Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
GOOD. No more soft belly players.

Theres a big difference.. between these pre Madonna’s than a guy who was upset and also had the nerve to express it live on TV. He’s raised different. Don’t ever get that confused. Ones hunger ones unjustified privilege.

If your stuck just think which reaction would Cantona give. Come on the pitch sulking with his head down or not shaking a man’s hand and let him know about it?
Catona performs, Richarlison doesn’t. I already told you, big attitude needs to perform, they have right to act like this. Shit performance, needs to be humble and listen to coaches and manager. This guy doesn’t perform but average.

Mainoldo

Catona performs, Richarlison doesn’t. I already told you, big attitude needs to perform. Shit performance, needs to be humble and listen to coaches and manager. The guy doesn’t perform but average.
Did he? Did he perform at Marseille? Did he perform when Leeds were happy to get rid of him?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not what you asked me though was it? So you like CR7? So you like crybaby too?

Imagine that.
I love kids. They are also crybaby so yes I like crybaby. I know you are not dumb so please be understandable of what I meant and let’s talk this seriously.

If CR7 is an average player and cry baby like Richarlison, I would hate him because that’s definition of good for nothing.

So let me ask you again do you like cry baby who doesn’t perform?

Mainoldo

I like crybaby, they are likeable as long as they perform. If CR7 is an average player and cry baby like Richarlison, I would hate him because that’s definition of good for nothing.

So let me ask you again do you like cry baby who doesn’t perform?
I mean your a United fan. Unless you’re undercover Evertonian how are you the man that knows if he performs or not?

Do I like players who cry and don’t perform? No I just like players with good temperament and ability.

Couldn’t care about this silly cry baby stuff.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I mean your a United fan. Unless you’re undercover Evertonian how are you the man that knows if he performs or not?

Do I like players who cry and don’t perform? No I just like players with good temperament and ability.

Couldn’t care about this silly cry baby stuff.
Because I have watched him many times in both Brazil and Everton. You haven’t and that’s why you are not on the same page as me. His ability is Rashford level at best and if we want this guy, we could have just stick with Rashford.

Mainoldo

Because I have watched him many times in both Brazil and Everton. You haven’t and that’s why you are not on the same page as me. His ability is Rashford level at best and if we want this guy, we could have just stick with Rashford.
Me too and there’s nothing wrong with Rashford’s ability it’s good enough. He’s just finished as a United player. So makes no difference to me if there the same or not.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah yeah why not. Might even do one better and win a Champions League.
:lol: Cantona was in ballon dor 3rd place and won 4 PL in his 5 seasons here. The only time we didn’t win it because he was banned. We would have win some CL if they didn’t give us that ridiculous foreigner rule. Richarlison :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Me too and there’s nothing wrong with Rashford’s ability it’s good enough. He’s just finished as a United player. So makes no difference to me if there the same or not.
Can’t dribble in tight spot, can’t pass, can’t cross, can;t score. At least Rashford has long shot while Richarlison doesn’t :lol: You like that do you.

C'est Moi Cantona

Much as as I'm not struck on the idea, for all we'd have probably ruined him, I remember not been that keen when LVG wanted Mane either, this seems a similar a sort thing.

I'd rather we bought a player like Richarlison, over a overpaid and injury prone Dembele, or a 'I don't want to be here' Dybala, that's for sure.

Walters_19_MuFc

Never understood the hype, if I'm honest. He works hard, i'll give him that but everytime I watch him, I fail to see what standout attributes he brings to the table. Also, I've actually been more impressed with Gray and Gordan for Everton this season.

hobbers

Depends on price and where he'd be playing.

He's not a goalscorer, he's been as a poor in front of goal as Rashford this season.

What we need more than anything else in the forward positions this summer is a goalscorer who can play as a proper number 9.

Raphinha would be a much better signing for right wing with Sancho on the left.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Couldn’t help it. The conversation was getting weird.
Phew, Thank God you are not being serious. I almost scared to death when you started compare Richarlison to Cantona. I thought some poster has turned into RAWK’s poster.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The hard on for him in here is more than a little odd.

Where on earth would he play?
Cavani is 100% gone this summer. I think Ronaldo will go if he can find some other side to pay him. The club will almost certainly target a younger no.9 whether or not Ronaldo stays, as some of the more reliable journalists have briefed is high up our list of priorities.

Our numbers for attacking players will be very short next season as it stands:

Sancho ; Elanga ; Rashford ; Ronaldo ; Martial

That’s 5 players for 3 spots. Over the course of an entire season isn’t enough. Especially with Ronaldo being 37 and we will quite likely be in the Europa league.

Kag

Cavani is 100% gone this summer. I think Ronaldo will go if he can find some other side to pay him. The club will almost certainly target a younger no.9 whether or not Ronaldo stays, as some of the more reliable journalists have briefed is high up our list of priorities.

Our numbers for attacking players will be very short next season as it stands:

Sancho ; Elanga ; Rashford ; Ronaldo ; Martial

That’s 5 players for 3 spots. Over the course of an entire season isn’t enough. Especially with Ronaldo being 37 and we will quite likely be in the Europa league.
I agree in terms of numbers. We need a striker desperately. But what even is Richarlison and where would he actually play? He isn’t the man I’d want leading the line and the only other position I can recall him playing in is the one where you’d expect to see Martial, Rashford and, currently, Sancho.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree in terms of numbers. We need a striker desperately. But what even is Richarlison and where would he actually play? He isn’t the man I’d want leading the line and the only other position I can recall him playing in is the one where you’d expect to see Martial, Rashford and, currently, Sancho.
I think the issue is that the strikers market seems to be barren outside of Mbappe or Haaland. You’re either talking up decentish but not great forwards like Richarlison, or these young talented kids in lesser leagues who you have no idea how they’ll turn out like Darwin Nunez in Portugal.

It’s tough out there because there doesn’t seem to be any obvious options to buy. Guess being an actual scout is harder than my astute redcafe eye after all.

R'hllor

Hard pass, then again wouldnt be surprised if we are really interested in him, he would fit like a glove in our shit.

Edit: Just noticed, some actually want him signed, the hell

Jonesno.8

Hard pass, then again wouldnt be surprised if we are really interested in him, he would fit like a glove in our shit.

Edit: Just noticed, some actually want him signed, the hell
If I'd been asked this 2 seasons ago I'd have said yes please. Was strong and direct, but hasn't progressed. Shame has a bit of nasty in him, which we miss.

Not the answer though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We are trying to remove the current deadwoods doesn’t mean we should replace them with another deadwoods. :lol:

Andrew7582

No he’s great at holding up the ball. It’s just not what he’ll be instructed to do as the whole point of him is to get away from the old school striker tactics.

But again. Maybe stop being ignorant education yourself and watch the video.
If it's not what he'll be instructed to do here and the point is to move away from old school striker tactics then why did you mention it in your inital post as if it was a plus point for signing him :lol:

Great hold up play. Very tenacious and sound footballing ability. Would be a risk but under a good manager you have a 15 goal a season striker who enables the team to perform better.

This is what some Everton fans think about Richarlison, taken from their main forum:

''We had the best of him and the best results overall when he was playing lw...since whichever manager decided he is a striker he has not been good for us...cant play Central striker, not even second striker. Needs 20 shots really and you might get one goal return...thats not good enough. Cant believe he is back in the brazil squad.''

''Been saying it for 2 seasons. He is awful. Works his tripes out i ll give him that but wouldnt we all. Thats the least we should expect. He cant hold the ball up, he cant control it half the time. His interplay is non existent. He s greedy but hardly ever produces. Deffo back wide for me then goodbye first decent offer.''

''Was never more than a very average PL player. Workrate being his best quality. Less skillfull than Mirallas was. Pointless playing him as a lone target man like today as his hold up play is even worse than DCL. Rondon might well be our best option as a lone striker.''

''I don't know if its just me but I absolutely hate seeing him play as striker. He just does not offer anything other than chasing for balls over the top and both him and we as a team just aren't good at that. He doesn't offer himself anywhere near enough to take the ball with his back to goal or to run the channels or win a header. I've always felt like we got more out of him playing from wide. I know DCL wasn't playing today but even before today he just offers nothing through the middle, feel like his most consistent games have came from out wide. Almost wanna say I'd rather Rondon play upfront instead of him just so he can play anywhere else.''

''Not a striker for me, get him back out on the wing, Gray on the other one and get balls in the box for DCL.''

''He has won a lot of points for us on the wing as he does all of the dirty work plus sometimes pops up with goals out of thin air. He lacks what it takes to be a consistent striker because let’s face it- he can’t stay on his feet some days. His balance forsakes him in certain games and he becomes a headless chicken as well.''

''Does his best work on the left of a front three, so of course, Everton never pick him there under any circumstances. That said, his output has still been pathetic for ages now.''

''Like Richy but as a left sided forward, he is not a number 9 in this league, if we had a decent play maker he may be but the way we play he's not effective and is wasted, he simply can't play with his back to goal.''

If he had ''great holdup play'' you'd think Everton fans who watch him week in week out would have noticed, but they don't think he's good at it either.

This post is my personal favourite:

''It’s not an excuse for him, but Richarlison has clearly suffered from terrible coaching whilst he’s been here. Too many different coaches and he’s now got too many bad habits in his game, which when coupled with his natural moodiness make for a bad combination. Don’t think he’s improved for years now.''

Sounds a lot like Rashford doesn't it :lol:

Last edited:

honirelandboy

Trying to get into the top four and possibly mount some sort of a challenge, not battle for Europa league for the next few seasons.

He's no where near top two level.

JakeTheRed

NO thankyou. Look how poorly he's doing at Everton now they're rubbish. We've got enough mentally weak players.

Reynoldo

NO thankyou. Look how poorly he's doing at Everton now they're rubbish. We've got enough mentally weak players.
Exactly and look at how Raphinha was shining even though his team were playing poorly. We have so many problems right now that one of the key attributes for any new signing should be the ability to put in a performance when the rest of the team is not, we need players that can elevate us out of this mess and not just drown with the rest of them.

Zoo

He’s someone you take as a young player from Brazil and have in your squad. But he hasn’t done enough to warrant a big money transfer from Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.