Relegation Battle in the Premier League

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Southampton Leeds and forest I think will go down
Southampton & Forest are starting to look like certainties but I think it's a three way between Leicester, Everton & Leeds for the last spot.

SAFMUTD

The only nailed one is Southampton all the others involved are so shit and barely get any points at all so anyone winning a match and they go from 17 to 12.

Forest looks the one with the hardest calendar, having to face Liverpool, Brighton, Brentford, Chelsea and Arsenal from their last 7 games so I think they're pretty much done.

The third one who knows, Leicester hasent been able to get 3 points since God knows when so I wouldn't count them out.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The only nailed one is Southampton all the others involved are so shit and barely get any points at all so anyone winning a match and they go from 17 to 12.

Forest looks the one with the hardest calendar, having to face Liverpool, Brighton, Brentford, Chelsea and Arsenal from their last 7 games so I think they're pretty much done.

The third one who knows, Leicester hasent been able to get 3 points since God knows when so I wouldn't count them out.
Leicester have been horrible lately. The only hope we have is that Dean Smith & his dream team can bring in some motivation & get some wins. The club hung on to Rodgers way too long and didn't have plan B in place

Robertd0803

Massive point for Southampton considering nobody realistically expected them to get anything less than hammered. They are still in a pretty grim position but getting a point at Old Trafford and the Emirates is pretty unexpected. They should take heart from tonight at least even though Arsenal came back for a draw.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Massive point for Southampton considering nobody realistically expected them to get anything less than hammered. They are still in a pretty grim position but getting a point at Old Trafford and the Emirates is pretty unexpected. They should take heart from tonight at least even though Arsenal came back for a draw.
How that match ended will probably mentally speaking take more out of them than what the brave performance gave them. I’m pretty sure the dressing room was devastated after the match.

Yes they probably would’ve taken a draw before kickoff but losing a two goal lead twice and not getting the much needed three points after being 3-1 up after 87 minutes could actually turn out to be a bigger blow than an expected 3-0 loss.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

How that match ended will probably mentally take more out of them than what the brave performance gave them. I’m pretty sure the dressing room was devastated after the match.

Yes they probably would’ve taken a draw before kickoff but losing a two goal lead twice and not getting the much needed three points after being 3-1 up after 87 minutes could actually turn out to be a bigger blow than an expected 3-0 loss.
Yeah good point. I read this and realised its very similar to how the Liverpool result was probably viewed by Arsenal, take the draw before the game but then end up throwing away a 2 goal lead and barely got away with the draw in the end.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah good point. I read this and realised its very similar to how the Liverpool result was probably viewed by Arsenal, take the draw before the game but then end up throwing away a 2 goal lead and barely got away with the draw in the end.
Yeah it’s all about the context. Regarding the Anfield game that was also a bit different in how Arsenal did lose that lead yes, but at the same time Ramsdale saved them with a few world class saves at the end.

Robertd0803

Yeah it’s all about the context. Regarding the Anfield game that was also a bit different in how Arsenal did lose that lead yes, but at the same time Ramsdale saved them with a few world class saves at the end.
Yeah I reckon that save at the end will win save of the season. Unreal stop.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Southampton definitely down now. Think Leicester and Forest will join them.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm hoping Forest stay up. I'm already getting Charlton vibes from them where it feels like a guaranteed 6 points in the bag for us every season.

Rex Banner

I reckon it will be Southampton, Forest and Leeds. I just can't see Leicester going down with the team they have.

top1whoisman

Scout
12) Crystal Palace 32 -9 37
13) Wolves 32 -17 34
14) Bournemouth 31 -28 33
15) West Ham 30 -12 31
16) Leeds 32 -21 29
17) Leicester 32 -13 28
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27
20) Southampton 32 -29 24

Palace fixtures:

Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
West Ham (H)
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Southampton fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

Ace_Ventura

Didn't realize Everton had such a tough schedule still left, they really need to make their home games count because Leicester schedule comparatively is easier and they'll most likely be ok. It's between Everton and Leeds I think with Southampton and Forest going down. Would be thrilled if Southampton somehow managed to avoid the drop. Forest are done with that fixture list anyway.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Youd think leicesters squad can stay up with a formation that puts round pegs in round holes and an averagely inspiring managerial pep talk.

looks like shampton and forest gone, then Leeds or Everton. One cant defend and one cant attack.
I think i favour a goalscoring team to *somehow* defend than for a dour team to remember how to score.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Leeds are absolutely awful and getting hammerings at the wrong time

I think Dyche will pull Everton out of the fire (just)

for me it’s Southampton, Forest, Leeds

top1whoisman

Scout
Despite Bournemouth's trashing defeat, it looks like it's between the bottom 5 to sort it out now.

13) West Ham 31 -8 34
14) Wolves 32 -17 34
15) Bournemouth 32 -32 33
16) Leeds 32 -21 29
17) Leicester 32 -13 28
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27

Palace fixtures:

Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Southampton fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Despite Bournemouth's trashing defeat, it looks like it's between the bottom 5 to sort it out now.

13) West Ham 31 -8 34
14) Wolves 32 -17 34
16) Leeds 32 -21 29
17) Leicester 32 -13 28
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27

Palace fixtures:

Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Liverpool (H)
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Leicester (H)
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Southampton fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)
I think Southampton and Forest are in critical danger and Leicester v Everton will decide the last one.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Southampton and Forest are in critical danger and Leicester v Everton will decide the last one.
Agreed.

The only thing that worries me though is every other team at the bottom is capable of a performance where they score 2 or 3 and batter the opponents on a really good day for their club. A really good day for us is a 1-0 win.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Agreed.

The only thing that worries me though is every other team at the bottom is capable of a performance where they score 2 or 3 and batter the opponents on a really good day for their club. A really good day for us is a 1-0 win.
I want Everton to survive, I have always had a soft spot for them for some weird reason.

Those next four games are tough -

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)

Hard to see points there other than Leicester and it really must be a win.
The other three are all at the business end of the table and need wins too.

Everton surviving will really be a great escape. Im fearful for them with that run of games

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I want Everton to survive, I have always had a soft spot for them for some weird reason.

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)

Everton surviving will really be a great escape. Im fearful for them with that run of games
I think that's the issue, I cant see where we are going to win next compared to other sides. The Fulham game was one where we needed a win to give a little buffer.

BorisManUtd

Some of our fans want to see Leeds relegated and I get it because of the rivalry but we've done well against them since their comeback into PL - 4 wins and 2 draws. Some really fun wins in those 4 as well.

scottser

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)

yeah, out of the bottom 5, i'd like to see everton stay up. and if they can nick points from newcastle, city and brighton, then all the better.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think that's the issue, I cant see where we are going to win next compared to other sides. The Fulham game was one where we needed a win to give a little buffer.
Without trying to jinx anything, I think you'll just scrape it. It seems Leeds are collapsing into freefall at just the wrong time. The Everton Leicester match may end up being meaningless!

Jam

Some of our fans want to see Leeds relegated and I get it because of the rivalry but we've done well against them since their comeback into PL - 4 wins and 2 draws. Some really fun wins in those 4 as well.
I’ll certainly shed no tears over their relegation, and if they get relegated by all means go the whole hog and collapse into ruin with back to back relegations.

But on the other hand, having another rival in the league, and one who we can effectively bully around is nice. These kind of rivalries are good to have around.

The bad side of these rivalries is sometimes form and quality is irrelevant and you can end up dropping points.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I don't want Everton to go down. They're a proper top-flight club, they need to stay in the PL and they shouldn't be in this position. On the other hand, I'll be so happy to see Southampton relegated.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't want Everton to go down. They're a proper top-flight club, they need to stay in the PL and they shouldn't be in this position. On the other hand, I'll be so happy to see Southampton relegated.
you consistently reaffirm your greatness as a person.:)

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester V Leeds
Leicester V Everton
Those 2 games could go a long way to deciding relegation

Hughes35

I think Southampton are more or less gone. I think Forrest will also go.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to goal difference this year, and even maybe goals scored between Everton, Leeds and Leicester.

Leicester have a much better goal difference, so I think one of Everton or Leeds will go unfortunately...... I'd rather it was Bournemouth.

If I was to bet, I'd say Everton win at Goodison on the final day of the season to stay up.

top1whoisman

Scout
Leeds vs Leicester tonight is a huge match for both. A win for either would be a big boost in the fight for survival as Everton can get a maximum of three points from their next four matches, in my opinion. Forest I'd say a maximum of four points from their next five. So a draw would not really help either.

13) West Ham 31 -8 34
14) Wolves 32 -17 34
16) Leeds 32 -21 29
17) Leicester 32 -13 28
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27

Everton fixtures:

Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)

The winner of Wolves vs Palace is more or less safe, although both of them are probably safe already.

Last edited:

Mr. Robot

Please football gods, I don’t ask for much but:

- Don’t let City win the treble, and…

- Relegate those horrible Scouse cnuts Everton. They’ve hung around this league for too long now, bending over for Liverpool year in year out, subjecting us all to that awful Z-Cars song which they share with Watford all whilst pretending they’re a ‘huge club’.

Is this finally the year the turd is flushed?

top1whoisman

Scout
A win for Bournemouth and it becomes pretty obvious that it's between the bottom five. So'ton need a win badly.

12) Crystal Palace 33 -11 37
13) Wolves 33 -15 37
14) West Ham 31 -8 34
16) Leeds 33 -21 30
17) Leicester 33 -13 29
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27

Wed 26 April

Forest vs Brighton