Renato Sanches joins Bayern

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe we have a different understanding about the term DLP. I should have said “DM” to avoid any confusion. He doesn’t play in this role for us, but he has the skill-set. He was always great in the U-national teams next to Can in precisely this role. He also switched between DM and CM for RB. Quite weird to say that he can’t play in this role to say the least. Thiago on the other side will never be good enough to make this position his own. He is lost, if he can’t make the CM or AM his own.
Playing for the underage NTs and playing for BM are 2 different things. There is a reason why Thiago is our No6 when Alonso is not on the pitch, and not Kimmich.
He simply lacks the passing range to act as such for an elite team. Kimmich's abilities are much better utilized in a B2B role or as a RB, and that is exactly where he gets to play.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I dont know why but every time i watch him all I see is Bebe playing in CM. He's ridiciliously raw

podurban2

No my point is that you're not really in a position to argue over whether he is the real deal if you've barely seen him play are you?! :lol:
I didn't argue, rather I accepted the opposite view. I saw a couple of games, not enough to be sure of anything. I don't know how you gathered I was arguing here if you are not a real stickler.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Renato is not fantastic techincally, but he's more than good enough. He's an intelligent player with a lot of heart and with the right atitude. He'll succeed at Bayern.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
As others have noted, he has been looking better with every minute he played.

Had a good game in the cup against Augsburg (played more than 80 minutes which should be his longest appearance yet), and he looks more settled in and like a part of the team.
That he will take a few more years to develop, and that he will have much weaker phases again during that time, goes without saying.

The only thing I want him to stop doing is throwing his hands in the air whenever he considers himself open for a pass. At Bayern, his teammates notice without him signalling.

m1y2

The next Anderson.
so is he going to get injured every week to totally ruin his career? well despite the runs forward and the appearance he has nowhere close in terms of technical ability to Anderson but he's different animal in terms of physicality

The boy is 19, let him grow, Bayern also knows that they bought a prospect not a complete player, he has all the ability to be great for them...

legball

That's because you don't see potential.
Why are you getting hurt? Since you can see potential, why aren't you managing a club or working as a scout? Lol. I have seen him play & my OPINION of him have been consistent even when we were linked, he is NOTHING special. It is my opinion, that you disagree does not render it invalid.

JoaquinJoaquin

He also has barely 12 months of professional football in his boots so far. Where his ceiling is remains to be seen, we should look at him by the end of the season, and see how much progress he has made.
He did look improved in his last appearences though, so I'm hopeful he turns into a good player for us.
I think he will come good, but it's also obvious that he needs to be given time and not be pressured, and that is the thing I question he might not get at Bayern. If he was at Dortmund for example I would have no worries about him. What he does need to work on massively is his positional sense, as often with Benfica and Portugal NT he would go wondering to where ever he wanted and leave gaps, Something you cannot afford to do against the top teams.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
Renato has it all. Technically, physically, tactically, mindset... He will be a top top player

People should mention and take into account that he was injured during his first months at Bayern. Eventually will catch up with his new teammates

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I think he will come good, but it's also obvious that he needs to be given time and not be pressured, and that is the thing I question he might not get at Bayern. If he was at Dortmund for example I would have no worries about him. What he does need to work on massively is his positional sense, as often with Benfica and Portugal NT he would go wondering to where ever he wanted and leave gaps, Something you cannot afford to do against the top teams.
I wouldn't worry about that. It's quite the opposite, actually. We have a number of top notch players for his position, so we don't need him to hit the ground immediately. Instead, he can learn from Vidal, Alonso, Thiago and Martinez and grow at a healthy pace. Not to mention Carlo is a former WC central midfielder, too.
I think there are few other clubs where the circumstances are as positive for him, as with Bayern. Given the amount of money involved in his transfer, he'd have to face more pressure at Dortmund than with us, without the tutelage of above mentioned colleagues.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why are you getting hurt? Since you can see potential, why aren't you managing a club or working as a scout? Lol. I have seen him play & my OPINION of him have been consistent even when we were linked, he is NOTHING special. It is my opinion, that you disagree does not render it invalid.
Oh. THAT'S exciting. Lol.

Norris

So how has this lad been doing ? Bayern fans with an update please ?

Phil

No reply in a month and a half and "players don't change every two weeks"

Only Redcafe :lol:

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
I did. The last update was well over a month ago. Just wanted to know if he's getting enough game time. :confused:
In the league he's on the bench and only plays a few minutes every other week now but he gets time in cup games. Played the whole game against Atletico for example. I'd say that's easily enough time as he's hardly impressive when he plays.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Just read the thread please. Players don't significantly change every 2 weeks.
When I was really baked once, I imagined you as a German guy with a Cristiano haircut and depilated eyebrows, who inserts an giant dildo in his ass and then frantically browses RedCafe to react against anything German football related.

By which I don't mean I don't appreciate your posts by the way, please keep them coming :lol:

Norris

Sorry :)

He's doing ok.
In the league he's on the bench and only plays a few minutes every other week now but he gets time in cup games. Played the whole game against Atletico for example. I'd say that's easily enough time as he's hardly impressive when he plays.
Thanks.

So pretty much as expected. I love how there is little pressure on him despite his price tag. Contrast this with the likes of Martial last season and there's a world of difference. Or maybe there is pressure, but it's very localized.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Thanks.

So pretty much as expected. I love how there is little pressure on him despite his price tag. Contrast this with the likes of Martial last season and there's a world of difference. Or maybe there is pressure, but it's very localized.
I guess it's much harder to come into a team that's not very stable in itself. Renato's first couple of sub performances actually were pretty poor but, as @2ndTouch has noted, he can rely on the team to balance that, which Martial couldn't.

In general, I just find it hard to draw too many conclusions about players at such a young age. Inconsistency is part of their profile. That's why I don't really think 'updates' about him every few weeks have much meaning. Basically, we'll only know in a few years what he's really about. But so far nothing happened of note, he's something like our 15th player, gets some time and a start every once in a while and is basically ok.

rollingstoned1

It's not hard to see why saying he's the Anderson of a decade after is an easy and lazy comparison. :D

Macern

Pee pee pants
How is he doing?

Edit: 4+6 games with an average rating of 6.31 on whoscored.com. Is he really that shit?

ravi2

How is he doing?

Edit: 4+6 games with an average rating of 6.31 on whoscored.com. Is he really that shit?
When he plays for bayern I don't see anything the special in his play... He is young tho.

The BlackGaijin

LVG knows his young players and he thought this boy was nothing special. I have watched him since the Euros and I think he is massively overrated.

ti vu

Too early to judge. He's not even 20 years old. First season at one of the top teams in the world where competition for playing time is tough. And last but not least, central midfield is an experience demanding position. I don't follow Bayern that much, but the few times I saw them Renato was deployed as wide players than his supposed natural position, so it's hard to just judge him at the moment.