Reddit ITKs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So the summary from that reddit ITK is:
  • Sancho possibly back on, Hazard and Brandt signings possible preparations for him leaving
  • Wan Bissaka on and pretty far along, not going forward with Meunier
  • Partey on, Pogba will be staying
  • Koulibaly off
  • De Ligt maybe still will go to Barca but plenty of encouragement that we can get him now? Also that Ajax fan on here says that he's never cared for La Liga and always preferred the premier league so... it's on?
  • Bale loan option possible, Jovic possible if the madrid deal collapses
Outgoings:
  • Bailly has offers
  • De Gea leaving to PSG this summer
  • Pogba staying
  • Sanchez has an offer from Inter
  • Lukaku possible to Inter
So if Sancho (100m), Wan Bissaka (50m?), Partey (45m) and De Ligt (120m?) happen... That has to be around 300m? One of them possibly, but I just can't see most of them joining. Would be nice though!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think grown men should be able to have enough emotional balance to be able to read shit like this in good spirit. I’ve never been a fan of the whole ‘of this isn’t true, ban him!’ stuff. Like, get your emotions in check, we’re talking hypothetical football transfers here, which will all be revealed within weeks anyway. This idea of censorship is ridiculous to me, just because people can’t take ‘heartbreak’.

By all means, no need to post all the random wasters on Twitter, but when I read for calls to ban entire newspapers, or people who are out being professional sports journalists while we do whatever it is we do on a daily basis, but of a stretch to me. Like, believe what you want, and ignore it if you don’t. No football going on, let it flow!

Marzo

I think grown men should be able to have enough emotional balance to be able to read shit like this in good spirit. I’ve never been a fan of the whole ‘of this isn’t true, ban him!’ stuff. Like, get your emotions in check, we’re talking hypothetical football transfers here, which will all be revealed within weeks anyway. This idea of censorship is ridiculous to me, just because people can’t take ‘heartbreak’.

By all means, no need to post all the random wasters on Twitter, but when I read for calls to ban entire newspapers, or people who are out being professional sports journalists while we do whatever it is we do on a daily basis, but of a stretch to me. Like, believe what you want, and ignore it if you don’t. No football going on, let it flow!
Yep, and it helps us forget about last season, and make us believe we can win the League, the FA Cup, the Europe L, and qualify for the CL the following season, so it’s that hope and belief that you cling onto.
That’s football guys, and the the hope and anticipation it gives us for next season, embrace the silly season.
We go again.

Acole9

Outstanding
My uncle cleans cars at the training ground and noticed Woodward's glove box was open and there was a contract all written up for De Ligt in there. This is happening guys.

settembrini

There were ITKs coming out of the woodwork over five minutes on reddit yesterday trying to get in on the story that De Ligt was signing for United. Spoofex did his usual thing of saying the news would be breaking soon and was again proven wrong within hours just like with the James announcement that never happened. On top of that he revealed that one of his sources was another reddit user called RightSaidFred_MUFC. People then looked into that guy's post history and saw he had made multiple claims that never happened such as United buying Mbappe, signings being done, VdS being appointed director. So that's yet another blow to Spoofex's credibility and people seem to be doubting him for the first time. He needs to get something right soon or the reddit muppets will be very angry with their king.

The one reddit ITK with an actual history of getting things right (xisimon) posted to say that De Ligt is a possibility because he was expected to join Barcelona and they are having problems finalising the deal, which is pretty obvious/already known anyway.

Acole9

Outstanding
There were ITKs coming out of the woodwork over five minutes on reddit yesterday trying to get in on the story that De Ligt was signing for United. Spoofex did his usual thing of saying the news would be breaking soon and was again proven wrong within hours just like with the James announcement that never happened. On top of that he revealed that one of his sources was another reddit user called RightSaidFred_MUFC. People then looked into that guy's post history and saw he had made multiple claims that never happened such as United buying Mbappe, signings being done, VdS being appointed director. So that's yet another blow to Spoofex's credibility and people seem to be doubting him for the first time. He needs to get something right soon or the reddit muppets will be very angry with their king.

The one reddit ITK with an actual history of getting things right (xisimon) posted to say that De Ligt is a possibility because he was expected to join Barcelona and they are having problems finalising the deal, which is pretty obvious/already known anyway.
FFS :lol:.

willhse456

This has to be one of the most vague comments I've ever seen.

This is the only guy that I think knows someone at the club, but it won't be anyone important, probably just a higher up at marketing or something. There's no way that someone with actual power at Utd browses the Utd reddit forum.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
just like with the James announcement that never happened
I take all these things with a pinch of salt, see it as more of a laugh rather than anything too serious. But James' father passed away, can't really account for that can you.

Cloud7

I was just about to post something similar. For the life of me I can’t understand how people get so angry and upset over supposed ITK’s. It’s fecking rumors about football transfers. If they happen to be true, then great, if not then so what? It’s not like they’re releasing rumors that you’re about to be fired on Monday. It’s not that serious.

Cliche Guevara

I think in reality there’s probably some weird rumour vortex in effect.

People within the club repeat a rumour from outwith the club, which then becomes a rumour from within the club.

Human nature is bizarre sometimes and the way people interpret and repeat information being presented, is fascinating.

The oddest phenomenon is people using events that weren’t actually predicted accurately, as some kind of evidence of someone’s credibility. It’s astonishing sometimes.

Really does resemble the way the psychic world operates, indeed.

Infra-red

I was just about to post something similar. For the life of me I can’t understand how people get so angry and upset over supposed ITK’s. It’s fecking rumors about football transfers. If they happen to be true, then great, if not then so what? It’s not like they’re releasing rumors that you’re about to be fired on Monday. It’s not that serious.
Yes it's not worth getting worked up about. It's just a load of kids sat in their bedrooms having a bit of fun making stuff up on the internet, that a load of other kids sat in their bedrooms are having a bit of fun reading.

Nobody actually thinks any of these people know anything.

It's right to keep all this drivel confined to a single thread, though.

settembrini

I take all these things with a pinch of salt, see it as more of a laugh rather than anything too serious. But James' father passed away, can't really account for that can you.
I don't really want to talk about a serious and private subject in a silly reddit itk thread but for the record spoofex was claiming that there would be an announcement on Tuesday night about United signing James and his dad passed away very suddenly late on Wednesday. So I don't believe that was the reason for this supposed announcement not happening. Won't talk about this again, feel awful for the family :(

Gasolin

Acquire Me was proven to be spectacularly out of the know when he insisted that Griezmann to United was a done deal vs everyone else saying no it wasn't. Everyone else turned out to be right.

There is an actual ITK on reddit. His name is xisimon or something. He is unusual in that he doesn't post often and when he does say something will happen he sticks with it and it ends up happening. spoofex is trying to set himself as king ITK this summer with the more typical strategy of constantly posting different, sometimes completely conflicting stories, and then relying on people only remembering the stuff he got right.
You mean this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/u_xisimon/status/1132058932204191744

BlueHaze

I would be happy if the mods decided to ban all posts from these "reddit leakers".

I don't know why I get so mad every time I see them make huge leak posts.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I don't really want to talk about a serious and private subject in a silly reddit itk thread but for the record spoofex was claiming that there would be an announcement on Tuesday night about United signing James and his dad passed away very suddenly late on Wednesday. So I don't believe that was the reason for this supposed announcement not happening. Won't talk about this again, feel awful for the family :(
I respect your right not to talk about it, but you're incorrect. But yeah, we'll leave it there.

Cloud7

Yes it's not worth getting worked up about. It's just a load of kids sat in their bedrooms having a bit of fun making stuff up on the internet, that a load of other kids sat in their bedrooms are having a bit of fun reading.

Nobody actually thinks any of these people know anything.

It's right to keep all this drivel confined to a single thread, though.
You would think no one thinks that any of them know anything, but then why do people get so angry about it :lol:

jesperjaap

My favourite not ITK has to be manchesterunitedrumours.co.uk

In all the years I have dipped in there and there various expert eds, dont think they have got a single thing right ever :)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

In all the years I have dipped in there and there various expert eds, dont think they have got a single thing right ever :)
Aww, that brings up memories. Used to dip in there about ten years ago and obviously believed them :) They still going strong?

Johan07

Thomas Meunier is the ideal right back signing. Plus he is a Manchester United fan so will put maximum effort in. Wish we would stop fecking wasting time and just get it done.
Do people really think that a professional player will put in a higher effort because he supported a club when he was young? Such a lazy argument.

Red_toad

Do people really think that a professional player will put in a higher effort because he supported a club when he was young? Such a lazy argument.
Entirely dependant on their manager and their individual personality. But look at someone like Gaz Neville, once he knew he couldn't do it, he quit for the benefit of the club. He was a highly motivated individual and he genuinely had the club at heart when he was on the pitch. Then look at Pogba, who seems half arsed a lot of the time. Would Pogba be motivated more for his youth club? Probably not...

Johan07

Entirely dependant on their manager and their individual personality. But look at someone like Gaz Neville, once he knew he couldn't do it, he quit for the benefit of the club. He was a highly motivated individual and he genuinely had the club at heart when he was on the pitch. Then look at Pogba, who seems half arsed a lot of the time. Would Pogba be motivated more for his youth club? Probably not...
I would argue that you cant really compare players that grew up at the club with foreign players who might have had a United shirt on when they were young. To compare Gaz with Meunier is just.... not very adequate.

Sterling Archer

To be honest, I much prefer the elaborate stories of marketing minions or cleaning staff overhearing something to the usual useless sh*t journalists post:

- United consider bid
- so and so club get ready to reject bid
- United prepare bid
- player has a choice between money or other club
And so on. These ITK stories are much more imaginative

C'est Moi Cantona

That corrienationstr and toplawyer20 on twitter had quite a following for a long time.

Think someone slayed the former when they told him a player was signing from some random side and he bought it, and then posted it as exclusive news, but it was actually an anagram of something like 'I talk a load of bollocks', and the lawyer just talked in riddles, and then when we signed someone he'd claim one of the riddles was him telling his followers weeks previous.

Mad, but people get drawn in every time with these sort of guys.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There is a user u/drewing12 on reddit who has taken the tier challenge!:drool::drool::drool:

Based Adnan

Reddit ITK said tier 1/2s will start relaying the news today

Gerard Romero (tier 1 for Barca) has just come out and said De Ligt is very close to United

willhse456

At the very least this proves that they definitely know something and that they're worth listening to.

AgentP

So the summary from that reddit ITK is:
  • Sancho possibly back on, Hazard and Brandt signings possible preparations for him leaving
  • Wan Bissaka on and pretty far along, not going forward with Meunier
  • Partey on, Pogba will be staying
  • Koulibaly off
  • De Ligt maybe still will go to Barca but plenty of encouragement that we can get him now? Also that Ajax fan on here says that he's never cared for La Liga and always preferred the premier league so... it's on?
  • Bale loan option possible, Jovic possible if the madrid deal collapses
Outgoings:
  • Bailly has offers
  • De Gea leaving to PSG this summer
  • Pogba staying
  • Sanchez has an offer from Inter
  • Lukaku possible to Inter
So if Sancho (100m), Wan Bissaka (50m?), Partey (45m) and De Ligt (120m?) happen... That has to be around 300m? One of them possibly, but I just can't see most of them joining. Would be nice though!
This would be a dream scenario :drool:

ChaddyP

Reddit itks remind me of the twitter thread in 2011. Before rules and order :lol:

I love it :keano: