag

Tosser Trump is out. Good stuff. Hoping for a Roberton/Ronnie final. I can't be chewed with another two of Selby's wars of attrition.

Sweet Square

Yeah that could be it. I thought brecel may have emerged but he seems to have just hit a wall. Trump isn't as exciting as ronnie to watch, he tries, but fails where ronnie excels. There generally isn't going to be another ronnie, it's the whole package with him. His style, his personality, his tantrums and troubles.
Yep Ronnie is once in a generation player. The greatest part of his game for me is the way he makes the game look so incredibly easy,to the point where you think you could do what he's doing. Hands down the greatest player I've seen.

It's not really Trumps faults really about the amount of praise he's getting(He does seem a big headed and also thought it was poor of him not to congratulate Robertson for his 100 centuries ) it's more that the people in snooker are desperately looking for a new player to be the face of snooker.

I'm not sure how much of of a problem there will be when Ronnie calls it quits but I know for me Ronnie's really the only player I will sit down and watch(Robertson as well most of the time). While for the other matches they are mostly background noise for when I doing something else.

So what I'm trying to say is Ronnie :drool:

Name Changed

weso26
I don't think hes done it as a tactic to disrupt trump, more to get his head right, that century has been playing on his mind. Also if you've watched the entire match there have been a hell of a lot of difficult shots to play, and options on how to play. It's a game where the slow play has been necessary IMO. Some players take a lot longer when they're playing at their fastest. Even trump has took a while over some shots. I'd like to see their average shot times now. Last I seen (ages ago) trump was at 21 and Robertson was at 32 I think it was.
On reflection I may have been a little harsh. I've never been as bored watching a match though and that says a lot.

Name Changed

weso26
He plays "naughty snooker" which isn't clever, it's stupid half the time and loses him many frames.

He thinks he is some kind of icon with his shit hair and the way he dresses. Also he wore spikey shoes once.

He's very outspoken and thinks this tourney should be moved to China because they like him more over there.

He thinks whatever he say should go, as if he's been around for as log as hendry or ronnie and only his opinion matters.

He's a sore loser.

He's a wanker.

He thinks he's something he's not.

I could go on. I actually don't know anyone who likes him.
Ok. I like him even less now!

Riddle

6-2 O'Sullivan after the first session.

Except for the 7th frame and couple of nice long pots, O'Sullivan didn't really play well. He'll be extremely happy with that lead. He's bound get into one of his in the zone periods tomorrow though which should be game over.

I think the loss of that 4th frame badly affected Hawkins. He was all over the place after the break. If he continues like this tomorrow, I can't see him getting into double figures.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
A bit like Murphy, Hawkins started well. He was all over the place by the last frame of the session though. O'Sullivan will probably walk it now and Robertson vs Selby will be the more interesting semi-final.

Claymore

Did Tosser Trump really call Robertson "negative" during the pre-match montage, or did I hear that incorrectly?

On what earth is a man with 99 centuries a negative snooker player?

Trump was right though, Neil Robertson is one of the more negative style of players, more Ebdon and Selby or Higgins. Judd is up there with Ronnie as an attacking style of player.

Heard a Chelsea fan on the radio the other day defending Jose's critics by quoting the 6-0 v Arsenal, similar thing. 100 centuries doesn't change that.

Kag

Trump was right though, Neil Robertson is one of the more negative style of players, more Ebdon and Selby or Higgins. Judd is up there with Ronnie as an attacking style of player.

Heard a Chelsea fan on the radio the other day defending Jose's critics by quoting the 6-0 v Arsenal, similar thing. 100 centuries doesn't change that.
Who is, the most devastating long potter in the game? What Judd Trump means is that he doesn't know what a safety shot is if it smacked him in the face, Robertson does. Aimlessly bashing balls shouldn't impress anybody. Robertson certainly goes out to pot balls and be the aggressor. As did John Higgins. Admittedly, Selby can be hard to watch.

I just quoted you on a random thread to find you were the one that posted back to me literally a second later. Weird!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
O'Sullivan will be enjoy this. Good tactical battle from Selby/Robertson but at this rate they'll both be finished by the final while O'Sullivan will be fresh and ready to go.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
You don't get 100 centuries in a season by being a negative player, no idea where that's coming from. Robertson is just a quality all around player.

Ronnie on the other hand, is probably at about 60% performance level and is breezing through to another final. He probably played somewhere near his best in the final few frames against Perry but he's not as good as he was last year. He's still got a few gears to go yet, that's how far ahead of these players he is.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Big frame to win here from Robertson, another century. Selby leads 5-3 overnight.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good century from him. Got the feeling this one is going to be long.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Good century from him. Got the feeling this one is going to be long.
Probably go the distance this one. I do think if Robertson brings his top game he will have enough to get through though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Probably go the distance this one. I do think if Robertson brings his top game he will have enough to get through though.
I hope he does, if he brings his best game to the final he's got a better chance than anyone of giving O'Sullivan a good game.

Riddle

I just can't predict this one. It's going all the way, I'm sure of it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Robertson... negative :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robertson just knows when the go for the pots and when to play for snookers and safety. Judd hasn't got a clue what he is doing, lets other players in too easily by not playing "negative" as he calls it. It's not negative playing safety, why go for a 20% shot, when you can play safe and get a good 75%+ shot in a few shots time? You're basically just setting yourself up for a better chance. It is actually a tactical game.

It's the way the game is played. Anyone who thinks snooker is all about smashing balls in and making the ball spin off 3 cushions to look good doesn't know anything about snooker.

Claymore

Who is, the most devastating long potter in the game? What Judd Trump means is that he doesn't know what a safety shot is if it smacked him in the face, Robertson does. Aimlessly bashing balls shouldn't impress anybody. Robertson certainly goes out to pot balls and be the aggressor. As did John Higgins. Admittedly, Selby can be hard to watch.

I just quoted you on a random thread to find you were the one that posted back to me literally a second later. Weird!

Did you, which section? Will have a look at the alert things in a min.

As for the long potting, yeah he's good at that but so was Williams and many others, all round I'd not rate Robertson as attacking minded player, and no where near trump, and this game showed. Robertson also reckons 100 centries is better than a 147 and mentioned that the noise was more than for 147's he's seen or the couple he mad. That was due to the media point on it and his pressure if he'd do it, nobody can call a 147, much tougher hence why Ronnie the best ever to pick up a cue and Hendry the most successful are out on their own. Still good though in one season no doubt.

For me if he wins it again with his play and character it'd be like Liverpool winning the title. He supports Chelsea as well now he's over here.

Ainu

I can see why you don't rate Robertson as an attacking minded player, I'd just call him balanced. Certainly not negative either. He knows when to pot and to play safe, but he still takes on more pots where a lot of other players might play it safe. That last sentence is just bizarre.