Reece James

Sid234

All newspapers are unreliable and take wild guesses!

I read an article in M.E.N the day before news of Blackett and James' contract extensions was announced that claimed we'd let Blackett, James, Will Keane, Tom Thorpe and Pereira go in the summer as their contract expires.

I think Will Keane has 1 or 2 more years on his contract, while i'm not sure what's gonna happen with Thorpe and looks like Periera is going the Pogba route.

That article also claimed LvG would fast track Alex Tuanzebe to the first team next season.

khoazany

All newspapers are unreliable and take wild guesses!

I read an article in M.E.N the day before news of Blackett and James' contract extensions was announced that claimed we'd let Blackett, James, Will Keane, Tom Thorpe and Pereira go in the summer as their contract expires.

I think Will Keane has 1 or 2 more years on his contract, while i'm not sure what's gonna happen with Thorpe and looks like Periera is going the Pogba route.

That article also claimed LvG would fast track Alex Tuanzebe to the first team next season.
We certain not "letting Pereira go" though as we offered contract extension to him.The Thorpe news is basically just 2+2=4.

Sid234

We certain not "letting Pereira go" though as we offered contract extension to him.The Thorpe news is basically just 2+2=4.
I expect he'll reject our contract offer and sign with Juve.. My main point was that the press are very unreliable when it comes to any transfer news, even the M.E.N who you'd expect to have a few decent sources and not coms up with absolute rubbish

Acole9

Outstanding
This one went under the radar a little bit. Well done to the lad hopefully he can push on and try nail down a place in the first team squad.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Huddersfield Town has today completed the signing of Manchester United defender Reece James on an Emergency Loan until the end of the 2014/15 season.

Huddersfield Town Manager Chris Powell commented:

“It’s fantastic news for the Club that we’ve been able to secure Reece’s services for the rest of the season.

“He excelled in a loan period in the Championship earlier this season and he possesses the quality that we need to cover for the unfortunate recent loss of Jack Robinson to injury. Once Jack was ruled out for the season, we’ve stepped up our search for a left back and the Board of Directors didn’t hesitate in backing me in the market.

“Reece is comfortable at left back or in a more advanced wing back role, which suits our style perfectly. It’s great that we have completed the move early in the international break too, as it will give him time to bed in with his new teammates ahead of our game at Sheffield Wednesday.”

Sid234

Great news! Hope he does well there, would be perfect push to a PL loan next season if he can do well there

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Was very impressed with him in pre-season. Hope he does well enough to be part of the first team next season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Apparently gave an interview after the match today and said he'd be happy to stay at Huddersfield next season on loan if we allow it. I hope we don't sell him because he is a bit older, really smart player, seems like van Gaal type of player too imo.

khoazany

Apparently gave an interview after the match today and said he'd be happy to stay at Huddersfield next season on loan if we allow it. I hope we don't sell him because he is a bit older, really smart player, seems like van Gaal type of player too imo.
The funny thing is Town fans apparently have been impressed by, aside from his corners, his pace and attacking contribution which is exactly what he was criticised after the MK Dons match.Don't think another season in the Championship will benefit him much though.Would love for him to show what he is made of in the pre-season, didn't have a lot of luck this season in terms of timing for injuries.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Would have loved him to have been available against Chelsea, think he would have acquitted himself well in midfield.

Sid234

If the Coentrao rumors are true, hard to see him get a chance next season.. He might get a loan to a lower PL team if he keeps playing so well at Huddersfield

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Yeah I hope he wasn't included due to injury out of anything else.Not travelled with the U21s for their pre-season as well.
You're probably right. Another year, another loan, i suppose. Can't see him getting many games with both Blind and Rojo being able to cover for Shaw. It's just rumours but Huddersfield allegedly want him back on loan with QPR and Fulham possible destinations. If he can get first team football at the latter two, or Huddersfield even, it would be good for his development.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Might be at the age/stage where we should consider selling. Should have a good career.

ThanksBoss26

I think I saw his name on the Under 21 teamsheet against Rochdale on Saturday so must've been left out the tour.

I expect he'll head on loan or permanently to the Championship before the season starts and have a decent career at that level.

khoazany

I think I saw his name on the Under 21 teamsheet against Rochdale on Saturday so must've been left out the tour.

I expect he'll head on loan or permanently to the Championship before the season starts and have a decent career at that level.
He wasn't on the teamsheet on the U21's first pre-season game.I'd imagine he has just come back from an injury.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's better than the championship. Would be very surprised if he didn't eventually make it to the prem. Better than his brother in my view.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's better than the championship. Would be very surprised if he didn't eventually make it to the prem. Better than his brother in my view.
I reckon Matty shades it ability-wise but Reece is quicker. All in all, not much between 'em.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Sold to Wigan on 3 year deal for an undisclosed fee from manutd.com.

Good luck Reece. Should do well there.

FromTheBench

Was obvious he wasn't gonna make it at United, but still would have a decent career.

Good luck to him.

kundalini

Not sure he ever had enough skill to compensate for his lack of height, either at full-back or as a holding midfielder, at PL level. Decent player but needed a little bit more quality in the final third if he was to be Shaw's back-up. This time last year it seemed possible then he disappointed in the match before the start of last season and in the MK Dons game.

Just noticed Wigan are League 1. Surprised he's not got a Championship club. Perhaps the 3 year deal had something to do with it.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hope to see him back in the Premier League soon. Really classy player who just isn't quite good enough for the top level. I expect him to make a great career for himself like his brother. One of my favourite players, wish I got his shirt last season. Quite surprised to see him going to a league 1 club although I guess Wigan are a big enough club to bounce right back. The Huddersfield fans loved him and he was linked with over half the Championship so its a bit odd he went for Wigan.