Redcafe Snooker

fergosaurus

Excellent win for him and he showed bottle needing the last two frames.

Mark Allen could have made a record five centuries in a row but was unlucky going into the pack on a break of 40-odds.

Alemar

So any forecasts for today’s semifinals?
Selby - Robertson and Trump - Higgins, very strong pairs, and everyone played very well in 1/4

ChrisNelson

Final today, 3-1 to Trump at the first interval, Robertson has come flying back and leads 4-3 but Trump at table with a great chance to make it 4-4 and set it up perfectly for tonight - first to 9 for the English Open title.

Alemar

4-4 at the interval. Robertson looks slightly more solid so far, but only so far

Alemar

6-4 Robertson leads. He is supremely good now, it’s frightening actually.

7-4, Neil devastates Judd...

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
6-4 Robertson leads. He is supremely good now, it’s frightening actually.

7-4, Neil devastates Judd...
Robertson’s great form always coincides with shite World of Warcraft expansions.

Alemar

7-6. Robertson wins his frames with centuries, Trump - with great difficulties :)

fergosaurus

It's been a real grind of a tournament for Trump. This would really hurt Robertson if Trump goes on to win this frame after missing a relatively straightforward frame ball.

Alemar

7-7.
Robertson is better, but Judd just gnaws frames out... green and brown were fantastic

Alemar

Rerack in 15th frame after 21
Minutes of tactical gameplay... still 7-7

Alemar

8-8, the final goes to the deciding frame. Third century in the final from Neil.

To be frank,Robertson was a better player today. But as a Judd supporter, I of course hope Trump will edge him in a decider

Alemar

Judd Trump wins English open!!! 9-8
century in the decider, unbelievable.

Alemar

18th ranking title win for Trump, he is now level with Robertson and Selby on this metric and joint sixth of all time

fergosaurus

18th ranking title win for Trump, he is now level with Robertson and Selby on this metric and joint sixth of all time
Also equals Selby on ten consecutive ranking final wins in a row. Both only one behind Hendry.

Skills

Snitch
Are Robertson and Trump both the best long potters of all time? They're both unbelievable if you leave half a chance

Alemar

Are Robertson and Trump both the best long potters of all time? They're both unbelievable if you leave half a chance
That’s very likely.
Trump won this final via long potting and safety (95% safety success), despite Robertson’s three centuries and overall better gameplay

Neo_Mufc

Never seen anything like it. Saw both interviews at the end. Just as well it wasn't a longer match could have got even nastier.
Bear in mind I haven't seen the interviews but is it fair to say Ronnie is getting more miserable in his old age? I know he's always had that kick to him but sometimes it's just too much.

Talent and being the best aside I just don't like him any more nor want to support him.

R77

Ronnie :lol:

Missed all of that other than the clip above. What kicked that off?

fergosaurus

Missed it too but love a good grudge match. Reminds me of McGill vs Clarke at the WC where you could cut the tension with a knife.

Can anyone tell me what frame it happened in? I saw Ronnie lost the last three.

sallycinnamin

Missed it too but love a good grudge match. Reminds me of McGill vs Clarke at the WC where you could cut the tension with a knife.

Can anyone tell me what frame it happened in? I saw Ronnie lost the last three.
It happened in the last frame. Looked likely at the start was going to be a re-rack but Ronnie unnaturally taking two minutes per shot. Earlier a velcro sponsor logo was coming off Allen's waistcoat and Ronnie maintained he was in his eyeliner. Referre said to Allen he had done nothing wrong. Ronnie had a massive opportunity to win that frame at 5-3 but missed such an easy red. Allen cleared up didn't seem bothered and Ronnie no eye contact left the arena.

The interview with Allen nuts and bolts had done nothing wrong, wasn't going to be bullied by O'sullivan. Referre told him he had done nothing wrong. He also said because of it made.him even more determined to clear up which he did.

O'Sullivan said Allen was standing up a fair bit he passed it off till final frame at 5-3 then confronted him about it. Said it was stuff you'd see down the local snooker hall.

That's why when it always comes up on here about Sports Personality of the Year why O Sullivan and Phil Taylor have never won it that it's my opinion they are both liable to say or do anything out of the blue on live television. Just my opinion mind you. No doubting the greatest in their chosen field but as with a lot of geniuses very much unpredictable and capable of anything.

fergosaurus

It happened in the last frame. Looked likely at the start was going to be a re-rack but Ronnie unnaturally taking two minutes per shot. Earlier a velcro sponsor logo was coming off Allen's waistcoat and Ronnie maintained he was in his eyeliner. Referre said to Allen he had done nothing wrong. Ronnie had a massive opportunity to win that frame at 5-3 but missed such an easy red. Allen cleared up didn't seem bothered and Ronnie no eye contact left the arena.

The interview with Allen nuts and bolts had done nothing wrong, wasn't going to be bullied by O'sullivan. Referre told him he had done nothing wrong. He also said because of it made.him even more determined to clear up which he did.

O'Sullivan said Allen was standing up a fair bit he passed it off till final frame at 5-3 then confronted him about it. Said it was stuff you'd see down the local snooker hall.

That's why when it always comes up on here about Sports Personality of the Year why O Sullivan and Phil Taylor have never won it that it's my opinion they are both liable to say or do anything out of the blue on live television. Just my opinion mind you. No doubting the greatest in their chosen field but as with a lot of geniuses very much unpredictable and capable of anything.
Sounds like an interesting match, I regret not watching it now. Cheers for the summary of what happened.

poleglass red

Ronnie being a bit silly in fairness. Maybe he was trying to get an edge in a tight match, bully him as Allen says. Ronnie seems relaxed about it post match, almost laughing it off. The ref said to Allen you've done nothing wrong, at that point Ronnie has no argument, play on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Matthew Stevens has been getting frustrated by the bounce of the cushions of the snooker table in his match against Ronnie O'Sullivan. Ronnie himself has been perplexed on several occasions, too, and the match is quite close between them.

Stevens even punched the cushions after failing to pocket a red. He's starting to lose his composure now.

ChrisNelson

Could be another Trump v Ronnie final. Trump currently 3-1 up in his QF vs. Donaldson (first to 5) and Ronnie plays Ding tonight in what should be a cracker.

Alemar

We will have an excellent final, Trump vs O’Sullivan! Hopefully Judd will increase his streak of final wins