Reddit ITKs

Terminator

Apparently he also liked some Barca fan page post along the lines of 'Come to Barca, become a legend etc'. De Ligt is a huge WUM.

Suv666

Apparently he also liked some Barca fan page post along the lines of 'Come to Barca, become a legend etc'. De Ligt is a huge WUM.
Imagine being 19 years old and you have the power to wind up thousands of fans. I know I'd do the same :lol::lol:

Irrational.

They're nothing but trolling hacks that get wind of a story in the media and ride the bandwagon pretending to have some secret internal source at the club. Either that or they pluck any story out from thin air and then watch the chaos unfold as muppets everywhere crowd round them like flies round shit for that sweet, sweet transfer nectar.

Sterling Archer

They're nothing but trolling hacks that get wind of a story in the media and ride the bandwagon pretending to have some secret internal source at the club. Either that or they pluck any story out from thin air and then watch the chaos unfold as muppets everywhere crowd round them like flies round shit for that sweet, sweet transfer nectar.
That has led to folks on Reddit stalking and posting the personal information of these ITKs. What was all fun and excitement - if one doesn't believe or like the muppetry it's easy enough to ignore - has now gone on to be possibly damaging in real life for the individual.

Real shame.

BlueHaze

Yeah as @Sterling Archer said one of the ITK's was just doxxed. His twitter was leaked along with a twitch account connected to it. Both the ITK and his girlfriend got heavily abused on twitter and he has now deleted all his accounts it seems. This got out of hand quickly.

izec

That has led to folks on Reddit stalking and posting the personal information of these ITKs. What was all fun and excitement - if one doesn't believe or like the muppetry it's easy enough to ignore - has now gone on to be possibly damaging in real life for the individual.

Real shame.
Dont agree. While it is over the top to stalk him and abuse, spouting bullshit is never a good idea. It would be easy enough to ignore if they said it is bullshit from the beginning, but since they claim to be ITK, some people dont see it as fun. Thats also why they do it in the first place. They just went overboard with their updates and since you never know who you meet on the internet, not everyone will share the same opinion of excitement and fun.

Sterling Archer

Dont agree. While it is over the top to stalk him and abuse, spouting bullshit is never a good idea. It would be easy enough to ignore if they said it is bullshit from the beginning, but since they claim to be ITK, some people dont see it as fun. Thats also why they do it in the first place. They just went overboard with their updates and since you never know who you meet on the internet, not everyone will share the same opinion of excitement and fun.
I'm definitely sympathetic to the 'ITK'. First of all because we don't yet know if it was bull or not. If it is true, then it's a shame to chase away someone sticking their neck out for a bit of muppetry. It's so much more fun than BOOM.

And if it isn't true, they get banned from the Reddit sub, unlike the journos on Twitter that continue to post garbage left and right. That to me is fair enough judgment in place.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Am I supposed to be sorry that people who are clearly making up rumours for attention and notoriety then get the wrong type of attention?

People in here say “it’s just a bit of fun”. They are people who go onto internet websites and pretend to have friends who work for United.

Anyone who thinks any of them are actually legitimate is mental.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It's easy enough to take with a pinch of salt though. I read all the rumours from them, but I'd never fully believe them until it's announced. Don't know why anyone would think anymore into it than that.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Am I supposed to be sorry that people who are clearly making up rumours for attention and notoriety then get the wrong type of attention?

People in here say “it’s just a bit of fun”. They are people who go onto internet websites and pretend to have friends who work for United.

Anyone who thinks any of them are actually legitimate is mental.
They're not causing any harm though are they? Just ignore them ffs.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yes. They literally lower the discourse on forums such as this. You get people infecting the site with relentless negativity because they are not getting the transfers promised.

There’s been two threads already about how we haven’t made any signings yet. These people are being duped by ITKs promising the Earth.

ArjenIsM3

Yes. They literally lower the discourse on forums such as this. You get people infecting the site with relentless negativity because they are not getting the transfers promised.

There’s been two threads already about how we haven’t made any signings yet. These people are being duped by ITKs promising the Earth.
Can't blame the ITK's for the stupidity of those impatient fans. Perhaps being "duped" teaches them a valuable lesson. Perhaps we'll even see less of those stupid threads. Naïve? Yes, but one can hope right? :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

The pessimists will cry no matter what. Threads like these allow people to take their mind off the negative stuff and dream

Snafu17

Everyone involved is a complete idiot. The ITKs are idiots because a) if you actually have a friend "in the known" you risk getting them fired just so you can get some attention on the internet (and don't lie to yourself, there's no other reason why they do it) or b) you're more likely a twat making this shit up for that same internet attention. The dickheads who doxxed and abused them are obviously complete idiots and cnuts, people who believe and defend the ITKs are naive idiots, but most of all it's the mods who are the biggest idiots of the lot, for allowing and even encouraging this farce. Oh, a group of people on your online forum with 100 thousand members took something too seriously, got offended when they found out it was all bollocks and subsequently created a shitshow? Well colour me shocked, who could've predicted that a huge anonymous online mob would act like every other huge anonymous online mob did in the past. Great moderating you muppets, A fecking +.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The pessimists will cry no matter what. Threads like these allow people to take their mind off the negative stuff and dream
But it doesn’t take their mind off it. I’ve been here for years. The Thiago, Vidal, Fabregas threads were toxic. It creates an atmosphere where we’re always looking for constant signings and we hear proclamations like “we’ve won the transfer window”. People throw our own players under a bus for a Portuguese winger playing for Villareal who they’ve seen on YouTube and also had great potential on FM.

crossy1686

career ending
Find it hard to feel sympathy for some kid who makes up rumours about United on the internet in order to get people to like him. You'd get knocked out for winding people up in real life, people take this shit seriously and put bets on accordingly. Never under estimate the level of dickhead some people are.

gulli_G

Find it hard to feel sympathy for some kid who makes up rumours about United on the internet in order to get people to like him. You'd get knocked out for winding people up in real life, people take this shit seriously and put bets on accordingly. Never under estimate the level of dickhead some people are.
The heat was on him as xsimon pulled him up on a few inconsistentencies. But others doxxing took it too far.

Sanche7

If those people who are being duped don't have a problem with it, why do you care so much. Mate, most people don't take this very seriously, especially people who have lived through Vidal, Griezmann and Thiago sagas. It's fun to speculate and fun to have a laugh about, we needs this, especially after the season we just had.

I can assure you, nothing that happens this window will come close to beating the shite season we just had. If people survived through turd like the Everton match, I think they are going to be OK if a transfer saga falls through

dove

No idea why would anyone feel sorry for them. They knew exactly where they are getting into and what will be the consequences eventually when everyone realises it's BS stories. They wanted to look cool on the internet but the are plenty of ways to do that, you don't need to invent stories and pretend it's true.

diarm

But it doesn’t take their mind off it. I’ve been here for years. The Thiago, Vidal, Fabregas threads were toxic. It creates an atmosphere where we’re always looking for constant signings and we hear proclamations like “we’ve won the transfer window”. People throw our own players under a bus for a Portuguese winger playing for Villareal who they’ve seen on YouTube and also had great potential on FM.
Tell me more about this winger.

crossy1686

career ending
The heat was on him as xsimon pulled him up on a few inconsistentencies. But others doxxing took it too far.
While I agree, it is going too far for normal people like you and I, kids need to understand that you can't do and say whatever you want on the internet because people will find you and hold you accountable. As I said, never underestimate the level of dickhead some people are willing to go to. He should take this as a life lesson, don't be a prick on the internet and expect people to feel sorry for you when it backfires.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Coming from a Spurs point of view, we have loads of ITKs they do cause quite a lot of harm in the fan base. The problems being some people use their information to attack the club with when realy most of it if no all is bullshit. I mean what does it say about the clubs staff if they are leaking information all over the place?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
No idea why would anyone feel sorry for them. They knew exactly where they are getting into and what will be the consequences eventually when everyone realises it's BS stories. They wanted to look cool on the internet but the are plenty of ways to do that, you don't need to invent stories and pretend it's true.
"Professional" journalists seem to do the exact same thing, in fact, they continue to do it regularly and nobody blinks an eye.

Personally attacking people cannot be justified no matter what, they even started harassing his girlfriend who has nothing to do with it. I don't want to make assumptions here but needing this attention and recognition on the internet might mean that these guys have some issues in real life.

fallengt

These kids never learn.
Gabe Newell the wise once said "don't lie to the internet. They'll always remember"

settembrini

Imagine having to explain to your girlfriend that the reason random nutters are insulting her on twitter is because you were trying to impress those same random nutters on reddit by pretending you knew your football club were signing a player.

Acquire Me

Its no point attacking a kid. If you choose to believe in him, that risk is on you imo.

That said, they fell on the sword pretty fast when BBC Stone said his opinion on Twitter.

I love the muppet season. The reddit ikt’s are extra spice.

Sterling Archer

Its no point attacking a kid. If you choose to believe in him, that risk is on you imo.

That said, they fell on the sword pretty fast when BBC Stone said his opinion on Twitter.

I love the muppet season. The reddit ikt’s are extra spice.
There are a lot of people here saying it's these guys' own fault. So thought exercise for you since you may be able to relate better:

How would you have felt, what, a season or two ago, if before anything was finalized if a few of the cafe started harassing you and your family? And then another half of the cafe said it was your own fault for sharing anything. How does it feel to know so many on the cafe would have turned on you, blamed you for it? Agree with that?

Trying to phrase it like this because I see cafe looking at redittors like outsiders. And yet I wonder if the perspective of one of their own changes the level of sympathies...

To me, in the end there is no excuse for it. You don't like what someone says especially on the internet , just move on. It's not even hate speech or political. It's not even as harmful as people that post spoilers for shows and movies. The only ones too reprimand are the idiots that reacted with the doxxing.

Acquire Me

There are a lot of people here saying it's these guys' own fault. So thought exercise for you since you may be able to relate better:

How would you have felt, what, a season or two ago, if before anything was finalized if a few of the cafe started harassing you and your family? And then another half of the cafe said it was your own fault for sharing anything. How does it feel to know so many on the cafe would have turned on you, blamed you for it? Agree with that?

Trying to phrase it like this because I see cafe looking at redittors like outsiders. And yet I wonder if the perspective of one of their own changes the level of sympathies...

To me, in the end there is no excuse for it. You don't like what someone says especially on the internet , just move on. It's not even hate speech or political. It's not even as harmful as people that post spoilers for shows and movies. The only ones too reprimand are the idiots that reacted with the doxxing.
I made a big mistake sharing something I think was a good source and someone I trust. I regret that now, because I got some shit. I would not say harassment or anything serious.

As it turns out, for some this type of information is dead serious and for others it’s more fun with the puppet season to get some information that may or may not happen. Most people know that nothing in football transfers are 100%.

So yeah, I do feel for the kid. He may or may not know someone important. The important thing for me is that he probably never intended to hurt anyone, that I am pretty sure about.

My tip for anyone getting information, true or false, keep it to yourself. But don’t go after anyone like that kid, that’s just to much.

Cliche Guevara

These things aren’t mutually exclusive however.

I don’t think anyone actually agrees with people being harassed, and certainly not other people they know who had nothing to do with it.

That’s not to say these ITKs should be able to post whatever they want, unchallenged, however.

It’s two separate issues. You can condemn this doxxing business whilst also not being happy with the behaviour of so-called ITKs, and recognising their actions have led to some level of consequence.

Sterling Archer

I made a big mistake sharing something I think was a good source and someone I trust. I regret that now, because I got some shit. I would not say harassment or anything serious.

As it turns out, for some this type of information is dead serious and for others it’s more fun with the puppet season to get some information that may or may not happen. Most people know that nothing in football transfers are 100%.

So yeah, I do feel for the kid. He may or may not know someone important. The important thing for me is that he probably never intended to hurt anyone, that I am pretty sure about.

My tip for anyone getting information, true or false, keep it to yourself. But don’t go after anyone like that kid, that’s just to much.
Indeed, I doubt there was any intention whatsoever to cause anyone harm. Good advice and bit of a wake up call - the internet is far from just an anonymous safe space.

I'm guessing we won't see quite as many of these stories pop up, which I did enjoy. Have to suffer thru the drivel of BOOM man, ball bag and the likes :(

By the way, also glad it wasn't too bad for you in the end.

Sterling Archer

These things aren’t mutually exclusive however.

I don’t think anyone actually agrees with people being harassed, and certainly other people they know who had nothing to do with it.

That’s not to say these ITKs should be able to post whatever they want unchallenged, however.

It’s two separate issues. You can condemn this doxxing business whilst also not being happy with the behaviour of so-called ITKs.
The Reddit Tier Challenge seemed really quite fair to me. The ITKs gave their specific sources and information to the mods. If they were found untrue to whatever extent then the user, his/her actual account would be banned. On a place where karma and likes rule supreme, that's a fair price to pay. So it wasn't quite unfettered rumors and lies being tossed around.

Problem was, transfers change. One day the ITKs seemed to be correct. Next day there were some conflicting reports. In the end, bassed on De Ligt, nothing is set and the ITK info may well have been correct. And before any of that came to pass, you have people lose it. That's not fair. And it's not on the original posters in my mind.