Gaming Retro Video Game Thread

EvilChuck

Did anyone ever play Mario Is Missing? I remember it from my childhood, I bought it unboxed with no manuals or anything at a car boot sale when I was a kid, but none of my friends ever played it or even heard of it. I never finished it, I just remember running around a load of alleys for ages not really doing anything or knowing where I was meant to go either :lol:.

I still play most games in the same fashion :(

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I had USM 98. It let you build your stadium, sort out sponsors, and how much you charge for tickets and hot dogs etc.. and it let you offer and take bribes, and bet on your team to win or lose,

Building the stadium and roads around the ground was the best bit, as was looking at the league tables and results on Teletext. Never managed to make the match fixing work. I always got caught and immediately sacked.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The 1st game I ever recall playing was Contra in old Sega TV video game.

The 1st game in PC, I've become a major fan was original Age of Empires. This lead into a intense RTS years with my favourites being Red Alert 2 & warlords Battlecry 2 followed by Warcraft 2 (think it was 2D).

My other favourite was GTA2 (think this was also 2D) with 3 clans (yakuza etc etc) and kill frenzy. Simply brilliant

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Lambo, do you (or anyone else) know about EPROM programming? I'd like to try and find out some things about it so that maybe someday I can learn how to patch some Super Famicom games with English translation patches. I keep finding more and more games that were only ever released in Japanese and it's annoying.

Dante

Average bang
Does anyone remember Strider on the Megadrive? That was a right arsehole of a game. I played it a about a million times and never completed it. People bemoan save games in modern games, but the truth is it makes gaming a lot more fun because you don't have to repeat the same levels over and over again as you try to get to the end. The soundtrack to level one of Strider is seared into my brain.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Some favourites from the Mega Drive;

Favourites from other consoles that I would love to play again;

Revan

Assumptionman
Some favourites from the Mega Drive;

Favourites from other consoles that I would love to play again;

fecking hell, I remember Aladdin game. I was like 5 years old and it was too difficult to me. Never finished it, amazing game.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
fecking hell, I remember Aladdin game. I was like 5 years old and it was too difficult to me. Never finished it, amazing game.
I don't remember it being that hard on the Amiga. Lion King on the other hand. I went back to that a couple of years ago and still struggled on some bits.

I remember playing a bunch of Simpsons games as a kid and never completing any of them so I'm starting off with Bart's Nightmare. Bart vs the World will be next.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Draconus on 8-bit Atari... Dark fantasy at it's best. Tale of a dragon blood family fighting for ultimate power over the realm. One of not many games about shape-shifting reptilian humanoid as a main hero. Epic game, dopiest soundtrack, ever.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
You have to tune it in. You'll need to find some kind of analogue TV setting and then choose a channel to auto tune it.

I just use my Gamecube scart lead, it's much easier.

Liam147

On Probation
Odd that I see this bumped as soon as I download Theme Park World. What a game that was. Don't remember the helper guy being a jock though.

Sadly, for some reason I can't play the main game/full simulation mode, so technically, it doesn't work. Though I seem to recall having a similar problem before, and it seems other online are too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Dr Dragos Madcap chase was class, I download it about once a year and play it for a good few hours atleast.

Theme Park World? I don't remember that, surely not as awesome as the original theme park or theme hospital.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
You have to tune it in. You'll need to find some kind of analogue TV setting and then choose a channel to auto tune it.

Ay, tried that but not getting anything, ill have to get an adaptor online. Wanted to play F-Zero-X tonight!

RedMist99

Right, I'm going on a really quiet holiday next week so wanna stock up on a few classic games to take away with me on my phone. Any suggestions for what to get. Preferably with straight forward controls for a phone. Was thinking of getting Final Fantasy IV or Super Mario RPG for starters.

Suggestions welcome

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I assume RPGs are most suited to smartphones and unfortunately not platformers or action games, so I'll say...

Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Illusion of Time (Gaia)
Terranigma

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Ah, should have kept them all sealed, might have been worth something in a few years :p

I think in my game, I saved at a point with low ammo and low health, so each time I go to play it again I'm screwed :(

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ah, should have kept them all sealed, might have been worth something in a few years :p

I think in my game, I saved at a point with low ammo and low health, so each time I go to play it again I'm screwed :(
:lol: To be fair, past the early stages they just aren't as hard as I thought. Still, that's gotta suck!

I think they are going for £40-£60 now especially sealed. Doesn't matter to me though, I'll never sell anyway.