Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Chairman Steve

I think Arnold had a feeling they were going to film him or knew he was being filmed, but he came out of it well.

Kopral Jono

What I find amazing is how he caught wind of this protest, and stamped it out before it could spark. Even we didn't know about it,and many here are constantly on social media.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the club management has a dedicated team that does intel work on social media and online forums.

hobbers

That’s a pretty damning thread if true.
What do you mean if true? It's an incredibly blinkered take from someone clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together knows United's CEO can't come out and slag off the owners and just drum up £1bn for stadium and training ground upgrades out of nowhere.

But there was nothing PR or scripted about anything that we saw in those videos.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Codedly bodied Ed Woodward. Basically said he pissed £1bn away.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Right here, in the first tweet.

Budget doesn't encompass just the playing staff. He literally says in the video there's no budget to upgrade the training ground, there's no budget to upgrade the stadium/build a new stadium AND spend 200M on playing staff. They need investment for ALL of it.

Budget does revolve around more than just players.

So basically people need to lay off the sponsors because he's literally trying to do all of this and you're (People protesting) fecking it all up by attacking the fecking sponsors! WHICH IS WHERE THE FECKING MONEY COMES FROM!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Massive respect to Arnold for doing this. Can you imagine Woodward having the stones to do this with fans at his local pub?

Admittedly his hand might have been forced upon hearing of planned protests at his house, but credit to him for coming out and speaking still.

Refreshingly critical of those above him as well.
Excellent club leadership qualities from Arnold here.

Awful class from the recording supporter. Dont do that you twit.

SAF is the GOAT

Because of these a-holes fans our whole budget is now revealed, Jesus Christ. "Thanks a lot" lads.

To be fair, if it's the kind of information that could have a massively detrimental impact on our transfer dealings, he's at least partly to blame for revealing it to a bunch of indignant drunks in his local.
We always as fans blaming the board for not being open with us or communicate things but when they do this those fans publish it for everyone to see.

I don't think Richard Arnold expected that this conversation will "see light" to everyone. He really looks like he came to this meeting with good intentions and those fans screwed us up.

Last edited:

hobbers

What dose? Unless the 200m figure is made up from thin air? Is there a link to saying he hasn’t the money to make Utd great?
The budget for signings and the costs for building a new training ground and stadium are obviously wildly different things...

He pointed out the obvious that no club in the world can afford to build new stadiums without outside investment or mortgages.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
My inner cynic says he knows this is going to be shared one way or another, especially because the fanbase is already growing frustrated watching the two best teams in the country get better.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Massive respect to Arnold for doing this. Can you imagine Woodward having the stones to do this with fans at his local pub?

Admittedly his hand might have been forced upon hearing of planned protests at his house, but credit to him for coming out and speaking still.

Refreshingly critical of those above him as well.
Woodward spoke to plenty of fans to be honest

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’m sure some of them do. It’s like this place where you had posters delighted we’d lost a 200m training kit deal and then were moaning about no January signings 6 months later. Anyway, this is the account from one of them arranging the protest outside his house.

Reading that you have to question if anything anyone ever does would ever be good enough for some fans. So much distrust.

Wing Attack Plan R

Aye, it is that.

He's be gonna furious when he discovers this little chat has been plastered all over the internet, and rightly so.
On the other hand, everyone commenting on it has said what a stand-up guy he is for meeting them in the first place, so it's been excellent PR for him. Just makes our fans look even worse than usual.

pascell

The guy who's posted the thread seems like all he does in his spare time is read Mike LUHG posts. His opinions are too anti-Glazer, there's no rationale behind them. He's probably a spanner short of a full tool box too, if he's willing to protest at someone's house where the persons family also lives.

Arnold comes across good in the videos after this move and of course he's not going to say too much.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I have no sympathy for “fans” who want to damage our relationship with brands. Even if it result in change of ownership, no decent brand will touch us because toxic fans are fickle as feck and can turn on new owners later down the line.

If by attacking sponsors, these so called fans think they are saving their club then they are delusional. Nobody will touch us if they feel this can damage their brand image

Infestissumam

leaking this to social media is such a shite move, and that one Twitter thread doesn't make it any better. Some fans really think they're oh so important ...

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What? I think you’ve misunderstood here.
It's not damning to anyone but the poster who posted it, he looks like a whiny fan where no matter what anyone says he won't he happy.
Arnold came across really well, and gave the fans some realism.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The guy who's posted the thread seems like all he does in his spare time is read Mike LUHG posts. His opinions are too anti-Glazer, there's no rationale behind them. He's probably a spanner short of a full tool box too, if he's willing to protest at someone's house where the persons family also lives.

Arnold comes across good in the videos after this move and of course he's not going to say too much.
Well yeah hence why I said ‘if true’. We are all going off third-party accounts here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
On the other hand, everyone commenting on it has said what a stand-up guy he is for meeting them in the first place, so it's been excellent PR for him. Just makes our fans look even worse than usual.
He comes across as one of the lads, the antithesis of Mr Disneyland himself, Ed Woodward.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's not damning to anyone but the poster who posted it, he looks like a whiny fan where no matter what anyone says he won't he happy.
Arnold came across really well, and gave the fans some realism.
Then yes, as expected you misunderstood my view. It’s damning in that we’re potentially fecked money wise, that was my point.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Really? I think Arnold lives in the real world personally and anyone who thinks sponsors pulling out wouldn’t have a negative influence on the team lives in a fantasy world. As someone who wants ETH to succeed and is sick of cheering on City to stop Liverpool I hope Adidas don’t withdraw. I also don’t think it increases our chances of being bought at all - as Arnold said why would an investor look to invest billions of pounds in a club where the fans have the power to attack sponsors? What happens if they don’t like the new owners? Will they do it to them too? I’m also completely against protesting outside his house.

hobbers

Why would it be Lee grant?
Maybe because he earns so little it'd actually be a financial incentive?

I think it's easier to believe it's someone who Arnold knows is leaving but hasn't officially gone yet, like Henderson or Bailly.

cyberman

Why would it be Lee grant?
Regular on TalkSport and all of a sudden TalkSport are reliable.
They employ ex footballers and pay them extra for news from their mates still in the sport (allegedly)
It’s why TalkSport understands suddenly has meaning now

Wezzaldo

Does he actually say how much we have to spend in the video? I didn’t hear it?
No he is just describing a scenario of where the price isn’t the main factor but rather does the manager.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Really? I think Arnold lives in the real world personally and anyone who thinks sponsors pulling out wouldn’t have a negative influence on the team lives in a fantasy world. As someone who wants ETH to succeed and is sick of cheering on City to stop Liverpool I hope Adidas don’t withdraw. I also don’t think it increases our chances of being bought at all - as Arnold said why would an investor look to invest billions of pounds in a club where the fans have the power to attack sponsors? What happens if they don’t like the new owners? Will they do it to them too? I’m also completely against protesting outside his house.
I agree with you, you’ve misunderstood.