Richard Arnold leaving United

mintyred

He brought in ETH and gave him almost everything he wanted...

*Runs and hides in the bushes.

Bosws87

Rather he stays if him going means that dreadful deal gets in to place.

Revan

Assumptionman
Good. The faster the incompetent people like him, Murtough and ten Hag leave, the better for us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's a huge part of the problem
It’s what the fans wanted at the time. In fact I think Arnold might’ve frequented the caf himself. Most fans on here wanted Ragnick as interim, Ten Hag in the summer and for him to have full control over transfers after years of Woodward interfering. This is what we got.

He even met fans for a pint. The only thing that sours him in my eyes is the greenwood stuff.

Cloud7

Good. I have no idea how good he actually is at his job, but the club isn’t where it should be and isn’t showing clear signs of getting there so I’m perfectly happy going scorched earth and getting rid of everyone who has a part to play in this.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It’s what the fans wanted at the time. In fact I think Arnold might’ve frequented the caf himself. Most fans on here wanted Ragnick as interim, Ten Hag in the summer and for him to have full control over transfers after years of Woodward interfering. This is what we got.

He even met fans for a pint. The only thing that sours him in my eyes is the greenwood stuff.
There was definitely a split. Many on here, myself included, warned that not overhauling the footballing structure and giving a manager full control over transfers would be a disaster and perpetuate our never-ending cycle of mediocrity.

Regardless, his job as CEO isn't to blindly do what the fans want. That's not how you move the club forward.

Redstain

Excellent Murtough to follow, nothing against them personally but both positions take individuals with real conviction and direction.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
*Pops head out the bushes briefly before going back in.

It's what the fans asked for.
See my post up above.

"The fans" aren't a monolithic entity, and even if they were, the CEO's job isn't to blindly do whatever the fans want.

mintyred

See my post up above.

"The fans" aren't a monolithic entity, and even if they were, the CEO's job isn't to blindly do whatever the fans want.
True, but it's what the majority have been screaming about for years. You can't then get mad at the guy for doing what the fans want/the right thing and then claim "Oh don't listen to us" when it's convenient. You don't have a thing to complain about. He brought in a manager that most of us thought would be a good fit and he's backed him. There is nothing wrong with that, but it also doesn't mean it will work. He even gave the football people at the club more control over the football decisions.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wonder what he’ll do for his leaving? Drinks down the pub, no doubt. He’s a pint-wrangler and no mistake.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
True, but it's what the majority have been screaming about for years. You can't then get mad at the guy for doing what the fans want/the right thing and then claim "Oh don't listen to us" when it's convenient. You don't have a thing to complain about. He brought in a manager that most of us thought would be a good fit and he's backed him. There is nothing wrong with that, but it also doesn't mean it will work. He even gave the football people at the club more control over the football decisions.
Even by that twisted logic, I can absolutely complain, because I've never agreed with the approach of indulging managers and allowing them to dictate our transfer strategy.

Brophs

The One and Only
If he goes, I just want to remember him as he lived: telling total strangers in a pub that the Glazers are rock hard.

mu4c_20le

Sounds like Ratcliffe really wants some major changes before the January window

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not a minute too early. He's going before he's pushed, really

laughtersassassin

Goes to show that the people who state Ineos won't have any power are at least somewhat wrong.

If he is coming in and the CEO the Glazers appointed is being removed then clearly he has obtained a significant amount of power.

RedDevil@84

Why does this need a new thread? Bin it into the takeover thread. It is all hypothetical and every journalist is coming up with his own "what if" stories.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sounds like Ratcliffe really wants some major changes before the January window
Ratcliffe can’t do shit until he takes control, how arrogant would it be by demanding changes before he takes over.

If anything this is an indication the minority stake is due to be confirmed and he’s jumping before he’s pushed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chrisy almighty, i’d love to see the venn diagram between football fans and conspiracy theorists and fan fiction, would be almost perfect.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Goes to show that the people who state Ineos won't have any power are at least somewhat wrong.

If he is coming in and the CEO the Glazers appointed is being removed then clearly he has obtained a significant amount of power.
He’s not being removed, he’s jumping before he’s pushed