Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I almost didn't watch the video because the thread title had me fearing the worst, but I'm glad I did in the end. He came across really well to me, confident, truthful, nothing to hide. Opening up to a group of United fans in the pub is a ballsy move, too.

That said, it's bit shitty to secretly film the guy after he goes out of his way to chat with you and get the beers in. He'll probably be reluctant to engage with fans in the future after this.

mu4c_20le

Massive respect to him for doing that. refreshingly honest and accessible. I think this should be applauded. Already a million times better than that cretin Woodward.
Plot twist: he paid the fan to film him

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
"Murtough is working from 6 in the morning til 10 at night trying to get the De Jong deal done. There's £200m for transfers."

Nice of that to be leaked so Barca can hold out for more :lol:

soapythecat

I know it’s early days, but the way the club are moving forward off the field gives me hope we can return to the top.
He comes across as a top bloke and fair play for him for no this. He didn’t have to, it took a lot of balls, and even if he did it as a PR stunt….it’s worked and is exactly what we wanted to hear.
Made my day this (just not the wanker filming it).

sparx99

Came off well. More than Woodward would ever do.

Didn't really say anything we didn't know but that's to be expected.

Wouldn't say he is exactly confident in our situation. Sounds like without investors the club will struggle going forward
The stupid thing is if they open the fan share scheme properly we’ll bloody invest.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
By filming him, they won’t be afforded such a direct line of communication again. Genius.

Xaviboy

That's it everyone knows we have 200 million to spend. Barca be getting there 100 million now for de Jong

nainaisson

That said, it's bit shitty to secretly film the guy after he goes out of his way to chat with you and get the beers in. He'll probably be reluctant to engage with fans in the future after this.
You can't even pick your nose in public anymore without the expectation that someone will film it and upload it to YouTube. That's just the world we live in now, unfortunately.

predator

Youth NITK
:lol: I read the thread title and saw a few pics with the pints and thought he got filmed drunkenly rambling on.

He deserves credit for being there and facing the music.

ShinjiNinja26

A bit of a shitebag move to film him on the sly. Props to Arnold for buying pints and sitting down and talking to fans and explaining the plans for the club. Would never catch that cnut Woodward doing anything like this.

laughtersassassin

No way Pogba was a leak considering he hates the English press (As he should)

I'm sure Barca are delighted to hear we got 200 mil to spend

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good on him for going to speak to them but those fans have eroded all trust by secretly filming. He’s gone there in good faith and now that’ll probably not happen again.

LordSpud

So the strategy was to act that the budget was small so we werent fleeced. Now every man and his dog knows we've apparently 200m available. Lets be fleeced!!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Its quite scummy to record someone without his consent. I had posted this in FDJ but removed it. These people had went to his home to protest. Lets not give them the attention.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
More importantly, I can't be the only person who thinks he looks abit like Richard Herring ?

hobbers

How thick do you have to be as a United fan to post a video of the CEO saying how much money we have available to spend.

Like honestly, how thick?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does he actually say how much we have to spend in the video? I didn’t hear it?

mu4c_20le

How thick do you have to be as a United fan to post a video of the CEO saying how much money we have available to spend.

Like honestly, how thick?
About as thick as telling the world we can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of ?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You can't even pick your nose in public anymore without the expectation that someone will film it and upload it to YouTube. That's just the world we live in now, unfortunately.
Aye, it is that.

He's be gonna furious when he discovers this little chat has been plastered all over the internet, and rightly so.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Safe to say he will probably never speak to the fans privately again.

cyberman

Imagine being part of something special like this and breaking the man’s trust.