Relegation Battle in the Premier League

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think Everton will be safe even if they trying hard not to be. Forest are in freefall and it looks bad for them (cue them winning tomorrow)

Kag

Fair fecks to Bournemouth. They had a go in January and it’s coming off.

Southampton and Leicester look dead and buried. Some big scalps this year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We are really shit. I think we have the best manager of the teams at the bottom but the worst set of players.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Leicester are goners. They left Brendan at the wheel for far too long and then came up with the worst “team” possible for the interim spots. Daft decisions and a sad demise for what was a well-run club.

I watched the Everton game today and I think they, along with Southampton, will be the other team. They looked disorganized, unfit and gave up at half time.

PoTMS

We are really shit. I think we have the best manager of the teams at the bottom but the worst set of players.
You can't have a worse set of players than Bournemouth. Gary O'Neil has played a blinder there.

Mr. Robot

I think Everton will be safe even if they trying hard not to be. Forest are in freefall and it looks bad for them (cue them winning tomorrow)
Everton are that turd which will never flush. They’re crap every season but always just do enough to stay up as there is always 3 teams worse than them.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm curious to hear what's happened to Leicester since the FA Cup win. Is it simply a lack of investment? Poor squad planning or both?.

Looking at their squad it doesn't look like a relegation worthy team but I suspect there's a few players living off their reputations: Vardy, Soyuncu, Castagne, possibly Ndidi.

I also thought them not replacing Kaspar was strange but perhaps it's indicative of much bigger issues at the club.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Southampton, Leicester, Forest

Everton will do just enough to stay up

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton are that turd which will never flush. They’re crap every season but always just do enough to stay up as there is always 3 teams worse than them.
Aside from last season we have finished 12th or above since 03/04 so that’s a myth.

Mr. Robot

Aside from last season we have finished 12th or above since 03/04 so that’s a myth.
Crack open the champagne!

For the money you've spent and the 'size' of your club, one FA Cup in 30 years is embarrassing. Everton doesn't even do us a favour and give Liverpool a game.

What is a myth is that Everton is a huge club. Sick of hearing that from the media, it's rubbish.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

For the money you've spent and the 'size' of your club, one FA Cup in 30 years is embarrassing. Everton doesn't even do us a favour and give Liverpool a game.

What is a myth is that Everton is a huge club. Sick of hearing that from the media, it's rubbish.
Ok :)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

It's looking like those three as it stands. I think Southampton and Leicester are gone, mentally I think they are already down, Forest have a huge amount of injuries, but still seem to battle hard, and they are quite tough to beat at home, and Everton and Leeds are just not picking up any points.
Crystal Palace are suddenly playing well, Wolves are winning again, Bournemouth seem to have found a new zest under O'Neil, West Ham have found a way to win games, so almost certainly, I would say, the relegated teams will come from the current bottom five.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
No it’s not a myth. Your performances are regularly shit and you manage to work yourself up the table at the latter end of a season to make it look respectable. Everyone knows it, even your fans know it and that’s why Goodison is always high up the list of hyper toxic environments, simply because your fans expectations are never grounded with reality.

If anything, this is just proof that a single statistic can “prove” anyone’s point when there’s no context to it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No it’s not a myth. Your performances are regularly shit and you manage to work yourself up the table at the latter end of a season to make it look respectable. Everyone knows it, even your fans know it and that’s why Goodison is always high up the list of hyper toxic environments, simply because your fans expectations are never grounded with reality.

If anything, this is just proof that a single statistic can “prove” anyone’s point when there’s no context to it.
I expect to be a top 10 side and that’s reasonable for the fan base and club size.

You realise under Ancelotti we were in the top 4 over Christmas and we started to move down the table? :wenger:

It’s only in the last two seasons we have been constantly battling relegation and being crap throughout.

I’m not sure where or why this weird narrative has begun but pretty much every season before last we have been 15-20 points or more from the relegation places at the end of the season.

We are definitely crap now and we definitely have been since Benitez started selling everyone who could score and create goals but we don’t need to start making stuff up to argue that.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Is Newcastle a huge club?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Confident for Selhurst next week? Burnley always caused us problems when they came to Selhurst so am expecting a tough game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Confident for Selhurst next week? Burnley always caused us problems when they came to Selhurst so am expecting a tough game.
Definitely not! :lol: It’s hard to see where we are winning games right now.

Mr. Robot

What about Villa or Spuds?

The definitions are always quite fluid because it's more than just one thing - history, fanbase, success, recent or historical, etc.
Villa yes. A European Cup makes you a big club.

Spurs, a big club in London. Nothing more. Arsenal and Chelsea much bigger.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

I think Smith, Terry & Shakespeare will get a tune out of Leicester & keep them up by the smallest of margins. Rodgers was left in charge for too long & the interim managers were awful !! Upper management at the club appear to have lost the plot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Surprised Bournemouth managed to drag themselves out. 2 huge wins and they have 4 games remaining vs teams below. 1 more win really and they're just about safe.

Leicester I'm surprised have really been dragged into it and now look likely for the drop. 1 point in 9 games will do that to you.

West Ham will be fine. Leeds will be fine. It's between Everton and Forest, but it'll be forest for me. Their form is much worse, they get outplayed every game... Think they join Leicester and Southampton.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I refuse to accept a reality where Leicester goes down, after all that’s happened in recent years with them.

I still think they have enough quality across the team to avoid the drop eventually.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Massive wins for Palace, Wolves & Bournemouth.

12) Crystal Palace 31 -9 36
13) Wolves 31 -16 34
14) Bournemouth 31 -28 33
15) West Ham 30 -12 31
16) Leeds 30 -15 29
17) Everton 31 -22 27
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Forest 31 -32 27
19) Leicester 31 -14 25
20) Southampton 31 -29 23

Palace fixtures:

Everton (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Leicester (A)
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
West Ham (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Liverpool (H)
Fulham (A)
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Everton fixtures:
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leicester fixtures:
Wolves (H)
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Southampton fixtures:
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

BorisManUtd

Think Southampton and Forest will go down. Then it's between Leicester, Everton and Leeds for 3rd relegated team. With their remaining fixtures and only 27 points, think it could be Everton.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forest will go down, they're very open and it is going to cost them big time

Acole9

Outstanding
I just saw Forests fixtures, apart from Southampton and possibly Brentford I can't see where they'll get anything.

MegadrivePerson

I just saw Forests fixtures, apart from Southampton and possibly Brentford I can't see where they'll get anything.
Could see Liverpool or Chelsea gifting them some more points!

The Everton vs Leicester match could be a massive win for either team. I saw a stat earlier that said that Everton have only won 3 away games since the beginning of last season!

Looking at Evertons form and remaining fixtures it's difficult to see where they will next pick up points.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
12) Crystal Palace 31 -9 36
13) Wolves 31 -16 34
14) Bournemouth 31 -28 33
15) West Ham 30 -12 31
16) Leeds 31 -20 29
17) Everton 31 -22 27
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Forest 31 -32 27
19) Leicester 31 -14 25
20) Southampton 31 -29 23

Palace fixtures:

Everton (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Leicester (A)
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
West Ham (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Fulham (A)
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Everton fixtures:
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leicester fixtures:
Wolves (H)
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Southampton fixtures:
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

FujiVice

Everton have the odd good result in them every few games. That might be all you need at this stage of the season.

Idxomer

So many rubbish teams, they should increase the relegation spots to 4 or do playoffs for the last spot.

Woodzy

Has the relegation battle been this open in recent times? Saying that Southampton look like they could be fecked.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Leicester have a good run of fixtures upcoming and just need to play Iheanacho every game for 90 minutes and they will be fine. But no... They'll persist with trying to get the Vardy party started again and will probably go down.