Refereeing in Liverpool games is embarassing every week | Added videos now to the OP

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A few fair points, but even if every single set of fans seem to believe that, it doesn't mean it can never be true. Some fans thought Barcelona paid refs, happened to be true but it doesn't mean every club accused by fans actually did that. Each club has a different set of circumstance and narratives. It seems United's downfall is something that gets a lot of money generated, so even a small set back the media will surely turn it into a shit storm. This shit storm can be orchestrated by the ref himself, as Clattenburg has admitted happens. These circumstances, narratives and stories gets brought into games and has an affect on fans. Yet, the emotional perception of where the club is headed has nothing to do with critiquing the level of refereeing in the league.

We have done well this season. We've played better football than most teams, for longer periods except City and Arsenal who has been better and some more entertaining like Brighton etc. But we're right up there, and with a few breaks on the refereeing part we could have been very close to top. Not good enough yet, but a more than acceptable season. Yet, here we are being fecked over by refs and now losing top 4 to Liverpool is the talking point. And we're Back to the emotional perception bit, a club in decline etc. No talk of how these decisions push that narrative

I can go into detail. Why do we rarely see replays of our penalty claims when VAR "takes a quick look and deem it not penalty"? You never get to actually see the whole situation zoomed in and replayed on the broadcast, but every time that happens to the team we play, they replay the situation a lot. It's super weird. It's an actual difference in the directing of the broadcast. Same with VAR, they pick and choose what to show and what not to show to affect the game as they please. Maybe it's not always intended like that but that's what happens.
Agreed. Michael Oliver had to fecking apologize to Klopp and Liverpool for his "poor refereeing" because of media pressure. But United were fecked by ref in that FA Cup semi final, and it was brushed under the carpet and not even a single headline talked about it. Not to mention those inconsistent red-cards to Casemiro, where others got away with it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
@Cheimoon yeah these Liverpool fans just disagree. Calling Cantona and the rest just over hyped glam boys and we only won because of the refs is surely not fishing for bites or wumming.
I was our excuse why you were winning and the rest of it which I pointed out was wrong for us to think back in the day which you obviously didn’t read. Try reading before you go crying to the mods like a baby.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I was our excuse why you were winning and the rest of it which I pointed out was wrong for us to think back in the day which you obviously didn’t read. Try reading before you go crying to the mods like a baby.
But you didn’t , you crack on anyway. Most know your game, I couldn’t careless what you write on here

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Imagine this thread if that Lindelof handball was Van Dijk
What we really need is a few factual YouTube videos of this handball.

Followed by some more factual posts about how Klopp has been influencing VAR referees against giving West Ham stonewall penalties because…hang on, I’m confused now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Because they don't agree with you? :lol: Don't forget to ask to thread ban everyone else that thinks you're going way over the top here!
No, because they are trolling. I am not asking to ban people who don't agree with me, don't put words in my mouth.

If you actually read the thread(as you should, as you are staff if this forum, right?) you would realise most of their posts are mocking about United, calling Fergie names, conspiracy theories, past times, absolutely nothing to do with the thread. I think just one single post actually quoted the OP with videos and responded to some incidents, and I am not sure if any of them actually quoted some people and even started any discussion, they just posted childish responses.

Laughing at a thread where basically 8 out of 10 posters posted here agree with the OP is newbie quality of posting too.

@Cheimoon yeah these Liverpool fans just disagree. Calling Cantona and the rest just over hyped glam boys and we only won because of the refs is surely not fishing for bites or wumming.
It's actually amazing response from staff(?) member, he didn't even read the thread.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
No, because they are trolling. I am not asking to ban people who don't agree with me, don't put words in my mouth.

If you actually read the thread(as you should, as you are staff if this forum, right?) you would realise most of their posts are mocking about United, calling Fergie names, conspiracy theories, past times, absolutely nothing to do with the thread. I think just one single post actually quoted the OP with videos and responded to some incidents, and I am not sure if any of them actually quoted some people and even started any discussion, they just posted childish responses.

Laughing at a thread where basically 8 out of 10 posters posted here agree with the OP is newbie quality of posting too.

It's actually amazing response from staff(?) member, he didn't even read the thread.
Well, I did read the thread actually. 8/10 agreement is very far off reality (people commenting on a single incident don't necessarily agree with your full point), and the first to ridicule your overall point where multiple United supporters, including another scout. And they didn't respond to individual incidents either - which is anyway anecdotal and means next to nothing.

Liverpool fans are having more fun with this since it's exactly what they used to say about United previously (and what did you say about Liverpool fans back then?), but you know, you're in the football forum, everyone can reply. And good thing, too, cause if you really think there is a general, conscious attempt among referees to help Liverpool (as your OP implies), then some vigorous pushback is very welcome, from my point of view.

(Also, 'staff' sounds rather grandiose for a scout, and no, 'staff' are not supposed to read everything.)

Herman Toothrot

Way too sensible for this thread. I’m thinking most of the posters on here are too young to have seen 20 years of an old mgr of theirs berating refs and getting what was known as Fergie Time. There is no doubt the PL wanted united to win every game and get every ref decision to go united’s way because it was good for revenue and growing the league with the marquee club . Add in Ferguson to kill refs week in and week out and you have the reason united was so successful way back when and had nothing to do with Cantona; Beckham , Giggs, Cole, Scholes and the rest of the overhyped glam boys.
This was the view of opposition supporters from that time period and it was 20 years of moaning ( me included )so let’s give Liverpool a break, after all it’s only been 5 years of the PL and Liverpool conspiracy not 20 yearts
Bollocks.

Josep Dowling

Way too sensible for this thread. I’m thinking most of the posters on here are too young to have seen 20 years of an old mgr of theirs berating refs and getting what was known as Fergie Time. There is no doubt the PL wanted united to win every game and get every ref decision to go united’s way because it was good for revenue and growing the league with the marquee club . Add in Ferguson to kill refs week in and week out and you have the reason united was so successful way back when and had nothing to do with Cantona; Beckham , Giggs, Cole, Scholes and the rest of the overhyped glam boys.
This was the view of opposition supporters from that time period and it was 20 years of moaning ( me included )so let’s give Liverpool a break, after all it’s only been 5 years of the PL and Liverpool conspiracy not 20 yearts
I’ve seen some shite posts in my time but this really does take the biscuit. I’m sure I saw an article dispelling the Fergie time myth and it was actually Liverpool who were given more extra time in the 90s, just like you spent more in that time period as well. United’s spending power was also another excuse used for United winning so many titles.

The idea that United were given an advantage to boost revenue is actually crazy. If that was the case wouldn’t we still get favourable decisions (which we aren’t)? It’s definitely not to the benefit of the Premier League ‘brand’ for City to win the league by a landslide every season.

RedRocket9908

As someone who supported Man Utd throughout that time I can tell you that this is complete and utter nonsence, the idea that the FA and Premier League favored us for Financial Reasons or any other reason is ludicrus as the FA and Premier League (who were so desperate for City to win the league in 2012 they let them have it on GD instead of holding a mi ey spinning playoff) always had it in for us and always gave our players longer bans and bigger fines for 4offences than players from other clubs.

The myth about Fergie time has been proved false on many as have the ridiculous claims about Howard Webb and referee favoritism.

Hoof the ball

Bollocks.
100%

It would surprise Liverpool fans to know that referees have afforded them more stoppage time and more penalties since the Premier League began.

A very inconvenient truth indeed. As of March 2022 we had the 2nd most penalties given since 92/93, with Liverpool in first place.

Arsenal and Liverpool both given more stoppage time than United since 92/93, with United coming in third.

That should shut down the bullshit pretty quick.

Last edited:

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
and what did you say about Liverpool fans back then?)
Do you seriously compare this thread with their opinions back then?

Most of them were quite serious about Fergie and our board giving brown envelopes to the referees before the games.

Well, I did read the thread actually.

Liverpool fans are having more fun with this
Yeah, you didn't read this thread, or at least didn't read posts from Liverpool fans here.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Do you seriously compare this thread with their opinions back then?

Most of them were quite serious about Fergie and our board giving brown envelopes to the referees before the games.
So what did you mean by this?

"It's not even funny anymore, it's quite obvious they are being pushed by referees week after week, and it's been happening whenever I have watched them this season. It's not a coincidence anymore."

For the bolded bit: what is it then? The refs do it out of collective fandom? Collective fear of Klopp?

Also, you can't generalize Liverpool fans just like you can't generalize United fans. The Liverpool fans on here may never have believed in corruption, just as some United fans probably do.
Yeah, you didn't read this thread, or at least didn't read posts from Liverpool fans here.
I just said I did. So I'm lying or what are you suggesting? (Just so I understand what kind of conversation we're having here.)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
100%

It would surprise Liverpool fans to know that referees have afforded them more stoppage time and more penalties since the Premier League began.

A very inconvenient truth indeed. As of March 2022 we had the 2nd most penalties given since 92/93, with Liverpool in first place.

Arsenal and Liverpool both given more stoppage time than United since 92/93, with United coming in third.

That should shut down the bullshit pretty quick.
Considering some of the other things that happened during the time the powers that be apparently wanted us to keep winning the league (Rio's ban for missing a test, banning players for league games over sending offs in preseason friendlies, etc) I don't think it would help much. Their feelings care little for the facts.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
So what did you mean by this?

"It's not even funny anymore, it's quite obvious they are being pushed by referees week after week, and it's been happening whenever I have watched them this season. It's not a coincidence anymore."

For the bolded bit: what is it then? The refs do it out of collective fandom? Collective fear of Klopp?

Also, you can't generalize Liverpool fans just like you can't generalize United fans. The Liverpool fans on here may never have believed in corruption, just as some United fans probably do.

I just said I did. So I'm lying or what are you suggesting? (Just so I understand what kind of conversation we're having here.)
How many Liverpool games have you watched this year?

"It's not a coincidence" means that referees are repeatedly giving decisions to Liverpool for whatever the reason. I think it's because Klopp is influencing the referees by criticising them every week, and not because of some conspiracy theory.

If you have seen at least 5 Liverpool games this season I am sure you would agree. The guy literally attacks referees on the pitch and gets away with it, he attacks them after games and nothing comes out of it, Fergie and Wenger who were in PL for decedes were getting bans for stuff that Klopp does few times every game. Mourinho was better than him too and he was getting fines and sideline bans quite often,something that doesn't happen with Klopp despite being the worst out of the lot.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
As someone who supported Man Utd throughout that time I can tell you that this is complete and utter nonsence, the idea that the FA and Premier League favored us for Financial Reasons or any other reason is ludicrus as the FA and Premier League (who were so desperate for City to win the league in 2012 they let them have it on GD instead of holding a mi ey spinning playoff) always had it in for us and always gave our players longer bans and bigger fines for 4offences than players from other clubs.

The myth about Fergie time has been proved false on many as have the ridiculous claims about Howard Webb and referee favoritism.
I agree. But that was the perception. We all said it ignoring that you were a great team.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve seen some shite posts in my time but this really does take the biscuit. I’m sure I saw an article dispelling the Fergie time myth and it was actually Liverpool who were given more extra time in the 90s, just like you spent more in that time period as well. United’s spending power was also another excuse used for United winning so many titles.

The idea that United were given an advantage to boost revenue is actually crazy. If that was the case wouldn’t we still get favourable decisions (which we aren’t)? It’s definitely not to the benefit of the Premier League ‘brand’ for City to win the league by a landslide every season.
Read it again. I agree. It was wrong on our part

YikesSchmeics

In a sea of dumb posts, this really stands out. Especially as it is factually incorrect on the counts of penalties awarded and time added on by refs. But you do you.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
How many Liverpool games have you watched this year?

"It's not a coincidence" means that referees are repeatedly giving decisions to Liverpool for whatever the reason. I think it's because Klopp is influencing the referees by criticising them every week, and not because of some conspiracy theory.

If you have seen at least 5 Liverpool games this season I am sure you would agree. The guy literally attacks referees on the pitch and gets away with it, he attacks them after games and nothing comes out of it, Fergie and Wenger who were in PL for decedes were getting bans for stuff that Klopp does few times every game. Mourinho was better than him too and he was getting fines and sideline bans quite often,something that doesn't happen with Klopp despite being the worst out of the lot.
Less than 15% of their matches is the threshold? :lol:

Also, Klopp has already received a ban and is facing another ban for his behavior. You aren't helping your cause here.

Oranges038

After Steven Gerrard lambasted Atkinson in his autobiography in 2015, up to which point Atkinson had a logical record and frequency of decisions for and against the Reds, Atkinson only ever gave Liverpool one big decision in the next seven years, in almost 30 games, before retiring in 2022; and zero at Anfield in his final seven years as a ref, including not giving some clear penalties in the season Liverpool missed out on the title by a single point (such as ignoring Naby Keïta being booted up in the air against Leicester).
All I'm reading here is that Slippy cost Liverpool not one, but two titles.

Excellent stuff.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Are people who doubt this even watching their games?

Two possible offsides and VAR gives them both in Liverpool's favour without even showing the lines. They were finding replays on which it looks like it's onside, but the second goal quite clearly looked off on the right frame, but they will clearly insist on showing the frame before.

SirScholes

Two possible offsides and VAR gives them both in Liverpool's favour without even showing the lines. They were finding replays on which it looks like it's onside, but the second goal quite clearly looked off on the right frame, but they will clearly insist on showing the frame before.
They were both onside
Don’t turn into rawk

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

They were both on.

The second one they drew lines for the wrong pass in the first instance.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
They were both onside
Don’t turn into rawk
First was onside

Second was very obviously offside. They rewinded it to when the assister first touched the ball, rather than when he passed it which made the scorer level

No conspiracy but this shit always happens when Klopp moans about officials and decisions. They’re clearly affected by it

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
And why didn't they show the lines? The second one didn't look onside for me at all, I don't know why you are guys are so certain about that.
They don't always show the lines. They probably drew the line from Evans heal and Jones was within it.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
And why didn't they show the lines? The second one didn't look onside for me at all, I don't know why you are guys are so certain about that.

SirScholes

First was onside

Second was very obviously offside. They rewinded it to when the assister first touched the ball, rather than when he passed it which made the scorer level

No conspiracy but this shit always happens when Klopp moans about officials and decisions. They’re clearly affected by it
No they found the frame where the Liverpool player first made contact, it was a first time pass ?
Evans trailing leg keeps him onside

Chief123

Bloody hell mate. Pure Rawkish post.