Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

hobbers

These fans are actively targeting sponsors attempting to get them all to pull out - why would they care what impact this has on our summer budget?
They must care else they wouldn't have spent so much time asking him about why we havent signed anyone yet and how much money we can spend.

GreatDane

How thick do you have to be as a United fan to post a video of the CEO saying how much money we have available to spend.

Like honestly, how thick?
Free pints and fecking our budget, priceless.

mu4c_20le

He will have 100% expected the details to leak out, he's not naive.
People acting like they filmed him in the washroom. Not saying it was right, but like some said, he comes off looking good. Why wouldn't he do it again? He'll just be extra mindful not to say anything off the record.

Blood Mage

United fans going about protest the wrong way yet again. Organise outside the stadium ffs not outside a man's house where his fecking family probably lives.

GazTheLegend

To be fair he's not wrong in a lot of what he says is he. Woodward etc spunked a BILLION pounds on footballers and what did that get us.

hobbers

Anyway, we can debate who the other one is but that's the final nail in the "Jesse Lingard was a good guy who wasn't leaking stuff" coffin.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Fantastic to see the guy recording him. He knew he was going to say positive things and he was allowing the rest of us to see it. Now his popularity will skyrocket.

cyberman

Not on here but there were rumours of Matic being a leak on social media a while back. Apparently built up a relationship with them while in London. If I remember correctly Chelsea’s locker room were leak happy for a long time before Tuchel arrived.

Kopral Jono

In principle and unlike most on here I don't really have a problem with the recording in secret bit for stuff like this (sharing it on Twitter is a little dodgy, however), but I do have a big problem with random fans showing up at a person's house to do a fecking protest. I swear we have some of the worst fans in the world.

Dante

Average bang
There's no way a public figure goes to speak to members of the public in a public place and doesn't expect to have his words recorded and published on the internet in some capacity.

Did the recorder get permission? Probably not expressly. But I'd be surprise if Arnold assumed otherwise. The way the world is, anything that happens of any note is going to get out onto social media eventually.

Still, even if it's not 100% candid, it's a good assessment of what's going on at the club. And it shows the board isn't totally disconnected from the concerns of the fans.

Arnold will benefit massively from this. I've always been willing to have faith in him myself, tbf. But if it gets the rest of the fanbase on board as well, that can only be a good thing.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They must care else they wouldn't have spent so much time asking him about why we havent signed anyone yet and how much money we can spend.
I’m sure some of them do. It’s like this place where you had posters delighted we’d lost a 200m training kit deal and then were moaning about no January signings 6 months later. Anyway, this is the account from one of them arranging the protest outside his house.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not being funny here, I'd genuinely be interested to know exactly what is involved in spending 14 hours per day working on a single transfer.
Barca are probably leaving it till 10:01pm to reply to Murtough's last email and he's only then seeing it at 6:00am the next morning

Rooney24

What kind of low life shit bag do you have to be to show up at someone’s house like this ??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How thick do you have to be as a United fan to post a video of the CEO saying how much money we have available to spend.

Like honestly, how thick?
About as thick as all the tantrum throwers this week saying we're signing nobody.

Officials are in Barcelona right now working on the deal confirmed by the CEO.

mu4c_20le

In principle and unlike most on here I don't really have a problem with the recording in secret bit for stuff like this (sharing it on Twitter is a little dodgy, however), but I do have a big problem with random fans showing up at a person's house to do a fecking protest. I swear we have some of the worst fans in the world.
What I find amazing is how he caught wind of this protest, and stamped it out before it could spark. Even we didn't know about it,and many here are constantly on social media.

caid

Bad form by those filming him. Hopefully he'll benefit from it despite that because he gives a good account of himself.
Theres obvious reasons to be sceptical being an internal promotion but you have to give him some chance before your hounding him at home. Protesting outside his house is just unhinged at this point in time, it kind of is in general but doing it now is just bizarre. Getting him to sit down and talk to you after doing that is him really extending himself way beyond what's reasonable to expect. Secretly filming him on top of that is just kind of scummy and classless.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Does he actually say we have £200m? He doesn’t explicitly say that does he?
That's what's being reported by the below source.

"He said Murtough is working from 6 in the morning til 10 at night trying to get the De Jong deal done. There's £200m for transfers. He wouldn't let any other targets slip."

cyberman

I’m sure some of them do. It’s like this place where you had posters delighted we’d lost a 200m training kit deal and then were moaning about no January signings 6 months later. Anyway, this is the account from one of them arranging the protest outside his house.

Doesn’t have the budget but 200m is quoted everywhere?
Sounds like bullshit to make the glazers look like stingy cnuts (doesn’t have to try hard there) and reinforce the attack sponsors strategy with hyperbole.
In short I think he’s a dickhead

Gurtej

As much as I hate the glazers …. This is fecked up man…..why video tape the guy who took time to talk to fans…. That Low life scum who posted it needs to be put in jail!!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

I read that thread and wow, there are no pleasing some people. He (arnold) said some amazing things and here we are again with the PR talk bollocks.

What was he expecting? To rip the glazers a new arseole? Jesus fecking christ. No wonder we are tarnished with having footballs most whiniest fans.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Doesn’t have the budget but 200m is quoted everywhere?
Sounds like bullshit to make the glazers look like stingy cnuts (doesn’t have to try hard there) and reinforce the attack sponsors strategy with hyperbole.
In short I think he’s a dickhead
Eh? What? Why?

He gave you/us a dose of realism.

stw2022

United fans going about protest the wrong way yet again. Organise outside the stadium ffs not outside a man's house where his fecking family probably lives.
They don’t care yet almost certainly see themselves as the ‘good guys’

clarkydaz

this from the guys twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/Gerry_Deakin
He told it all like a true politician. Waffle, evasivness and PR. He's confirmed the protests are working and relentless pressure and sponsor bashing will only help get rid of the Glazers. So you know what to do, Reds: Bigger and louder.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

That’s a pretty damning thread if true.