Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Manchester United want Everton and Brazil forward Richarlison. The 24-year-old has also been linked with Real Madrid, managed by former Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti. (Goal.com)
Dodgy source but worth chatting about. Everton by all accounts are a bit stuck for cash, and he is their best player in my opinion.

I’ve always thought he’d be a good signing for United, can play anywhere across the top including RWF. He’d bring some of the bits we lose from martial potentially leaving but add a good work mentality and added aerial ability

24 is also a good age. I wouldn’t say no to this idea

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think he would be good for you. He'd be better in a Firmino/Jota role at Liverpool.

soapythecat

He works really hard and is Everton’s best player when on song. Judging both players on the last 2 seasons, he would instantly be an upgrade on Rashford due to work rate and commitment on the pitch.
Would cost over £45m I reckon. We don’t have that much for one player this summer when we have a few positions to fill.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He works really hard and is Everton’s best player when on song. Judging both players on the last 2 seasons, he would instantly be an upgrade on Rashford due to work rate and commitment on the pitch.
Would cost over £45m I reckon. We don’t have that much for one player this summer when we have a few positions to fill.
Yes that’s my only negative, how much would he cost? Could we do a deal chucking someone in? Donny?

Lynty

...Would cost over £45m I reckon. We don’t have that much for one player this summer when we have a few positions to fill.
Your dreaming. I think we'll have the usual £150m to spend on a maximum of 4 players. Regardless of outgoings.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't think he would be good for you. He'd be better in a Firmino/Jota role at Liverpool.
To be honest this is something I've been craving for a long time - a false 9 type forward at United.

Not sure if Richarlison is the one but maybe he would be.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
To be honest this is something I've been craving for a long time - a false 9 type forward at United.

Pool's system works, beause Mane and Salah are scoring machines. Our striker is the source for goals, so Richarlison is not the kind of player we should be going for.

El Jefe

Non story. He's average and will probably be one of the most expensive players in the league relative to level of quality.

Revaulx

Loads of people on here are advocating spunking £100m on Rice :houllier:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wouldn't mind him up front here for a bargain fee. Has the work rate and tenacity to press from the front.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

He would suit the pressing system which you seemingly want to put into place as he is consistently one of the best in the league when it comes to forwards / tackles (Top 3 in 17/18 and 18/19, No. 1 in 19/20 and 20/21 - This year he is quite low but he's been injured and we have been rubbish) but I don't think your wingers are the types to chip in with enough goals to compensate for him only getting 10-20 a season if he has a good one. Rashford would but he's off the boil and Sancho seems to suit a true no. 9. Obviously the he who must not be named scumbag would have been perfect for Richy to do his stuff too.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I would be well up for this signing. He's no less proflic that Mane was at Southampton and Everton create feck all. Only concerns would be injury record, but he's the perfect age and the work rate and attitude we're missing from up top.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pool's system works, beause Mane and Salah are scoring machines. Our striker is the source for goals, so Richarlison is not the kind of player we should be going for.
I get that, it's more the things I thought about when players like Greenwood were available or Rashford was on song.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Before this campaign, I would've liked him. Thought he showcased alot of potential but still needed to iron-out a few elements in his game.
His attitude seemed good last year but this season, having watched a few Everton games in passing, seems to have got pretty bad. Abit of a whinger.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve never been that impressed with him really but if we’re stuck for options he could be worth a look on the cheap.

tomaldinho1

Love him as a player and actually feel he’d be good for us centrally - always assumed his price would be way too high though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He wasn't before he went to Pool though, so that criteria doesn't make sense. They have to have a certain profile and they're really not all that disimilar.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Whilst his profile is completely different, he’s very similar to Martial/Rashford in that he’s pretty inconsistent and hasn’t ever had a top tier season in terms of output.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
He’ll be expensive. It’ll be whatever Everton value him at plus the Man United tax on top. Id like him here as he’s a decent player but not for a ludicrous amount.

cj_sparky

I'd rather try and nab young Gordan from Everton.

If we must go for a Premier League Brazilian whose name starts with R. I'd prefer it to be Raphinha.

I don't think Richarlison is any different to Rashford or Martial.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Whilst his profile is completely different, he’s very similar to Martial/Rashford in that he’s pretty inconsistent and hasn’t ever had a top tier season in terms of output.
This is the point though, he'd make our pressing from the front much better and he's not technically poor. He would improve our attack overall, based on how we want to play going forward.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Before this campaign, I would've liked him. Thought he showcased alot of potential but still needed to iron-out a few elements in his game.
His attitude seemed good last year but this season, having watched a few Everton games in passing, seems to have got pretty bad. Abit of a whinger.
He should fit right in then :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s not been great this season, seems to have regressed
He's been injured and he played too much football last year. He played in every game of the Copa America and then every game in the Olympics and he didn't get any time off from us because we were so crap without him that we needed him in the team.

Idxomer

He's ok but nothing special.

He's also one of the league's biggest divers and moans a lot, don't want.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is the point though, he'd make our pressing from the front much better and he's not technically poor. He would improve our attack overall, based on how we want to play going forward.
I agree in principle, but his lack of end product plus his injury issues would limit how hard I would pursue him/how high I would go in terms of transfer fee.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I agree in principle, but his lack of end product plus his injury issues would limit how hard I would pursue him/how high I would go in terms of transfer fee.
Oh for sure, they're not going to get the money they paid for him, but Everton are in a bit of financial trouble and would be more open to negotiation, I feel.

Mainoldo

Great hold up play. Very tenacious and sound footballing ability. Would be a risk but under a good manager you have a 15 goal a season striker who enables the team to perform better.

Wouldn’t judge him currently as his team is rubbish.

Andrew7582

Great hold up play. Very tenacious and sound footballing ability. Would be a risk but under a good manager you have a 15 goal a season striker who enables the team to perform better.

Wouldn’t judge him currently as his team is rubbish.
Richarlison does not have great hold up play at all, you must be confusing him with DCL.

Abraxas

People are saying don't judge him because the team is rubbish.

We'll, we're pretty rubbish ourselves, we don't make life easy for some of our forwards. Also, I think the idea behind spending a lot of money on Richarlison for Everton is that he turns up and does the job. If you're a mid table PL side and happy enough writing off the performances of your key signings it's going to be difficult really isn't it?

It'd be a massive punt. I don't think it's like buying Mane or Jota who were in good form and were just waiting to be bought. Neves is in that sort of position now, Richarlison on the other hand is just a huge gamble on many levels.

mikeyt

On this seasons form, no thanks, on previous seasons (when Everton were half decent) I wouldn't mind him. All about price though. I wouldn't want to be spending more than £30-£35 million and Everton would probably want double that at least.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I hate him, but I'd love him on our team.

Richarlison/Antony would be the cuntiest attackers on either side :lol:. I'd take it.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
We benefited massively from moving from Aubameyang to a B-rate Firminho in Lacazette. Are you saying Rich could play that role? There's obviously a huge difference between how Firminho and Jota play.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Sorry but he is fecking awful. Spends most of his time on the ground. Very little production for the amount free licence he gets. Do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.