Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs235

When you see how Smalling and Jones performed the other week it's no wonder Southgate is doing all he can to get Rice.

Matt Doherty and Sean Maguire only players out there who look like they can make the step up. Hendrick, Brady and Arter will probably be the midfield 3 but Arter is pants so anyone know if James McCarthy back anytime soon?
Smalling doesn't even make the squad these days and Jones is only on the bench. From what I've heard, Rice looked better at DM for Ireland than he has at CB for West Ham?

Brophs

The One and Only
I, for one, am amazed that having a combustible assistant with the self-control of a toddler with a 7-cans-of-Coke-a-day habit has come back to bite us in the arse.

dbs235

I, for one, am amazed that having a combustible assistant with the self-control of a toddler with a 7-cans-of-Coke-a-day habit has come back to bite us in the arse.
Arter out means only 1 Premier League midfielder in the squad. Although in fairness McCarthy and Brady would normally be in.

Champagne Football

Smalling doesn't even make the squad these days and Jones is only on the bench. From what I've heard, Rice looked better at DM for Ireland than he has at CB for West Ham?
He has been Ireland's best player in the few friendlies he has played. But that doesn't mean much at this point. The likes of Meyler, O'Dowda and Kevin Long have looked good on their debuts before going back to their clubs and not doing much in the club game after. Rice looks a player in the making but Pellegrini under huge pressure so might go for experience over kids

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well that's just brilliant. Luckily, with our depth of talent, we'll probably get away with that one. Roy doesn't seem to be taking the title 'assistant' literally.

Green_Red

It is. And much like John Delaney, not a very funny one.
In fairness to him, he just announced funding for my home town to get a new stadium and training facilities so he has gone up a little bit in my estimation of him. Now he is pond life instead of pond scum.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I declare for England too?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Lack any sort of organization. Poor squad but shouldn’t be this bad. Expected a loss but not a hammering

AaronRedDevil

It's really sad seeing Ireland like this. Before they were capable beating any team in the world. Robbie, Roy, duff ,O'Shea,given, dunne. Now who the bloody hell do we have? We're NEVER gonna have a team half as good as that again are we? Plus none of our irish players are in any quality premier league team. Says a lot.

Zebs

If we're to take any consolation from this, this isn't close to our first team.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If we're to take any consolation from this, this isn't close to our first team.
There's no consolation in that list of players they just listed out. The good ones are only average at best. Like shit you can't use missing Harry Arter as a legitimate excuse.

And who the feck is Shaun Williams and why the feck are we calling up random 31 year olds? This shit is just embarrassing now.

dbs235

Not to discredit Wales too much, but imagine either of these two sides against England?

Zebs

Who's that fella? Well done to him for scoring.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Feck me, the squads decimated, but never expected to be turned over like this.

dbs235

7 of of the 14 Wales players who played tonight were English. 5 of the Irish players were English.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wow think they'll be in the wilderness for a while after that performance. Jon Walters hardly played for eight months and he's still their best striker?!:eek::lol:

Zebs

Wow think they'll be in the wilderness for a while after that performance. Jon Walters hardly played for eight months and he's still their best striker?!:eek::lol:
He isn't, we'd a lot of injuries as well as a stubborn manager who won't give anyone else a chance.

Wayne's World

I know people say you should stick with the manager and that but it really does need a change. It should have happened after that Danish game because the manner we lost was embarrassing and with the recent negative press coming out, It's just a matter of when and not if

But the worst thing is who in the name of god would want to take this job over with the resources we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.