Renato Sanches

He looked so clumsy on the ball. Sort of effective late in the game with some of his runs yesterday, but he looked like a competition winner too at times. Wouldn't want us going for him at all.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was so, so shit for Swansea. Ali Dia level bad.
He was but I really felt sorry for him. He looked like he didn't want to play football at all anymore. Didn't help that social media basically laughed at everything he did wrong.

simplyared

Certainly there's a player in there. Loved his performance for Portugal the other night. If anyone is doubtful whether he'd work for us, just compare him with Fred who we coughed up 50 m for.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Have noticed him really pinging it about left and right during euros. Seems to be playing with a lot of confidence atm

Bondi77

Fred scores higher on whoscored in a much harder league.
I have seen a report on a player on Whoscored that has said the same player had aerial ability as a strength and heading as a weakness??
Work that one out??

Oranges038

Aside from that thumping shot that hit the post, which reminded me a little of Seedorf.

I saw absolutely nothing from him to yesterday to suggest he's anything more than your run of the mill average midfielder. Moutinho is still Portugal's best central midfielder and he's just about alright for Wolves, this lad isn't even close.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Looks like he's proper turned it around. Kudos to him because he didn't look capable of this when he broke through and was snapped up by Bayern. Looks like a proper player now.

dinostar77

Looks like he's proper turned it around. Kudos to him because he didn't look capable of this when he broke through and was snapped up by Bayern. Looks like a proper player now.
Yeah looks like he will go onto be a formidable midfielder.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I can not deny,

He has been fantastic, and he was immense this game.

He might start to make me a believer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah looks like he will go onto be a formidable midfielder.
Yes. Whatever the hype was, he looks like the player worthy of it now as opposed to when he broke through and just looked like an athlete who could play a bit. He now looks like a very good footballer who happens to be athletic.

Not going to pretend I've followed him (at all) since he left England, but if this is how plays all the time, he'll be off to another giant soon enough.

Perfect box-to-box midfielder for the Premier League.

Covers a stupid amount of ground, impossible to knock off the ball - with maybe the best balance in football, great ball carrier and a developing passer.

He'd be absolutely unbelievable in a midfield 3 with Pogba and a decent holder.

bosskeano

Covers a stupid amount of ground, impossible to knock off the ball - with maybe the best balance in football, great ball carrier and a developing passer.

i think a lot of teams were put off by Sanches and his spell at Swansea where he struggled a bit

laughtersassassin

He was good today but I feel people are really overrating what he did tonight

Would like to see a much better range of passing for one.

Now maybe he has that but didn't show it today or in the cameos he had so far.

Would like to see a much better range of passing for one.

Now maybe he has that but didn't show it today or in the cameos he had so far.
His long passing is developing.

He attepted more long passes than just about any player in Europe, especially when you factor in that Lille are a relatively low possession team in comparison to some of the names ahead of him like Kroos with Madrid. You can see though that he completed them at a pretty middling rate.

The numbers that really stand out though are his passes into the final third and progessive passing. He's become really strong at getting the ball deep from defence and progressing it through the lines with either a run (where he's legitimately world class) or his passing.

He also switches play more than anyone outside Toni Kroos, factoring in possession, and does so at a really high percentage - which is something we've missed since Scholes. Pogba's decent at it too though.

RUCK4444

I was thinking exactly this when watching him this evening.

bakalhau

I can't make sense of this guy.
I don't care to either at this point.

I think he's a super sub and he's fantastic in national final tournaments for us. Actually put Kante into his pocket, and that's not every day...

Also, he's from Amadora city too!! As they say it here, "Amadora represent"!

Drz

His performances off the bench earned him a first team start, and he didn't disappoint.
Let's see if he can keep it up. But always nice to see a young player making strides in fulfilling his potential.
Not easy to stand-out versus that French midfield.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When he's on form he's really good. Different Sanches today compared to the one at Swansea for example...

Could be one of those players who always turns up for his NT.

bosskeano

i could care less about his long passing but more so about his ability to keep the damn ball in the midfield and be better in helping our build up play

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wonder what happened to him to throw him off for a couple of years? He looked genuinely hopeless at Swansea.

RikRuud

He's built his confidence up the last 12 months and its showing. Back to the player he was before Bayern got him.

bosskeano

Let's just see if he stays in the lineup for the next round as i'm not sure if Santos is going to be that open by playing Sancho in the same starting XI alongside Bruno....it could be one or the other