Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbbear

Goncalo Guedes. We need at least one player who can play on his natural side.

devil in me

Living in fear he’s just going to go shopping at Chelsea again and bring in William.
Why would you be fearful of bringing in Willian? He is fantastic. I'd love him here. If there is any chance of bringing hi min , we should do all we can. We are desperate for a RW and there are hardly any about that are available.

Andersons Dietician

Why would you be fearful of bringing in Willian? He is fantastic. I'd love him here. If there is any chance of bringing hi min , we should do all we can. We are desperate for a RW and there are hardly any about that are available.
I do think he is a solid decent player but very uninspiring. Last 2 years almost half his league apeerances have been as a sub. He’s a no frills hard working winger. Perfect Jose player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So few quality RW out there. We keep circling around Bailey, Kluivert, Willian and Malcom.

laughtersassassin

For how fantastic Willian is he barely contributes any goals or assists. Sometimes even less than Martial.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For how fantastic Willian is he barely contributes any goals or assists. Sometimes even less than Martial.
He’s usually the player that transmissions from defence to attack, he plays the pass before the assist etc.

laughtersassassin

He’s usually the player that transmissions from defence to attack, he plays the pass before the assist etc.
Wont do us a lot of good I would think. I mean i could see us signing him but it wont be a signing to transform us at all.

Adam-Utd

Wont do us a lot of good I would think. I mean i could see us signing him but it wont be a signing to transform us at all.
Probably not, but his speed on the counter will be a massive improvement on what we have right now. He’s much better than all our current players on the right wing also.

The only worry is how long will he last? Once his explosive style starts to wain he will become pretty one dimensional

laughtersassassin

Probably not, but his speed on the counter will be a massive improvement on what we have right now. He’s much better than all our current players on the right wing also.

The only worry is how long will he last? Once his explosive style starts to wain he will become pretty one dimensional
I do agree we need a right winger for sure.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

He’s not what we need.

We need a left footed player for the right. I like Bailey

Jig1234

Mourinho needs another 30 year old. But it has nothing to do with his ability to coach or work with young players. Must be Martial's attitude.

Jig1234

We needed a RW when we signed Sanchez, but he is not allowed to operate on the RW. It would have made more sense to pay more money to get Mahrez instead.

devil in me

He’s not what we need.

We need a right footed winger for the right, imo. An out and out winger who will hog the touchline, or else we will just end up in the exact same state as when we play Mata out there.

devil in me

We needed a RW when we signed Sanchez, but he is not allowed to operate on the RW. It would have made more sense to pay more money to get Mahrez instead.
Yep. We've needed a RW since around the time we signed Mata. Its ridiculous how long we've operated without one for.

Jig1234

Yep. We've needed a RW since around the time we signed Mata. Its ridiculous how long we've operated without one for.
Now, we will lose Rashford or Martial because of Mourinho's short-term approach and his inability to coach players under 25. He has this weird expectation that a 22 year old should do as well as a someone like Sanchez who is closer to 30. It makes no sense why he digs young players out. Young players are always going to be inconsistent.

When Sterling missed several sitters in the game vs Utd. Pep didn't drop him or dig him out. Kept him in the team and stuck with him. You have a bad 30mins for Mourinho and he will use it to justify his decisions. The football we play isn't any better regardless of who he picks to start. His football looks redundant and unfit for purpose.

Adam-Utd

He’s not what we need.

Personally I don’t like 2 inside forwards at once, especially if your fullbacks can’t make use of the width.

How we used to do it with Nani/Valencia gave us great balance. I prefer 1 keeping the touchline and then the other roaming.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Names that seem to be popping up:
  1. Willian
  2. Malcom
  3. Kluivert
  4. Bailey
The usual names that we're linked with for the right:
  1. Bale
  2. Dybala
  3. Griezmann
Surprised there's no Ousmane Dembele to United considering he's not had the best of time at Barca & we clearly need a right-sided attacker. Him, Pogba & Martial would be too much of a luxury for us i feel as all 3 frenchmen have questionable attitudes/agents/posse.

The best option imo, is Riyad Mahrez. Epl proven. Lots of ability. Can score & create. Him & Sanchez behind/on either side of Lukaku would finally give the big man the service he needs. Lately, his attitude's been questioned but that's just down to wanting a move to a big club which he deserves like Kante/Drinkwater.

If we're going Brazilian, than either Felipe Anderson or Malcom would work if Chelsea refuse to sell Willian.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We need a right footed winger for the right, imo. An out and out winger who will hog the touchline, or else we will just end up in the exact same state as when we play Mata out there.
Then the problem becomes one of balance or lack of. We have no natural left footed wide players but an awful lot of right footed ones

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
L'Equipe is reporting that Fekir has an agreement with Lyon that he can leave this summer. Should we consider him?

extincti fugax hominum

Mourinho needs another 30 year old. But it has nothing to do with his ability to coach or work with young players. Must be Martial's attitude.
A swap deal involving Martial and Willian would be the most idiotic decision after giving Fellaini a new contract. Short-termism at its absolute best.

Oldyella

Someone who drifts infield would be fine if we are also picking up a new rb who can go outside him. Personally would love an out and out right footed winger though, just feels like it's been so long since we had one on ether flank.

Sanche7

I don't get this hate towards Willian.
He's a good player, stays out wide, provides width and is excellent at set pieces.
Obviously I wouldn't swap him for Martial but for 40 million or something in that range, I would happily have him here

extincti fugax hominum

We might bring Nani back for the right wing as well (and for a much much lower price too) if we don't want a top top player there. Because Willian is definitely not one. He is a good player Willian but we need better.

Charles Miller

So few quality RW out there. We keep circling around Bailey, Kluivert, Willian and Malcom.
Kluivert is the left winger there. David Neres is the RW.

In fact David Neres was elected MVP of the first half of the season and is Ajax top scorer, even ahead of Huntelaar who is the 9 there.

bucky

No interest in Pulisic?
Has had a difficult season and Mourinho is probably not the best manager for him. I'd love us to sign him, but we need another manager then. As long as we have Mourinho players like Douglas Costa or Willian make more sense.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I'd like us to take a closer look at Villareal's Samu Castillejo. Sure he'd be a risk, but this a player that has shown constant, gradual improvement over the seasons. His dribbling skills are solid, and his pace, impressive. He makes intelligent runs and is also quite adept at getting out of cramped areas. Defensively, he is quite comfortable at pressing, tracking back and getting into tackles (with results on the latter being very mixed though, from Maldini-esque to Scholes-ish). He's left-footed with a decent right foot as well. He's been mostly deployed as a central midfielder, and as right winger this season which shows notable versatility.

I'd see him being quite useful for us during counters with his ability to quickly cover a lot of ground, and during phases of the game when a quick repossession of the ball is required. His dribbling skills could be important in breaking down those tight defenses. The only downside to his game is that his passing could be better in the final 3rd, but I guess that comes with the territory of being a midfielder who has a very direct style of playing.

Kostov

If we overlook the RW position again this summer, then we won't win the title next year, that is for sure. I finally thought we found the player in Alexis, but he's been played on the left for some reason. All in all, I'd rather we sort one of the full backs positions this summer and bring in a right winger, rather than buying two full backs and no winger. We don't have a single player natural for that position, and I can't take another season of watching Mata and Lingard playing there.

Willian is a good option, depending on the price of course, Mahrez also even though I am reserved about him since I'm not sure he has what it takes to succeed at a big club. Then there are the younger options in Pulisic, Malcom or Leon Bailey.

StonedhamsterZA

Has had a difficult season and Mourinho is probably not the best manager for him. I'd love us to sign him, but we need another manager then. As long as we have Mourinho players like Douglas Costa or Willian make more sense.
Is that purely down to the age thing? The same issue with Martial?

StonedhamsterZA

I'd like us to take a closer look at Villareal's Samu Castillejo. Sure he'd be a risk, but this a player that has shown constant, gradual improvement over the seasons. His dribbling skills are solid, and his pace, impressive. He makes intelligent runs and is also quite adept at getting out of cramped areas. Defensively, he is quite comfortable at pressing, tracking back and getting into tackles (with results on the latter being very mixed though, from Maldini-esque to Scholes-ish). He's left-footed with a decent right foot as well. He's been mostly deployed as a central midfielder, and as right winger this season which shows notable versatility.

I'd see him being quite useful for us during counters with his ability to quickly cover a lot of ground, and during phases of the game when a quick repossession of the ball is required. His dribbling skills could be important in breaking down those tight defenses. The only downside to his game is that his passing could be better in the final 3rd, but I guess that comes with the territory of being a midfielder who has a very direct style of playing.
Sounds really interesting. I will give him a closer look in future, thanks!

MadMike

I kept saying last summer how Pulisic is very talented but still very raw, how he needs time to mature in a less pressurised environment and how a good season for Dortmund is not enough to brand him world class and people in here were ready to take my head off. Ready to throw 150m for him.

When it comes to young players some people always seem to be projecting their hopes and aspirations onto them and not thinking clearly about what they see. Kagawa and Mkhitaryan failed to make a success out of their respective moves here, at more mature ages too, but Pulisic was nailed on to be success at 19. Now the lad has (understandably) had a tough season something that often happens to players that age. Imagine if that was after an expensive move here.

He is not ready for United and not ready for Mourinho. He needs to mature and develop a bit more. He’s couple of years away, the way I see it.

bucky

Is that purely down to the age thing? The same issue with Martial?
You mean Mourinho? I think he can work with some younger players obviously, but they already need to have a certain kind of maturity and quality IMO. For example I want us to sign Rodrigo from Villareal, since he fits that description and would be a good signing regardless of who the manager is. Pulisic on the other hand needs a manager that can develop him and I don't think Mourinho is that manager. Since Mourinho won't be leaving or let go, the best thing moving forward might be players he just needs to get the best out of, who have already ironed out mistakes. I'd rather see us sign typical United players, but for Mourinho to be successful and perhaps play better football, he might need players who are in their prime.

I kept saying last summer how Pulisic is very talented but still very raw, how he needs time to mature in a less pressurised environment and how a good season for Dortmund is not enough to brand him world class and people in here were ready to take my head off. Ready to throw 150m for him.

When it comes to young players some people always seem to be projecting their hopes and aspirations onto them and not thinking clearly about what they see. Kagawa and Mkhitaryan failed to make a success out of their respective moves here, at more mature ages too, but Pulisic was nailed on to be success at 19. Now the lad has (understandably) had a tough season something that often happens to players that age. Imagine if that was after an expensive move here.

He is not ready for United and not ready for Mourinho. He needs to mature and develop a bit more. He’s couple of years away, the way I see it.
I'd still be all for signing him, if we had a different manager. I also wouldn't make too much of his season, because Dortmund in general haven't been that good. He's definitely not been the only one on that team, who's had a difficult season.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Names that seem to be popping up:
The usual names that we're linked with for the right:
  1. Bale
  2. Dybala
  3. Griezmann
Surprised there's no Ousmane Dembele to United considering he's not had the best of time at Barca & we clearly need a right-sided attacker. Him, Pogba & Martial would be too much of a luxury for us i feel as all 3 frenchmen have questionable attitudes/agents/posse.

The best option imo, is Riyad Mahrez. Epl proven. Lots of ability. Can score & create. Him & Sanchez behind/on either side of Lukaku would finally give the big man the service he needs. Lately, his attitude's been questioned but that's just down to wanting a move to a big club which he deserves like Kante/Drinkwater.

If we're going Brazilian, than either Felipe Anderson or Malcom would work if Chelsea refuse to sell Willian.
Agree on Mahrez. Dybala is unable to play in a 4-3-3 formation. Griezman is Barca's bound. Maybe Bale, but is injury prone.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Martial in exchange for Willian? Jesus Christ, what a horrible deal.

Manutd1990

Malcom or David Neres, if we need young players entering their prime, not Willian or Bale.

Status
Not open for further replies.