Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

First thing that came to my mind too. Thats not good is it?
As long as he's not made of glass & has a better attitude toward training he'll be exceptional. Anderson had the makings of a very good player somewhere, had he been more professional he'd still be at United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It appears he likes to run with the ball. I'm not sure how much of that Van Gaal would entertain.

NotQuiteManc

Sign him up. Seems like hes got abit of Seedorf about him. I like his agressive running and forward passing.
Yeah, I thought so too. Likes to mix it up, physical, strong running, and skilful too. Not to mention the powerful shots. One poster mentioned Edgar Davids. He seems to have that style too. Mix of both? Sign him up LvG! I guess he knows good player when he sees one, as he has seen them before in Seedorf.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I still think we need to sign a passer in midfield too. Sanchez and Morgan are good, but we could use a dictator. Oliver Torres has been out of the Atleti squad a bit of late, he'd be a great signing.

That said, Andreas could also be this player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I still think we need to sign a passer in midfield too. Sanchez and Morgan are good, but we could use a dictator. Oliver Torres has been out of the Atleti squad a bit of late, he'd be a great signing.

I think with Herrera, Schweinsteiger, (hopefully) Periera and Carrick (for a year), our passing/dictating from midfield might be fine. And Schneiderlin sorts out the tackling midfielder area. We lack a midfielder with skill and pace even more IMO. Someone like what we wanted Anderson to be. Someone like what Toure does for City. The midfielder who can make a driving run from deep and take opposition midfielders/defenders out of the game.

In fact, that's what we lack throughout the team. Players like Martial who pick the ball up and just have time and that ability to lose their man with a bit of class.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think with Herrera, Schweinsteiger, (hopefully) Periera and Carrick (for a year), our passing/dictating from midfield might be fine. And Schneiderlin sorts out the tackling midfielder area. We lack a midfielder with skill and pace even more IMO. Someone like what we wanted Anderson to be. Someone like what Toure does for City. The midfielder who can make a driving run from deep and take opposition midfielders/defenders out of the game.

In fact, that's what we lack throughout the team. Players like Martial who pick the ball up and just have time and that ability to lose their man with a bit of class.
I agree, we need this player, I just think we need both types. But I certainly want an athletic midfielder. I've been saying on here for a little while that Wijnaldum is a dream midfielder for me, and Sanches seems to offer similar qualities.

And I have my doubts with regards to Carrick next season. He's rarely impressed this one. Pereira is one I think who could grow into a Scholes like player though.

Red_toad

As he's on loan at Porto, not being in Atletico's squad is a good thing. No way will they sell him. I'd suspect all the players are going to be near impossible to sign now due to their impending transfer ban.

If the team need a dictator for the middle of the park, no way are they going to bring through a youth player. Experience will count, as it's such a vital role. I don't get why Pereira is the one mentioned for this role? He doesn't have the game for it & are players more suited to playing in those positions for the under 21's.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

As he's on loan at Porto, not being in Atletico's squad is a good thing. No way will they sell him. I'd suspect all the players are going to be near impossible to sign now due to their impending transfer ban.

If the team need a dictator for the middle of the park, no way are they going to bring through a youth player. Experience will count, as it's such a vital role. I don't get why Pereira is the one mentioned for this role? He doesn't have the game for it & are players more suited to playing in those positions for the under 21's.
That was last season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't get why Pereira is the one mentioned for this role? He doesn't have the game for it & are players more suited to playing in those positions for the under 21's.
Andreas certainly has the game to dictate from deep and there is no one in the u21s who come even close to him at doing it.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
I got to say he looks perfect. Whenever we play it looks like there is a big gap between the defence & attack because our midfielders are too quick at joining up with the defence or attack.

He looks like a guy who can stand his ground & take the ball from defence to attack WITHOUT passing the ball. I love that, recently I feel like the last thing we need is another midfielder like carrick who merely passes the ball around. We have enough of that by any means.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Torres is with Atletico actually, although you make a good point with regards to the transfer ban.

I also agree with your point about experience in that role, although every case is different. An experienced top class in that mound may be hard to find, and Torres is not 16 either. He's what, 20 - and on the cusp of potentially becoming a real top player. We could wait 18-24 months to him and he'd still be useful in the meantime.

And Pereira has the ability in my eyes.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The more I see of him the more I think that Bazoer would be the better choice to go for if Louis stays (and all signs suggest he will).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The more I see of him the more I think that Bazoer would be the better choice to go for if Louis stays (and all signs suggest he will).
He's staying 1 more season at best, why sign somebody who's got years and years ahead of him because of a manager who's about to leave?

bugmat

Looks like Ando before he broke his leg and became chubby checker. Sign him up Woody.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He sounds like a Mexican car.

Nickosaur

If we don't pick up one of Tielemans, Bazoer and this bloke, we're fools.

jb8521

Reminds me of Christian Karembeu when he was actually good

ferguson2

How come that he comments Demetri Mitchells Instagram video? Agent Mitchell:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think there's too many unrealistic expectations about an 18 year old player who has about 10 games in the portuguese league. I admit he has alot of potencial but i think he hasn't showed enough for the overhyping he's getting in the media. Gonçalo Guedes was supposed to be the new Ronaldo (although his playing style is completely different) and now he's on the bench and getting plenty of criticism from media and Benfica supporters. You have to give him more time in order for him to prove himself in our league and evolve with constant playing time. Anyways i think he will be a very interesting player in the future for portuguese football.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He looks good from the video!

The only thing, I wonder if he's one of those that looks good for his age because he's already fully physically developed, which means that he's not going to get much better.

Cathy Ferguson

There is a tweet mentioning a buyout clause of nearly £60m. Has this been confirmed? That seems a bit steep for such a young player. I seriuously doubt that we would pay more than 30m plus add ons for this guy.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
There is a tweet mentioning a buyout clause of nearly £60m. Has this been confirmed? That seems a bit steep for such a young player. I seriuously doubt that we would pay more than 30m plus add ons for this guy.
We did it with Martial, so I would not be surprised if we did a similiar deal and strike gold again.

However, I have not heard much about him, so perhaps some of the Portuguese fans on here could enlightened us about him. I usually hear that Ruben Nerves and William Carvalho are some of the brightest prospect in the Primeira Liga and not so much about Sanches(only in the last few months), so I can not say whether he would be put in the same category Martial and worth the fee rumored.

Even if he is as talented as Martial, I still believe the price is ridiculously expensive and we might have started a trend of inflating young players price since we acquired Martial.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
60m! 30m! What the hell, he's barely been playing 6 months in the top level of the Portuguese league. We've made a very, very solid rod for our own backs with the fee we paid for Martial. Who is good, and a rare bright spot in our bleak season, but these fees...just insanity.

When a player like Cabaye goes for a third of that - a player who is already proven and at his peak...I just don't get it. It's like people are more interested in the potential value of a player than their actual, proven value. For every Ronaldo there are a hundred who aren't worth it. We need help today. If we're going to spend anything like >30m on a midfielder, it should be someone who will improve us now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
'A player like Cabaye' - one 'proven' at a flailing Newcastle side and made a nominal impact at PSG? I don't think it'd be wise to spend so much on Sanches as he has played such little competitive football, but I'd much rather see us go for exciting young talents than mediocre mid-table standard PL 'proven' players.

mufcwarm92

Love the look of this lad.

If he's as good as Martial, I really couldn't give a monkeys if he costs us 50m. I'd rather we spent our vast wealth on top footballers than lining Glazer pockets. I always find it absolutely bizarre when people bitch and moan about the Martial fee. He's brilliant, who gives a feck?

Brophs

The One and Only
YouTube videos ain't what they used to be. Before I stopped watching I had seen him absolutely cnut the ball over the bar a few times, receive the ball under little or no pressure a half dozen times and mistime a jump which meant his header became an inadvertent backpass.

So, yeah, it's fair to say I'm excited.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Love the look of this lad.

If he's as good as Martial, I really couldn't give a monkeys if he costs us 50m. I'd rather we spent our vast wealth on top footballers than lining Glazer pockets. I always find it absolutely bizarre when people bitch and moan about the Martial fee. He's brilliant, who gives a feck?
Huge blow to their spending quota to still beat rival fans in blockbuster net spend arguments.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Future

De Gea​

RB Smalling Laporte/Stones Shaw​

Schneiderlin/Renato Herrera​

Mane Griezmann Martial​

Lukaku​

Laporte = 30-35m
Lukaku = minimum of 40m
Renato = 35 minum (Benfica is going to friking milk that price out)
Griezmann = 60 milion
Mane = 25-30

200 milion investment and this squad will write history

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Different impression to this than the Martial vids. You could see something special in Martial, with this kid I see a brute regularly overrunning clumsy no close control dribbles and an inconsistent mess technically. Some stuff almost reminded me of Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.