Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He always impresses me everytime I watch him. My only worry and those who have seen more of him can say would be whether he has end product

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We benefited massively from moving from Aubameyang to a B-rate Firminho in Lacazette. Are you saying Rich could play that role? There's obviously a huge difference between how Firminho and Jota play.
What I mean by the Firmino / Jota role is that they don't necessarily have to be the top scorer. Yes, they contribute to goals but their overall play and other work in that CF position is what makes the rest of the team click and brings so much to how they click. Richy is at his best when he's playing in a CF role and can get on the ball, dribble, run into the box and get on crosses and loose balls, running into space, hustling the opposition etc.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I haven't watched him play this season, but I've always liked what I've seen from him previously.

I do believe that the best way to rebuild our team is with quite a few good (and if they take the step up to great then so much better), hard-working players for relatively cheap (so no more than about 40m) who can be coached to play in a good system by the next manager. Get that base of the team of solid players, and then later look to improve that with one/two big signings a window. I think Richarlison suits that plan except that Everton would probably want too much for him unless they do get relegated.

RVN1991

Hard pass. His mannerisms alone just make him extremely unlikable.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What I mean by the Firmino / Jota role is that they don't necessarily have to be the top scorer. Yes, they contribute to goals but their overall play and other work in that CF position is what makes the rest of the team click and brings so much to how they click. Richy is at his best when he's playing in a CF role and can get on the ball, dribble, run into the box and get on crosses and loose balls, running into space, hustling the opposition etc.
Which is true, but I think the counter-point would be that by having a player like Richarlison/Firmino playing said role is that you do invite and allow other players to start contributing to those figures. Obviously at Everton it isn't working because you don't have anyone else who can put the ball in the net, but for instance at Arsenal like @ThierryHenry14 references - Lacazette is playing that sort of role which has allowed players like Saka and Smith-Rowe to have their most productive seasons ever. Someone like Auba wouldn't allow that. In the same way someone like Ronaldo tends not to for us.

wire74

Can’t see him playing with RonAldo he’s better down the middle chasing the centre halves down and making a nuisance of himself putting pressure on them .
I can see Bruno playing behind him 2 annoying players for defenders We need forwards who work hard for the team not passengers , we are not good enough for passengers..

NotQuiteManc

I wouldn't mind him, but only as a back-up role, a'la Jota for Liverpool when they already have consistent, working (well), front 3. At the moment, there is a possibility that there would be new front 3. Crazy to think that only a season or 2 ago, the potential front 3 of the 3M's would be the front 3 for the foreseeable future.

Then again, might interesting to see Richarlison and Sancho together in a team, where Richarlison is a very willing runner off the ball (I am not sure if this is accurate but from the highlights I saw, he does more off ball runs than Rashford at the moment) and Sancho as more of a wide playmaker.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Seriously dislike him and find him the single worst diver in the premier league. Undoubtedly talented, but some of the faking of 'head injuries' he does each game are utterly shameful.

Though Bruno is doing his best this season.

Deery

Dreary
I think we could do better, goes long dry spells, misses easy chances, doesn’t always contribute to the team.

He’s decent and probably a slight upgrade on Rashford now but not that interested, 3 years ago I think I would have taken him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Dodgy source but worth chatting about. Everton by all accounts are a bit stuck for cash, and he is their best player in my opinion.

I’ve always thought he’d be a good signing for United, can play anywhere across the top including RWF. He’d bring some of the bits we lose from martial potentially leaving but add a good work mentality and added aerial ability

24 is also a good age. I wouldn’t say no to this idea
I think he'd be a Tevez like signing

FireballXL5

No. A million times no. Can't stand him. Sulks his way through matches, spends about an hour each game rolling around on the floor feigning injury.
He's the Brazilian Andy Carroll. Just stop. No!

Andrew7582

He does he’s just not as big. You must mean winning 50/50’s in the air.
He is not even good with his back to goal, never mind ''great''. It is a weak point in his game when he plays as the striker, as noted by just about every player analysis out there on him.

Mainoldo

He is not even good with his back to goal, never mind ''great''. It is a weak point in his game when he plays as the striker, as noted by just about every player analysis out there on him.
With my own eyes he’s good enough and strong enough. So I don’t know where people are getting this analysis from. Is it the same people that would have Lukaku as a hold up striker.

Yep he looks weak;)

Andrew7582

With my own eyes he’s good enough and strong enough. So I don’t know where people are getting this analysis from. Is it the same people that would have Lukaku as a hold up striker.

''As a result of his more central position, and being deployed as the striker, Richarlison’s role in the build-up and progression of the ball is fairly limited, particularly in structured build-up. Likely due to his relative inexperience in the role, Everton’s second-most expensive signing tends to struggle to be an effective presence in holding the ball up and playing with his back to goal.

He is a lot more comfortable in receiving the ball when out wide, or in a position in space where he can then drive and carry the ball, which is expected of a player who has predominantly played as a wide forward throughout his career.''

Just one of many examples, but continue being wrong if you want.

Deery

Dreary
''As a result of his more central position, and being deployed as the striker, Richarlison’s role in the build-up and progression of the ball is fairly limited, particularly in structured build-up. Likely due to his relative inexperience in the role, Everton’s second-most expensive signing tends to struggle to be an effective presence in holding the ball up and playing with his back to goal.

He is a lot more comfortable in receiving the ball when out wide, or in a position in space where he can then drive and carry the ball, which is expected of a player who has predominantly played as a wide forward throughout his career.''

Who’s Everton’s most expensive signing?

Mainoldo

Well if you was paying attention to the thread you would realise where the majority of people expected him to play his role. But again by all means if your looking for a target man then go create a thread a list DCL and all them man there and we can continue this doggy football.

But when you get a chance see that video I posted and get an idea of how he plays.

Vapor trail

Can't see this happening with no manager at the club. Unless there's a process between the potential manager having some behind close door agreement and the club are making strategic moves ahead of time. But I don't think this is the case.

Every single transfer rumour has to be taken with a pinch of salt no matter how reputable the journalist is.

Gandalf

He is a decent player but as has been mentioned previously he cost Everton 50M and they will at least want their money back and most likely a profit as well and at that price he is not what we need, We have multiple holes in the roster and should not be sinking significant fees into anyone unless they are generational talents which he is not.

Andrew7582

Well if you was paying attention to the thread you would realise where the majority of people expected him to play his role. But again by all means if your looking for a target man then go create a thread a list DCL and all them man there and we can continue this doggy football.

But when you get a chance see that video I posted and get an idea of how he plays.

Others in this thread are talking about him being used in a false 9 role, if that's what you are referring to it's not the same as hold up play. The role of a false 9 is to drop into pockets of space where he can turn and run with the ball before passing or shooting, or to drag defenders out of position for team mates to exploit the space.

Hold up play means holding onto the ball for a period of time while resisting pressure from centre backs or other defenders until support arrives. Dropping into space, turning and running with the ball, or quickly flicking the ball around the corner, which is mostly what Richarlison does in that video, isn't hold up play. The ball isn't being held up.

Mainoldo

Others in this thread are talking about him being used in a false 9 role, if that's what you are referring to it's not the same as hold up play. The role of a false 9 is to drop into pockets of space where he can turn and run with the ball before passing or shooting, or to drag defenders out of position for team mates to exploit the space.

Hold up play means holding onto the ball for a period of time while resisting pressure from centre backs or other defenders until support arrives. Dropping into space, turning and running with the ball, or quickly flicking the ball around the corner, which is mostly what Richarlison does in that video, isn't hold up play. The ball isn't being held up.
Well you’ve answered your own argument then haven’t you.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Its a no for me, he's just not good enough plus his numbers are awful. 11 league goals in 2 seasons!

Dong Fangzhuo

He's an immature thundercnut who doesn't score goals and looks most comfortable on the left. No thanks.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s Rashford #2. Have you guys not watch him before? He also has attitude that he hates being subbed off. I remember he was furious being subbed off by Benitez. Acting like he’s a big deal who done madness in football like Ronaldo.

Thiagoal

I think he’d be a very astute signing for us. He’s got a great mentality, works hard and has a lot of quality. The sort of player that would look much better playing with top quality team mates!

Bondi77

He would make our first team but then again that is hardly an achievement these days.

Mainoldo

No, i've answered your false claim that Richarlison is ''great'' at holding the ball up, he's not.
No he’s great at holding up the ball. It’s just not what he’ll be instructed to do as the whole point of him is to get away from the old school striker tactics.

But again. Maybe stop being ignorant education yourself and watch the video.

Thiagoal

He’s Rashford #2. Have you guys not watch him before? He also has attitude that he hates being subbed off. I remember he was furious being subbed off by Benitez. Acting like he’s a big deal who done madness in football like Ronaldo.
I’d rather that than a player not giving a feck

Mainoldo

That’s what we need. Not like this current pu??ies sulking and snitching to the media. This guy plays like his struggle. Definitely the kind of player we need. Hungry.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s what we need. Not like this current pu??ies sulking and snitching to the media. This guy plays like his struggle. Definitely the kind of player we need. Hungry.
I’d rather that than a player not giving a feck
Have you seen how he was furious? He refused to handshake with Benitez. We have enough uncontrollable players who don’t listen to manager here. Big attitude needs to perform. Shit performance, needs to be humble and listen to coaches and manager.

Mainoldo

Have you seen how he was furious? He refused to handshake with Benitez. We have enough uncontrollable players who don’t listen to manager here. Big attitude needs to perform. Shit performance, needs to be humble and listen to coaches and manager.
GOOD. No more soft belly players.

Theres a big difference.. between these pre Madonna’s than a guy who was upset and also had the nerve to express it live on TV. He’s raised different. Don’t ever get that confused. Ones hunger ones unjustified privilege.

If your stuck just think which reaction would Cantona give. Come on the pitch sulking with his head down or not shaking a man’s hand and let him know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.