Television Rick & Morty

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Losing Harmon would be a bigger blow.

Community season 4 attests.

I also don’t think a show that relies entirely on deconstructing high concept premises can really go on for that much longer anyway.
I mean, it's very close to overstaying its welcome already, and this comes from someone who loves the show and thought the last season was good. Good, but it really doesn't feel fresh anymore, and it wouldn't be a tragedy if the next season was the last one. Still a good rune, with some very strong highs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's weird how this is arguably the biggest adult cartoon of its time but may be on its last legs

South Park, Family Guy (was cancelled but came back) and The Simpsons had entered their peaks by season 6. I think R&M peaked too soon and was overhyped. The 3 mentioned prior slowly got better and slowly more zany while R&M was fully chaotic from the jump

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Obviously they can use any sciency way to explain the voice changes but wonder how that will go down.

Solar Opposites must be a gonner though. I enjoyed that one.

Again… Harmon would’ve been the bigger loss

Though incidentally Harmon has a new animated show with Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry coming out, so there’s a chance he actually might be less involved.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Scout

Harmon being the "bigger" loss (which is massively subjective, but yeah probably true) doesn't mean Roiland leaving is painless, from a creative standpoint. We'll obviously see how the respective shows progress, but the way that tweet is worded gives the impression they've been waiting for the first opportunity to cut ties - the guy fecked up big time, the easiness of getting rid of him lied with his acts, nothing related to the production of the shows. Just find it a bit weird.
Though incidentally Harmon has a new animated show with Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry coming out, so there’s a chance he actually might be less involved.
:drool::drool::drool: that does sound juicy

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Matt Berry as British Rick? In fact just get Matt Berry doing every voice in Rick & Morty. The same voice for every character.

"Mor-ah-tay. We have to get to the citehhhhhh."

Mockney

Harmon being the "bigger" loss (which is massively subjective, but yeah probably true) doesn't mean Roiland leaving is painless, from a creative standpoint. We'll obviously see how the respective shows progress, but the way that tweet is worded gives the impression they've been waiting for the first opportunity to cut ties - the guy fecked up big time, the easiness of getting rid of him lied with his acts, nothing related to the production of the shows. Just find it a bit weird.

:drool::drool::drool: that does sound juicy
it doesn’t look…. great, tbh. But it’s unfair to judge it on a small clip (also it looks fine) however I also maintain that Richard Ayoade isn’t a good voice actor just because he has an odd voice.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Matt Berry as British Rick? In fact just get Matt Berry doing every voice in Rick & Morty. The same voice for every character.

"Mor-ah-tay. We have to get to the citehhhhhh."
:lol:
it doesn’t look…. great, tbh. But it’s unfair to judge it on a small clip (also it looks fine) however I also maintain that Richard Ayoade isn’t a good voice actor just because he has an odd voice.

Yeah that looks... bland. But I'll still remain quietly optimistic.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The Medusa head bit :lol:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Harmon isn’t involved in Solar Opposites as far as I know/can tell.

Reckon Solar Opposites will be fine without him though

Mockney

This dude apparently wrote the video game High on Life for Roiland…and is the “narrative director” at the game company he set up.

Even watching the original Doc & Marty short, it always seemed pretty obvious who brought what to the final, actually well written show. We’ll never know I guess, but hey, Matt Groening gets a hell of a lot of credit for not actually having much to do with classic Simpsons at all.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Scout
This dude apparently wrote the video game High on Life for Roiland…and is the “narrative director” at the game company he set up.

Even watching the original Doc & Marty short, it always seemed pretty obvious who brought what to the final, actually well written show. We’ll never know I guess, but hey, Matt Groening gets a hell of a lot of credit for not actually having much to do with classic Simpsons at all.
Consider me educated! The part about him recording from his basement and not being welcome in the writing room does seem somewhat exaggerated (it may well be true, but it just seems crazy), but it definitely made me laugh :lol:

Mockney

Harmon, who has never been shy about his sky-high standards, was determined to make season two even better. “And when Harmon wants something to be even better, it means later nights, it means being more careful, it means saying yes to fewer silly ideas, and Justin is the king of silly ideas,” says a source. Harmon enlisted a few Community writers who, one insider notes, didn’t treat Roiland with the same kind of reverence that the Channel 101 writers had the previous season. The room became clubbier, and not nearly as much fun — there were now “Dan’s guys,” a more cerebral, structured set, and “Justin’s guys,” a zany collection of artists, “and they just weren’t going to mix,” notes a source. “Dan is all on the page and mathematical about story breaking, and these guys that Justin hired were like, ‘Look, I drew a turd with eyes, let’s do a story about that.’ ”

Sweet Square

Rick and Morty’s Justin Roiland cleared of domestic violence charges

Felony domestic violence charges against Rick and Morty creator Justin Roiland have been dismissed, two months after he was dropped from the show.

Kimberly Edds, a spokesperson for the Orange County district attorney’s office, confirmed the development in a statement on Wednesday, saying: “We dismissed the charges today as a result of having insufficient evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-roiland-cleared-of-domestic-violence-charges

Mockney

Dan Stevens has actually taken some really interesting roles. Legion, The Guest… that weird Will Ferrell Eurovision movie

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
New episode out. Was grand I suppose. I completely forgot about the fact that the voices were different until I scrolled through the posts in this thread.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New episode out. Was grand I suppose. I completely forgot about the fact that the voices were different until I scrolled through the posts in this thread.
Yeah was decent enough. A couple of subtleties with the voice changes but mostly spot on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I honestly forgot about the voice change and didn’t even notice up until after the episode, they’re different but will be easy to get used to.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The guy doing Rick's voice absolutely nailed it, could not tell the difference whatsoever. Morty and PB sounded quite different but not far off the mark.

Was a funny 1st episode

MiceOnMeth

Mr Poopybutthole and Squanch are funny as throwaway one scene characters but whole episodes about them is really overdoing it...ooooohweee!