Reece James

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Talk about knee jerk!

I don't disagree that he was at fault for a goal or that he didn't excel...but then no one did!

It was his first competitive start, in an unfamiliar role, in an unfamiliar system, surrounded by a lot of other poor performers. What do people expect?

Shit...if every time someone has a bad game or is at fault for a goal the answer is "let's send him on loan"...we won't have any players left.

Just let things take their natural course...if he is good enough for United then it will work itself out.

Sid234

Good to see him back. Unlikely to get any 1st team games though with Shaw, Rojo and Young ahead of him for either the WB or FB position, hopefully we loan him out

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Doesn't come across as a super talent, but is technically and tactically sound I think. I can see a player like Daley Blind as a sort of template he could aim for.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like watching him play. Very clever and very agile player. Reckon he'll make a handy defensive mid in the future.

Brightonian

Hopefully that means Shaw's injury isn't so bad.......otherwise i'm a bit surprised about this loan deal
Pretty sure this has been in the works from well before Shaw was injured, and if they'd decided a loan was the best thing for him they'd be unlikely to make a snap-decision to cancel it just so he could fill in for a few games. They always take the long view with youngsters.

Sid234

Good move for him, needs some first team football to kick on and get better. Plus we have Rojo, Blackett and Young to cover at LB if Shaw is out for a bit longer.

Sid234

James played 90 mins for Rotherham on the weekend vs Blackpool, seems to have had a good game too

Brightonian

Great news. I'd love to see him as back-up (and competition) for Shaw in the future, and I think he has the ability. Vital that he keeps impressing if he wants to get the chance.

jb8521

According to the mail he's been recalled with a view to selling him

prateik

The loan was till 10th Jan. So him being back is not a surprise.
Apparently Rotherham want him back on loan.

The Mail with their usual bs.. that said, won't be surprised if he was sold.

khoazany

Cause he can't play for more than two clubs in one season and he played for United in League Cup.

Look at Ben Arfa. He played for Newcastle reserves, yet FIFA blocked his move to Nice.
Only applied for foreign clubs I think.Lawrence played for Carlisle,Yeovil and us last season.

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
Only applied for foreign clubs I think.Lawrence played for Carlisle,Yeovil and us last season.
Well, you have a point.

But official regulations are:

3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during
one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play
offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player
moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping
seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to
winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third
club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with
his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the
provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.
4. Under all circumstances, due consideration must be given to the
sporting integrity of the competition. In particular, a player may not
play offi cial matches for more than two clubs competing in the same
national championship or cup during the same season, subject to
stricter individual competition regulations of member associations.
Source www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

page 9

I may be wrong, but I understand only exception is if he was playing for some Russian or Ireland side, which he did not.

Did you just discover us breaking the rules last season? :nervous:

khoazany

Well, you have a point.

But official regulations are:

Source www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

page 9

I may be wrong, but I understand only exception is if he was playing for some Russian or Ireland side, which he did not.

Did you just discover us breaking the rules last season? :nervous:
Don't think it applied for domestic loans there has been numerous cases about players going on loan for 2-3 different clubs over a season and even played for his parent club.

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
Don't think it applied for domestic loans there has been numerous cases about players going on loan for 2-3 different clubs over a season and even played for his parent club.
Yeah, but wasn't Ben Arfa at domestic loan at Hull? Not to mention he only played for Newcastle reserves which aren't even official, yet he was banned for half a season.

khoazany

Yeah, but wasn't Ben Arfa at domestic loan?
If he moved to Nice then it's not "domestic" anymore.That's my guess.Otherwise we would have been banned after playing Michael Keane in the Reserves then sent him on loan to Derby and Blackburn last season and even put him on the bench under Giggs.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Are they classified as youth loans? That may be why it was alright for them. I don't think being a foreign club has to do with it because from what I read Ben Arfa wouldn't be allowed to play for another English club either other than Newcastle or Hull. Weird rule anyway.

m1y2

seen on pictures from training, I think one of him and Pereira will make the bench if Blind's out of the game.. James could do wel in that holding role, he's played there many times and did well..

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Could be the right time to give him a go against Preston, surrounded by more experienced heads. If not Pearson then he is the next best option.

Sid234

Might get a game at DM if LvG wants to give Blind a rest? I'd give him a chance a LB in the Preston game.

Maybe by some miracle, Thorpe might get on the bench even!

kundalini

Is there a difference between extending your contract and signing a new contract ? I'm wondering if extending implies "on the same terms" ?