Renato Sanches joins Bayern

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He should have came here.
Nah mate. He should have stayed another year at Benfica like i always said. Now he isn't playing, isn't gaining more game time experience, he isn't evolving like he was last year. If he stayed at Benfica, he would have played the vast majority of their games in the league and Champions League. He would have probably cemented his place on our national team as well. I warned (and most fans on Benfica fans at their board tbf) that he had plenty of flaws in his game and it was too soon for him to move to a club like United or Bayern. He still has alot of potencial but i feel like this was a lost year. Bayern should loan him next year for game time, experience and to see how he evolves in a less demanding, less pressure enviroment.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Mourinho openly criticized Bayern for not giving him enough playing time. Do you guys reckon we might go for him this summer?
I think Bayern would definitely consider selling him if they received a similar offer to what they paid for him.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Alonso, Vidal, Thiago are just better. His biggest problem is Vidal, they are a bit similar types. He needs to be patient, still needs to adapt, but he is talented and has shown it last season
At this point you can add Kimmich to that list. He already played RB, CB and DM for us, and did all of that on a high level. Sanches played only DM, only a few times, and never well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Nah mate. He should have stayed another year at Benfica like i always said. Now he isn't playing, isn't gaining more game time experience, he isn't evolving like he was last year. If he stayed at Benfica, he would have played the vast majority of their games in the league and Champions League. He would have probably cemented his place on our national team as well. I warned (and most fans on Benfica fans at their board tbf) that he had plenty of flaws in his game and it was too soon for him to move to a club like United or Bayern. He still has alot of potencial but i feel like this was a lost year. Bayern should loan him next year for game time, experience and to see how he evolves in a less demanding, less pressure enviroment.
How's Carvalho coming along? Looked a beast when he was first hyped up, haven't watched him for a while though.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Do you guys reckon we might go for him this summer?
Sure hope not. We need positional awareness, rhythmic passing ability, defensive nous and assuredness to bring the best out of Pogba and Ander - and Renato offers the exact opposite qualities. For the energizer bunny role he would hypothetically play at United in a midfield three, we already have Ander. And if we do upgrade on him, I'd rather we targeted Keïta or Saúl to play as the RCM ahead of a proper 6 with Pogba at LCM.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Even Martial is having a down year after looking like the surest thing and our best outfield player last season. Young players have hiccups and he wasn't going to get too many games at the business end of the season anyways.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Too young, too soon. Is it really that terrible to develop yourself at Benfica for another 2 years?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Reminds me of a less talented Anderson. Never got the hype with him.

TotalFootballOne

Ancelotti is one of the worst when it comes to youth. He's line Mou in this department prefers experiences over anything else.

Blackwidow

I think he does not only have problems on the pitch but off the pitch, too - and I think that is not something that has only to do with youth. He has problems with language etc. The most important thing in your first year abroad is to adapt to the new language and culture. Actually that might be even a lot easier as long you are still young and do not have a family or girl friend at home that speaks your language.

Ancelotti for sure is not youth coach. Van Gaal and Pep - even Heynckes - spend a lot time teaching the young ones and gave them a game plan to follow - Ancelotti does not. Right now I do not even seeing him playing to the players strengths.

Sanches looks like "foreign matter" when he plays in midfield (same actually right now can be told about Douglas Costa) - so it is somehow risky to play him there. But when that is too risky why not give him match time elsewhere like yesterday when Coman went down with an injury.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How's Carvalho coming along? Looked a beast when he was first hyped up, haven't watched him for a while though.
Sry for the late reply mate. Been taking advantage of the glorious portuguese weather on Easter days. I think i gave my opinion about Carvalho in previous threads but i´ll answer you anyways. Carvalho hasn´t evolved the way i expected him to after an incredible year with Leonardo Jardim (now at Mónaco). Under Marco Silva (the Hull manager) and Jorge Jesus he hasn´t showed the brilliant form from his Jardim days. I don't know if it´s something about his motivation of still playing in the portuguese league. He has been pretty average but has also shown a glimpse of his best days against very strong opposition such as playing against France in the Euro final and away against Real Madrid for the Champions League. Those were games that mattered and he was very good there. I think he will leave next year. His agent is Guardiola´s brother, Pere Guardiola. He left Jorge Mendes. It´s time for him to move on to the next level and try to prove himself in a top european league. There have been plenty of rumours regarding a move to City but i think that is just lazy journalism because Guardiola is there.