Relegation Battle in the Premier League

Red Star One

A win for Bournemouth and it becomes pretty obvious that it's between the bottom five. So'ton need a win badly.

12) Crystal Palace 33 -11 37
13) Wolves 33 -15 37
14) West Ham 31 -8 34
15) Bournemouth 32 -32 33
16) Leeds 33 -21 30
17) Leicester 33 -13 29
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Everton 32 -22 28
19) Forest 32 -33 27
20) Southampton 32 -29 24

Wed 26 April

Forest vs Brighton
West Ham vs Liverpool

Thu 27 April
Everton vs Newcastle
Southampton vs Bournemouth
A win for Soton tomorrow and they’re back hoping they can stay. Fun games ahead

Oranges038

Southampton are pretty much gone already.

I think the other 2 will be Leicester and Leeds.

Forrest have 3 winnable games coming up, Brighton are after doing 120 mins on Sunday, then Brentford and Southampton. Could very well get 6 or 7 points from those 3. I think they'll stay up.

Everton have a horrible run in, but will probably just about beat Bournemouth on the last day to stay.

Bournemouth, will win against Southampton, enough to keep them away from the drop.

Leicester are shite, Everton will beat them next Monday, they have Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham last 3 games.

Leeds are also shit, and have a shit run in I can see them getting hockeyed by City and Newcastle. Down they go.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Southampton are pretty much gone already.

I think the other 2 will be Leicester and Leeds.

Forest
have 3 winnable games coming up, Brighton are after doing 120 mins on Sunday, then Brentford and Southampton. Could very well get 6 or 7 points from those 3. I think they'll stay up.

Everton have a horrible run in, but will probably just about beat Bournemouth on the last day to stay.

Bournemouth, will win against Southampton, enough to keep them away from the drop.

Leicester are shite, Everton will beat them next Monday, they have Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham last 3 games.

Leeds are also shit, and have a shit run in I can see them getting hockeyed by City and Newcastle. Down they go.
I''d say they have pretty similar type of schedules. All have two games that they can win* and 1-2 games that they can draw.

Leeds fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)*
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)*
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Everton (H)*
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)*

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)*
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)*

Oranges038

I''d say they have pretty similar type of schedules. All have two games that they can win* and 1-2 games that they can draw.

Leeds fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)*
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)*
Spurs (H)

Leicester fixtures:
Everton (H)*
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)*

Forest fixtures:
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)*
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)*
It'll be tight alright.

They all seem to have Newcastle and West Ham.

Bournemouth have Leeds and Southampton next two games, if Leeds is Southampton win those, then maybe they might get dragged in.

Might just be wishful thinking on my part that Leeds and Leicester will go down.

top1whoisman

Scout
It'll be tight alright.

They all seem to have Newcastle and West Ham.

Bournemouth have Leeds and Southampton next two games, if Leeds is Southampton win those, then maybe they might get dragged in.

Might just be wishful thinking on my part that Leeds and Leicester will go down.
It'll be an interesting ending to the season for sure. Don't really know who I want to go down. I mean Leeds would be nice, at the same time Everton is an automatic 6 points for Liverpool so I wouldn't mind them either. Hope Forest & Bournemouth stay up.

redshaw

Still very close to call, Bournemouth were in bottom 3 for a long time but have got themselves out. Leicester and Forest have dropped down a lot.

I did say Palace and West Ham are good enough a while back and that's come true so far but so much can flip around, it's quite incredible still seeing these bigger clubs all down there. Southampton have been the ever present and Everton just can't seem to get clear. Everton could get saved by the queue around them if Forest, Leeds and Leicester continue to unravel.

Oranges038

It'll be an interesting ending to the season for sure. Don't really know who I want to go down. I mean Leeds would be nice, at the same time Everton is an automatic 6 points for Liverpool so I wouldn't mind them either. Hope Forest & Bournemouth stay up.
Same here.

Never liked Leicester or Leeds, don't really care about Everton to be honest. They're always just there and only raise their game for big games, except Liverpool which is fecking weird.

Idxomer

Wasn't that proven to be a myth? They usually draw at Goodison.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surprised you aren't aware of the big game raising Everton that have only beaten United twice since 2015 and always roll over to Liverpool.

Mr. Robot

When is the victory parade? The bottom line is (the following might be an old article but my point stands) - in the Premier League era, the two teams played 28 games before, of which Liverpool won 13, Everton won 2 and the two teams drew 13.

https://m.aiscore.com/head-to-head/soccer-everton-vs-liverpool

Abysmal record. Liverpool has guaranteed points every single season from playing Everton. They need to be relegated, and it needs to happen soon.

I will campaign for it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Chelsea will stay up but they might manage to drag themselves into this conversation by the final day if they stick with Lampard.

Arsenal
Bournemouth
Forest
City
Utd
Newcastle

If they lose to Bournemouth and Forest, it’s on. Another pitch invasion for Lampard as Chelsea secure their Premier League status on the final day of the season with a 0-5 defeat to Newcastle.

Fabio Rochemback

Chelsea are 10 points clear of Leicester, it's just about too much to be a real possibility. If it was 7 it would be interesting.

Oranges038

Huge win for Forrest last night.

Shaping up to be a fun end to the season at the bottom.

astracrazy

Chelsea will stay up but they might manage to drag themselves into this conversation by the final day if they stick with Lampard.

Arsenal
Bournemouth
Forest
City
Utd
Newcastle

If they lose to Bournemouth and Forest, it’s on. Another pitch invasion for Lampard as Chelsea secure their Premier League status on the final day of the season with a 0-5 defeat to Newcastle.
Not the run in you'd want as a Chelsea fan. I suspect it will be the number of games left to play that will save them over form.

Reactions: Cheimoon

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope forest can pull it off, as they’re a big club historically and I like Steve Cooper.

Saints are as good as down. Leicester and Everton joining them would be massive and looking fairly likely.

top1whoisman

Scout
A huge win for Forest yesterday. Everton will not get any points tonight, but Southampton vs Bournemouth match is a big one. Surely the last chance for So'ton. Anything but three points and they're gone.

12) Crystal Palace 33 -11 37
13) Wolves 33 -15 37
14) West Ham 32 -9 34
15) Bournemouth 32 -32 33
16) Leeds 33 -21 30
17) Forest 33 -31 30
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18) Leicester 33 -13 29
19) Everton 32 -22 28
20) Southampton 32 -29 24

Palace fixtures:

West Ham (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)

Wolves fixtures:
Brighton (A)
Villa (H)
United (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

West Ham fixtures:
Palace (A)
City (A)
United (H)
Brentford (A)
Leeds (H)
Leicester (A)

Bournemouth fixtures:
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Chelsea (H)
Palace (A)
United (H)
Everton (A)

Leeds fixtures:
Bournemouth (A)
City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

Forest fixtures:
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leicester fixtures:
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Everton fixtures:
Newcastle (H)
Leicester (A)
Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Southampton fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (A)
Forest (A)
Fulham (H)
Brighton (A)
Liverpool (H)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Beat Leicester, Bournemouth and Wolves and we stay up. Don't think that will happen but that's what needs to be done.

MegadrivePerson

Hope forest can pull it off, as they’re a big club historically and I like Steve Cooper.

Saints are as good as down. Leicester and Everton joining them would be massive and looking fairly likely.
Southampton were unlucky not to win at Arsenal. They've still got a chance but they need to win tonight.

Leeds are nailed on to go down, can't score and can't defend. I don't see where they are picking up points from?

top1whoisman

Scout
Beat Leicester, Bournemouth and Wolves and we stay up. Don't think that will happen but that's what needs to be done.
Yeah that should be enough. And who knows regarding taking a point(s) from either Newcastle or Brighton, or both. You've done it against Arsenal, Chelsea, Brentford & Spurs under Dyche.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Southampton were unlucky not to win at Arsenal. They've still got a chance but they need to win tonight.

Leeds are nailed on to go down, can't score and can't defend. I don't see where they are picking up points from?
That’s Leeds problem really, any of their games could unfold any way possible depending on the day. They could beat City the week after losing to Bournemouth and it genuinely wouldn’t surprise me. I think they’ll do enough.

top1whoisman

Scout

They've beaten Forest, Wolves & So'ton recently so I wouldn't bet against team winning against Bournemouth, West Ham & Spurs. Let's hope not.

MegadrivePerson

Very unlikely as you've only got one away win all season and only three over the last two seasons.

Are you worried that the club might go under if you go down?

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The only certainty for me is Southampton are relegated. If they had beaten Arsenal they'd have stood a chance. But momentum is crucial at this point of the season.

The Firestarter

It's not that often when all relegated teams have been established PL sides for quite a while. Might happen.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
And we need to beat Everton, Fulham & West Ham to stay up. I'm not overly confident but I can but dream !!

caid

I just dont see everton scoring enough to stay up. Feel bad for silentwitness but I think their position is a fair reflection of the team, they're pretty terrible. I think leicester have the best team and if they dont completely feck up with the new manager they'll be ok. Leeds look worse than Forest to me but there's not much in it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If Everton go down and Chelsea lose their remaining fixtures, is that the single worst managerial season in the history of the PL from Frank?

Obviously there are both tough jobs, but I literally don’t think anyone in the game could have done any worse