Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

We should definitely be after him, he is an already amazing player with great attitude on the pitch and lots of room to improve.
The aggressive player Ralf was talking about. Great signing if we can do it.
Could be one of them signing you see other teams make and wonder why we didnt get involved example being like Mane.

Wouldn't be expensive and works his balls off, could be timing the move at the right time, with the right club and new manager playing a completely different system to what he has played with at Everton so could he a steal.

Don't think it he big money either, so not be a high risk signing. Could be a system player as well who slot in perfectly with ETH.
7 goals this year. 13 goals in 40app last year.

do we really need to do this?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I’d say only LW where we have Sancho and Rashford who the new manager will likely try to rehabilitate. He could play CF but not on a regular basis for an aspiring top side
I think most Everton fans would say LW too. Though that said, when Jota was at Wolves I wouldn't have thought he'd look as good at CF as he does when playing there for Liverpool. Some set-ups might get more out of Richarlison there than others.

Blood Mage

He's alright, comfortably Everton's best player. Not sure he's good enough for us though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Over his last two full seasons Richarlison has returned 28 goals in 81 appearances. A good comparison would be Diogo Jota, who returned 26 goals in 85 appearance in the two seasons before he joined Liverpool. I think Richarlison also provided more assist over those two season sample sizes too, certainly in the PL.

There are some good reasons to have doubts about Richarlison but I wouldn't hold up that output as evidence that he wouldn't add a lot to a top side given the positive impact Jota had at Liverpool off the back of similar output.

And on top of that Richarlison is also a natural fit for an aggressive pressing side as his off the ball work-rate is extremely good. So if you're buying for that style of play, he fits.

If he's available for a reasonable price from cash-strapped (and potentially relegated) Everton then I can see why top sides would be eyeing him as an addition, even if he isn't a particularly outstanding player. I'm not sure how much sense he'd make for us though unless we were happy to use him as a CF quite a bit as we're already heavy on LWers.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Sometimes using a player who doesn't perform in a position is more damaging than not signing any player. Like the opportunity cost.

Richarlson is that player, the guy will occassionally score and press a bit but will miss big chances and cost us points.

Tarrou

I wonder if he has a release clause if they get relegated?

would be great if he was cheap, can press well and play all across the front three

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How would he compare as a CF to Firminho at his best? I've always been impressed by Richarlison but mostly seen bits and pieces here ans there. Not sure if his link up is good for example

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Over his last two full seasons Richarlison has returned 28 goals in 81 appearances. A good comparison would be Diogo Jota, who returned 26 goals in 85 appearance in the two seasons before he joined Liverpool. I think Richarlison also provided more assist over those two season sample sizes too, certainly in the PL.

There are some good reasons to have doubts about Richarlison but I wouldn't hold up that output as evidence that he wouldn't add a lot to a top side given the positive impact Jota had at Liverpool off the back of similar output.

And on top of that Richarlison is also a natural fit for an aggressive pressing side as his off the ball work-rate is extremely good. So if you're buying for that style of play, he fits.

If he's available for a reasonable price from cash-strapped (and potentially relegated) Everton then I can see why top sides would be eyeing him as an addition, even if he isn't a particularly outstanding player. I'm not sure how much sense he'd make for us though unless we were happy to use him as a CF quite a bit as we're already heavy on LWers.
This is what people have to start to thinking about and not just completely output focussed. I said the same in the summer about Neves. No one proclaims these to solve our attack/midfield problems, but they will make us a far better team pulling in one direction and adding qualities we lack.

mkso

I would take him, Rangnick mentioned we need physical player, Richarlison is a good option.

Hughes35

Depends on the cost really. I don't think he is top class but he has some qualities and always seems to work very hard.

Would be a good signing on the cheap if the get relegated. Not really the answer to our problems though.

Stacks

Liverpool have the best scorer in league history and Mane so their system can afford this.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
1) I don’t think there is anything in this
2) I don’t think he’s top class

That said, if they go down and we can get him for 20-30m, then he’d improve the squad and would be worth a punt

Mainoldo

I’d say only LW where we have Sancho and Rashford who the new manager will likely try to rehabilitate. He could play CF but not on a regular basis for an aspiring top side
He plays on the right side only for his country and he’s fine there. He’s not a Right sided player but we are after someone who can cover all positions and he offers that along with Danjuma who is a lot less flexible.

Either way Sancho is fine on the RW if required and Rashford might aswell not exist at the minute so let’s not worry about that.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Decent player but another enigma, looks great on his day but also not uncommon for him to stroll about like he's gods gift to football. Would suit our current crop, but hopefully we're moving away from players who feel as though the club owes them something.

Mainoldo

Lukaku. Avoid Richarlison like the plague please, Everton were stupid to turn down that Barca bid.
Exactly. An elite striker.. Everton have been poorly run since he left too. They are a b tech United.

Richarlison fits the profile of what we require now. He might not be number 1 but should definitely be an option for ETH should he want him.

Yep they should of took the money and ran.. but like I said they are a baby United :lol:

OleGunnar20

At the right price / wages, both him and DCL would be good squad additions were Everton to go down. Always liked his attitude, though I don't think he's prolific enough to be anything more than a squaddie.

Wilt

At the right price / wages, both him and DCL would be good squad additions were Everton to go down. Always liked his attitude, though I don't think he's prolific enough to be anything more than a squaddie.
Richarlison would be £50m + ….bit much for a squaddie. Don’t see him happy to sit on a bench either.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Hardworking, still reasonably young, Everton's best player. For a reasonable price we could do a lot worse this summer.

Idxomer

Richarlison would be £50m + ….bit much for a squaddie. Don’t see him happy to sit on a bench either.
2 seasons left in his contract and Everton's problems with their finances will ensure he doesn't cost anywhere near that.

United in sin

7 goals and 4 assists in a piss poor Everton in 20 full league games isn't bad. Antony has 8 goals and 4 assists in exactly 82 less minutes for a dominant Ajax in the Eridivisie this season and many are signing his praises

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's better than Martial. Not sure he'd be a particularly good signing (can't imagine his wages would be cheap) but I certainly wouldn't be upset if we got him. I like his aggression and physicality.

OleGunnar20

Probably right if they stay up, and he's not worth that. If they go down though? I think ~30m is more likely given the size of their wage bill.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's too much.

We need to go with someone who has more potential.

lenny_1248

We've already got one of these guys on loan at Sevilla, we don't need another on daft wages stinking the place out
At least Richarlison works hard.
If Everton is relegated, he would be a good signing for 25/30M.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Hardworking, still reasonably young, Everton's best player. For a reasonable price we could do a lot worse this summer.
Yet given current circumstances we don't just need to do a lot better but a whole world better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I didnt think he had a great game today but he does put in a shift more often that not.

Status
Not open for further replies.