Renato Sanches joins Bayern

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Omfg woodwood y u do dis?

JohnnyKills

Not good enough for United, some said, but good enough for Bayern?

We fecked up again, it seems.
Another example of the genius of United's management team it seems.

Getting a Director of Football is even more important than a new manager.

JohnnyKills

Once Bayern want a player, nothing he can do unless the player has a personal affiliation for us. Ditto with Real or Barca.
Why is that though?

United are as big as either Real or Barca (a fact Woodward is very quick to highlight in every piece of marketing drivel spewed out by the club).

I get that RM and Barca will always hold more appeal to Spanish and Latin American players, but why are Bayern able to outmuscle us so easily? There's no way they're a bigger club than us globally, yet they're miles ahead of us at the moment and that's solely due to our incompetence.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Once Bayern want a player, nothing he can do unless the player has a personal affiliation for us. Ditto with Real or Barca.
I'd say our dithering allowed Bayern to be in. If we've acted early and closed the deal all this would've been avoided.

Varun

Staff
Why is that though?

United are as big as either Real or Barca (a fact Woodward is very quick to highlight in every piece of marketing drivel spewed out by the club).

I get that RM and Barca will always hold more appeal to Spanish and Latin American players, but why are Bayern able to outmuscle us so easily? There's no way they're a bigger club than us globally, yet they're miles ahead of us at the moment and that's solely due to our incompetence.
Like it not, players are unlikely to give a feck about how many fans we have worldwide or how much profit we make every year as long as another club gives them a bigger chance at trophies and matches the salary on offer. Unless you're a United fan, Bayern Munich vs Manchester United is not a contest atm, harsh reality.

RedStarUnited

Someone dhould probably point out that we never wanted to pay his full release clause price. We were always quoted at the 60m price. Bayern can end up paying he full 80m, and maybe we were not keen on that.

Varun

Staff
I'd say our dithering allowed Bayern to be in. If we've acted early and closed the deal all this would've been avoided.
No way of knowing how long Bayern have been in touch with him. Just because it's not public, it doesn't make it non existent, just a sign of a well run club.

ocprodigy

Just for the "feck Woodward" lovers. Woodward's signings and their prestige at the time;

2014/15:

- Luke Shaw - 18 years old and one of the league's best LBs.
- Angel Di Maria - no comment needed.
- Falcao - no comment needed.
- Herrera - dynamic midfielder we were crying out for.
- Rojo - Argentina's first choice LB at the WC.
- Blind - great versatile player, amazing passer.
- Valdes - injury prone but great free gamble.

2015/16:

- Schneiderlin - rated best CDM in the league.
- Schweinsteger - Germany's captain.
- Darmian - Italy's first choice RB.
- Romero - eh?
- Martial - future potential (and look at what happened next).

Yet you all think he's doing a rubbish job and dithers too much on transfers? I doubt we were even in for Sanches - we get used in the media every year by players/agents/clubs to drive up prices and push deals through. Get used to it.

Reactions: Sultan

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Oh boy. I can't wait to scan the toys out of the pram posts properly at lunch...

JohnnyKills

Like it not, players are unlikely to give a feck about how many fans we have worldwide or how much profit we make every year as long as another club gives them a bigger chance at trophies and matches the salary on offer. Unless you're a United fan, Bayern Munich vs Manchester United is not a contest atm, harsh reality.
You're completely right, but again, why is that? We should be at least as competitive as Bayern internationally (and we were as competitive as them until Ferguson retired).

Over the last three years Bayern have remained strong while we've fallen off a cliff, due to a series of catastrophic decisions regarding the management and playing staff of the club.

Nuts

That's only very recently become the case.

You can see a real philosophy going into their team building, regardless of who is head coach. Douglas, Coman, Sanches - that's going to be a hell of a midfield.

Meanwhile, our 'philosophy'...

ottosec

:lol::lol:

Now watch the "he's shit" brigade change their mind and curse Woodward for not signing him.

stu_1992

Huh. The media would have many on here believe this was a sure thing. Interesting one, didn't ever see Bayern linked too much. Can't say I have too much of an opinion of whether we've missed out or not as I've never seen him in a proper game.

ravi2

so Vidal must be off then? I cant see room for the both of them at Bayern

SoCross

:lol::lol:

Now watch the "he's shit" brigade change their mind and curse Woodward for not signing him.
Came into write exactly this :lol:

"He wasn't good enough for us"
"Bayern bought him, he must be good!"