Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Everything Em does just seems so effortless. For a guy who started out in the late 90's to still be relevant globally in 2021 - ironically one of Snoops most meme'd sentences fits so perfectly "this mofo don't miss man"

Gazza

Book of Rhymes is disgusting.

He’s working with some great beats since Kamikaze but also taking risks and using different flows even within the same song. Nobody can accuse him of not developing throughout his career.

DoomSlayer

Book of Rhymes is disgusting.

He’s working with some great beats since Kamikaze but also taking risks and using different flows even within the same song. Nobody can accuse him of not developing throughout his career.
Yeah, I'd say it's one of his best tracks ever, actually. That whole Ghost Rider scheme had my mind explode. :eek:

lsd

The Oracle
Absolute legend but his newer stuff is trash in my opinion. Still in the top 10 rappers of all time though.

I thought that until his last couple of albums. He certainly went through a slump but has clearly got back to his best.

TrustInOle

Did anyone listen to the debates on the new app Clubhouse?
Checked the latest one? About should white people be allowed in hip hop? Triggering stuff. 3 parts, here he first.

Mouse has to be one of the least progressive people I have ever heard.

fergieisold

Checked the latest one? About should white people be allowed in hip hop? Triggering stuff. 3 parts, here he first.

3 minutes in and all I hear is a bunch of racists...but they’re black so they’ll get away with it. I’ll listen to the whole thing tomorrow, maybe I’m missing the point.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
3 minutes in and all I hear is a bunch of racists...but they’re black so they’ll get away with it. I’ll listen to the whole thing tomorrow, maybe I’m missing the point.
I hate this. Why can't white people be a part of hip hop culture? Ridiculous. Eminem has done more for hiphop than that waste of space Benzino.

hobbers

'Hip Hop was born out of protest of white supremacy...'

:lol: What an ignorant twat.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
His pre-Encore albums have a special place in my heart and still hold up as excellent hip hop to this day. His new albums I don’t enjoy though. From what I’ve heard the majority of it, while well-written in terms of rhymes, are relatively lacking in substance to be honest. If I wanted smart rhymes with little meaning I would just listen to Canibus.

TrustInOle

One thing I am certain off, I am going to love Em's response to this pile of crap. He'll be hearing everything.

Bosws87

Been terrible for a long time, as soon as he made it and got successful and lost the grit and lifestyle which made him what he is the music went downhill.

This isn't a criticism its just that he was at his best when he was struggling and on the rise.

The latest B side is absolute trash.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Been terrible for a long time, as soon as he made it and got successful and lost the grit and lifestyle which made him what he is the music went downhill.

This isn't a criticism its just that he was at his best when he was struggling and on the rise.

The latest B side is absolute trash.
I see it differently. His first three are absolutely fantastic. Then like most rappers, he ran out things to say and became boring. But I think the media and people bashing Revival bought out a fire in him and he dropped Kamikaze, which was fantastic. His latest is pretty good too on my opinion. You don't see many rappers have a resurgence like that.

Just look at 50 Cent, DMX, The Game etc. Brilliant first few albums, not much after that...

TrustInOle

I see it differently. His first three are absolutely fantastic. Then like most rappers, he ran out things to say and became boring. But I think the media and people bashing Revival bought out a fire in him and he dropped Kamikaze, which was fantastic. His latest is pretty good too on my opinion. You don't see many rappers have a resurgence like that.

Just look at 50 Cent, DMX, The Game etc. Brilliant first few albums, not much after that...
Also, to be honest, he says ALOT on revival about current world and self issues, but was hated on for the production mainly. Wasn't a lane people were used to him being in. But agree with the rest, in my mind, he never really fell off except for relapse.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Also, to be honest, he says ALOT on revival about current world and self issues, but was hated on for the production mainly. Wasn't a lane people were used to him being in. But agree with the rest, in my mind, he never really fell off except for relapse.
Agreed. I think he's really bloody good and people will truly appreciate him once everything is said and done.

hobbers

So long as he keeps away from making any more tracks with Ed Sheeran he'll be okay.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
People call his latest stuff trash :lol:
Yeah. I do wonder if prove even listen to his latest stuff. It's easy (and lazy) to just say the latest stuff is trash based off of a couple of albums he released that weren't great. Kamikaze and MTBMB are really good.

BootsyCollins

:nono: The Game latest album dope as hell, and he is one of the most consistent rappers out there imo, specially when it comes to albums.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
:nono: The Game latest album dope as hell, and he is one of the most consistent rappers out there imo, specially when it comes to albums.
I stopped listening to him a while back. The album's felt long and samey. Is he still name-dropping these days? Which album you talking about though? I'll give it a listen.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I stopped listening to him a while back. The album's felt long and samey. Is he still name-dropping these days? Which album you talking about though? I'll give it a listen.
His latest one didn't get much promotion but it's great, it's called born 2 rap. I agree with the original point though, Game is very consistent.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
So long as he keeps away from making any more tracks with Ed Sheeran he'll be okay.

That could be the problem now. People might look at the features on the album without listening to it and see the likes of Ed and go na it's trash

lsd

The Oracle

50 Cent was never going to last long he just is not a talented rapper. DMX turned to crack that explains his downfall.

Game though is still delivering good albums although overlong at times.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
50 Cent was never going to last long he just is not a talented rapper. DMX turned to crack that explains his downfall.

I personally thought 50 was ok with everything that came prior to massacre. He's not the best lyricist but does have good flow and presence.

For me, DMX and The Game had the same issue, their albums all felt too bloated and very samey.

I may pick up some Game albums soon if people are saying they are still good.

BootsyCollins

Its called ”Born 2 Rap”

And yes, he still name drops all the time:lol:
I actually like the name drops though, since it becomes more ”real” in a way. He talks about people we know of and actually name them.

Anyway, OT.

DoomSlayer

Sorry mate, I forgot to reply earlier for some reason. :lol:

I've seen almost all the Clubhouse debates, it's been fascinating to hear people from the industry and the culture, how they conversate between each other outside of official interviews, podcasts or events.

From my understanding, Mouse Jones is an affiliate of Diddy, I even read somewhere he might be a cousin of his. I personally have my theories that Em has been seriously beefing with Diddy's camp for a while now. The way the media narrative suddenly started changing about Em after Revival is no coincidence, in my opinion. Em got into beefs with a few notable Diddy affiliates after that - MGK, Joe Budden, Charlamagne. Eminem is the first ever mainstream MC, or maybe even not just mainstream, that publicly said the truth about Diddy being responsible for Pac's murder, it was on the Killshot diss track. I know he tried to play it as a joke at the end, but you don't just say things like that to feck around. Jay Electronica took a serious offense to that and threatened Eminem on Twitter, mentioning Proof in the end but then deleted it not long after, which I presume he was talked to about, no doubt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is these conversations, specifically about Eminem, have definitely slowly been fabricated along the last few years. This is more than just debates, this is a lot more sinister and I'm certain it ties to Diddy's effect on the industry. He's been playing chess behind the scenes since the 90s, it's well documented that "the streets" knew who put the hit on 2Pac, yet after all that, Diddy became one of the most powerful individuals in hip hop, if not the most powerful, whilst his rival, his "arch-nemesis" Suge Knight is rotting in jail for life.

The MC Serch stuff was kind of heart-breaking, to be honest. Dude got in his feelings and they took advantage of that, the guy was probably the oldest in the groupchat or room, they showed him total lack of respect and denigrated his life experiences to basically 0, compared to their ones. 3rd Bass was way behind I was even born, but they were right around the start of the genre, their impact is undeniable, MF DOOM was part of the group before taking up the name that we knew him as. I understand a lot of the frustrations of African-American people, but the way things are said and talked about, nothing positive will ever come out of acting like that. I'm absolutely baffled at people like Mouse, who pretend that hip hop used to be as big in the times of Run-DMC as it became after the late 90s and the impact of Eminem (I'm talking worldwide impact, not strictly about the US). Sometimes it feels like small sections of the culture believe that the movement becoming global is a negative, instead of a positive. A lot of Americans, from all different races or ethnicities, don't actually realise how widespread hip hop truly got, because I'd say most countries around the whole planet have some sort of local hip hop music. In Bulgaria, we have our own hip hop history from its' beginning in the 90s, we have our own local legendary MCs or groups, we have old school and new school hip hop. And this is a fact for most countries out there, so just imagine how big and important the culture has been to unite more and more people, whilst also creating an economic space and platform, that has allowed many poor communities to receive chances for progress, a lot of international money has been pumped into the USA economy thanks to hip hop.

I'm kind of rambling at this point, because I can say so much more about this whole topic and it's hard for me to summarise my thoughts. I love hearing these conversations about the culture, hip hop is basically the only musical genre I seriously listen to and grew up on, so I'm just patiently waiting for more things to come out. :D

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I remember after Eminem dropped that Diddy line on Killshot, Diddy said (when asked about it), "I'll deal with it".

Then radio silence. This could be him dealing with it. By staying in the shadows and letting his idiots friends do the work. The man is a fecking eedjit.

Sorry, I'm just bashing him with no evidence he did anything. I just can't stand him :lol:

DoomSlayer

That could be the problem now. People might look at the features on the album without listening to it and see the likes of Ed and go na it's trash
This is the reason why Eminem doesn't do any promotions about his new album releases, he said it in the Shade 45 interview.

50 was amazing, you are being very unfair to him. He never was a pure lyricists, but his shit before Get Rich or Die Tryin and until Curtis was great, at least in my opinion. One of my favourite tracks of all times is Places to Go and Back Down is also one of the best diss tracks ever, in my opinion.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I remember after Eminem dropped that Diddy line on Killshot, Diddy said (when asked about it), "I'll deal with it".

Then radio silence. This could be him dealing with it. By staying in the shadows and letting his idiots friends do the work. The man is a fecking eedjit.

Sorry, I'm just bashing him with no evidence he did anything. I just can't stand him :lol:
He definitely was involved in the Tupac hit, he’s one of the sleaziest of them all.

TrustInOle

Sorry mate, I forgot to reply earlier for some reason. :lol:

I've seen almost all the Clubhouse debates, it's been fascinating to hear people from the industry and the culture, how they conversate between each other outside of official interviews, podcasts or events.

From my understanding, Mouse Jones is an affiliate of Diddy, I even read somewhere he might be a cousin of his. I personally have my theories that Em has been seriously beefing with Diddy's camp for a while now. The way the media narrative suddenly started changing about Em after Revival is no coincidence, in my opinion. Em got into beefs with a few notable Diddy affiliates after that - MGK, Joe Budden, Charlamagne. Eminem is the first ever mainstream MC, or maybe even not just mainstream, that publicly said the truth about Diddy being responsible for Pac's murder, it was on the Killshot diss track. I know he tried to play it as a joke at the end, but you don't just say things like that to feck around. Jay Electronica took a serious offense to that and threatened Eminem on Twitter, mentioning Proof in the end but then deleted it not long after, which I presume he was talked to about, no doubt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is these conversations, specifically about Eminem, have definitely slowly been fabricated along the last few years. This is more than just debates, this is a lot more sinister and I'm certain it ties to Diddy's effect on the industry. He's been playing chess behind the scenes since the 90s, it's well documented that "the streets" knew who put the hit on 2Pac, yet after all that, Diddy became one of the most powerful individuals in hip hop, if not the most powerful, whilst his rival, his "arch-nemesis" Suge Knight is rotting in jail for life.

The MC Serch stuff was kind of heart-breaking, to be honest. Dude got in his feelings and they took advantage of that, the guy was probably the oldest in the groupchat or room, they showed him total lack of respect and denigrated his life experiences to basically 0, compared to their ones. 3rd Bass was way behind I was even born, but they were right around the start of the genre, their impact is undeniable, MF DOOM was part of the group before taking up the name that we knew him as. I understand a lot of the frustrations of African-American people, but the way things are said and talked about, nothing positive will ever come out of acting like that. I'm absolutely baffled at people like Mouse, who pretend that hip hop used to be as big in the times of Run-DMC as it became after the late 90s and the impact of Eminem (I'm talking worldwide impact, not strictly about the US). Sometimes it feels like small sections of the culture believe that the movement becoming global is a negative, instead of a positive. A lot of Americans, from all different races or ethnicities, don't actually realise how widespread hip hop truly got, because I'd say most countries around the whole planet have some sort of local hip hop music. In Bulgaria, we have our own hip hop history from its' beginning in the 90s, we have our own local legendary MCs or groups, we have old school and new school hip hop. And this is a fact for most countries out there, so just imagine how big and important the culture has been to unite more and more people, whilst also creating an economic space and platform, that has allowed many poor communities to receive chances for progress, a lot of international money has been pumped into the USA economy thanks to hip hop.

I'm kind of rambling at this point, because I can say so much more about this whole topic and it's hard for me to summarise my thoughts. I love hearing these conversations about the culture, hip hop is basically the only musical genre I seriously listen to and grew up on, so I'm just patiently waiting for more things to come out. :D
I see what you did there :smirk:

An absolute delight of a reply to. I feel alot of the same sentiment regarding the global impact hip hop has had around the world and to people's lives personally. In my opinion, the art style is the most grounded and relatable music I listen too.

Interesting taking in your thoughts about Diddy, I had similar around the time killshot came out, Em never says anything without reason and the backlash really seemed to hit hardest once Em retaliated toward Charlemagne, Budden and then likes. Joe really surprised me though as Em has publicly, always pushed the slaughterhouse brand as much as he can, emphasised by the recent Album features from the other members, minutes Joe. But saying that, I wasn't aware of his affiliations with Diddy. Would you say Snoop is connected along the way too? Even thought it's well publicised that he has never had time for Shady. Rumours I heard was he was disrespected that Em turned down appearing on his album.

Regarding MC Serch, that was heartbreaking stuff, he showed nothing but respect for the culture, the foundation of the culture and it all went in one ear and out the other, especially regarding the police situation surrounding his children. He was in a lose lose the minute he started to debate. Mouse, I wouldn't take a grain of truth from anything he says, he clearly still lives in a backward view, even tried to call Eminem out on not giving back to the culture, along with Dave Mays, Benzino's best pal! Which was rightly called out by Royce. I am definatley not surprised by his Diddy links then, just adds more to the fact that Diddy is the instigator in all this.

One thing I am certain of, Em hears literally everything and this won't be going unnoticed.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Kamikaze and MTBMB are some of his best work in my opinion. His craft has really become a league of its own.
I prefer his older stuff to be honest. Great rapper obviously.

I thought that until his last couple of albums. He certainly went through a slump but has clearly got back to his best.
It's statements like this that have made him come out of his slump and remind us how great he is.
Don't get me wrong, he is an incredible rapper, I just think his old music is a million times better than his newer stuff. Having him in my top 10 of all time is no discredit to him, I just think others are better overall. His old music is still some of my favourite music to listen to and he is my second favourite rapper, I just think a few others pip him in GOAT category.