Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's not been any good for about 15 years now. Should've gone the Andre3000 route and realised he's got nothing left to sing/rap about.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's not been any good for about 15 years now. Should've gone the Andre3000 route and realised he's got nothing left to sing/rap about.
Eminem Bassoon album dropping 2026.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Im seeing 3k at a festival this summer. Gonna be interesting to see a whole field of people react to his absolute refusal to rap anymore and just watch him play the flute.

I respect the decision, but obviously a small part of me is still hopeful that he’ll give us a little.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Im seeing 3k at a festival this summer. Gonna be interesting to see a whole field of people react to his absolute refusal to rap anymore and just watch him play the flute.

I respect the decision, but obviously a small part of me is still hopeful that he’ll give us a little.
I’d love to sit in a field watching him play the flute.

and B.O.B obviously.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Music to be murdered by album in 2020 was pretty good.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I’d love to sit in a field watching him play the flute.

and B.O.B obviously.
Oh, obviously it’s going to be great. I think he’ll get the Sunday evening set and close the festival main stage.

He’s playing at We Out Here. Assume that’ll be part of a tour.

MiceOnMeth

The Music to be murdered by album in 2020 was pretty good.
Modern Em raps like a robot and is only worried about his bars having double meanings. Technically he's very good but he's a far cry from the hungry, angry Em of the late 90s/early 00s who had something to say while still being funny and making music for the masses.
His last great album was in 2003 (though I am partial to Relapse I love the production and crazy flows on that album)

Bebe

Modern Em raps like a robot and is only worried about his bars having double meanings. Technically he's very good but he's a far cry from the hungry, angry Em of the late 90s/early 00s who had something to say while still being funny and making music for the masses.
His last great album was in 2003 (though I am partial to Relapse I love the production and crazy flows on that album)
I agree it's not the same, and hasn't been for quite awhile - but I thought Kamikaze captured a lot of that spirit.

I'd also rather listen to a witty, robotic Em over 98% of what qualifies as rap in the modern era.

Sweet Square

Pretty much. Tbh I don’t think anyone over 50 can rap without it looking somewhat awful.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You must have missed a few things if you believe he's been crap for 15 years. Some of his recent stuff has been class
Maybe. I stopped listening to him a while ago so obviously won’t have listened to recent stuff. For me it was the whole kind of pitch up he started doing with his voice and doing songs that felt they were there so he could rhyme as many words as possible and say it really fast. That plus he was featuring on every single pop song available. I dunno I just don’t think I can find him cool anymore.

Widow

Maybe. I stopped listening to him a while ago so obviously won’t have listened to recent stuff. For me it was the whole kind of pitch up he started doing with his voice and doing songs that felt they were there so he could rhyme as many words as possible and say it really fast. That plus he was featuring on every single pop song available. I dunno I just don’t think I can find him cool anymore.
Fair enough as there are some generic ones out there but there's also some outstanding work too.

hobbers

Kamikaze is a great little album. Relapse and Revival were the pits. Between the stupid voices and Ed Sheeran duets, christ.

Feels like he ran out of material half a dozen albums ago. His best work was always in Slim Shady persona or getting political, and now he's scared to do either.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just looked at Kamikaze. The plane sign being FU-2 is the kind of thing a teen would find edgy. I just find it a bit weird coming from a 50 year old.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just looked at Kamikaze. The plane sign being FU-2 is the kind of thing a teen would find edgy. I just find it a bit weird coming from a 50 year old.
I think you might be getting old mate, I don't believe teenagers think that is edgy.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Feels like he ran out of material half a dozen albums ago. His best work was always in Slim Shady persona or getting political, and now he's scared to do either.
Imagine being THAT talented and just doing a shitty cipher saying feck Trump. He’s so funny. So skilled. So smart. He could have made a whole album about the guy. Track after track tearing the fat orange blob apart. But nah. A cipher in a car park.

‘Mosh’ was fairly brilliant but came too late to have any political impact. He seems half arsed with it all.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's still better than a lot of the more current rappers. I feel like a I've got older my taste in music has aged with him. I appreciate the art, the technical ability that he's perfected now. I can't really relate to some of the stuff the younger guys talk about anymore. These drill rappers, and previously the mumble rap, was just tedious and, in my opinion, talentless. If you appreciate wordplay and his humour then he's still putting out solid work. As others have said, MTBMB was really good. Kamikaze was well received.

I don't know why though, but I've always had the feeling he's just going to drop one more very good album to finish it all off. Something that will truly cement his legacy as the best, he's still got it in him I think.

AaronRedDevil

I love his music. But man, I'd wish he'd just stop with the fast rapping gimmick. I want to be able to bob along with the songs. Not hear a thousand words a minute and singing about nothing. Songs like Sing for the moment, Lose yourself, Beautiful or even one of his newer songs like Darkness. I don't care what he sings. Just personally, I prefer that type of speed. He's still the GOAT to me so I'll buy his album regardless

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nobody point out the 'Tikcus' thing or you might just tip Solius over the edge...
Oh my god I just realised what it is.

Proper clever stuff, surprised there’s not a middle finger on it as well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love his music. But man, I'd wish he'd just stop with the fast rapping gimmick. I want to be able to bob along with the songs. Not hear a thousand words a minute and singing about nothing. Songs like Sing for the moment, Lose yourself, Beautiful or even one of his newer songs like Darkness. I don't care what he sings. Just personally, I prefer that type of speed. He's still the GOAT to me so I'll buy his album regardless
Yeah I don't get why he's still trying to prove he can rap. We get it, just make some goddamn content