Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

Surely, Bale wouldn't be happy sitting on his bum for the whole season at Real? He's been replaced quite successfully in their starting lineup. I am willing to bring him at United if "the price is right".

luke511

Surely, Bale wouldn't be happy sitting on his bum for the whole season at Real? He's been replaced quite successfully in their starting lineup. I am willing to bring him at United if "the price is right".
Quality player but we'd be falling for the same mistake if we did sign him. Player that's done it all, best years are soon to be behind him, extremely high wages and prone to a bad injury as well. We need players that have it all to come, full of drive and desire and want give their all for the club.

RedCurry

Quality player but we'd be falling for the same mistake if we did sign him. Player that's done it all, best years are soon to be behind him, extremely high wages and prone to a bad injury as well. We need players that have it all to come, full of drive and desire and want give their all for the club.
Yea agreed. But even an injury prone, has-been Bale is better player than Willian. I am open to other players too but I don't see any better players being linked with us so far.

Noc-Z

ffs
As long as we do go for a right winger I'll be happy. When was the last time we had an actual winger on the right? We've had Mata (a number 10), Rashford (a striker) etc. The last one was probably Valencia who was horribly left footed and would just run himself into dead-ends before losing the ball or passing backwards.

luke511

Yea agreed. But even an injury prone, has-been Bale is better player than Willian. I am open to other players too but I don't see any better players being linked with us so far.
Yeah I'm not keen on Willian at all either, he's better than all our options on the right at the moment but that's not really saying much.

Swift Football

how much do you think is right for Bale ? considering he is on high wages too ( some £600,000 per week before tax).

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Knowing how Woody is, there is the possibility of seeing Antonio Valencia as the right winger next season.

RedCurry

Would you be happy if we get him on lets say 60M or will you think we could have spend the money better?
That would be pushing it. I guess it would depend a lot on who else is available at the time. He's a risk signing and there's only that much of summer budget I would want to spend on him.

jesperjaap

Malcom or David Neres, if we need young players entering their prime, not Willian or Bale.
I agree, we have done too many signings the last few years of players close to 30....same time how far away are Chong and Gomes?

Manutd1990

I agree, we have done too many signings the last few years of players close to 30....same time how far away are Chong and Gomes?
Should get a couple of loan moves, United cant afford to give all young players a crack at first team football. I say, keep TFM, maybe perreira, send tuanzebe, chong, gomes, on loan.

Stubble

Strategy might be to sign Willian if possible as would tide us over just long enough for Chong to be ready ?

NoPace

Jahanbakhsh, the top scorer in the Eredivise is a 24 year old RW who probably wouldn't cost a ton. Good numbers last year too. I literally haven't seen him play. Any Iranians or Dutch people have takes?

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Swap Martial for Willan and bring in Pulisic to get him ready to take Willian's place in a couple years.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Jahanbakhsh, the top scorer in the Eredivise is a 24 year old RW who probably wouldn't cost a ton. Good numbers last year too. I literally haven't seen him play. Any Iranians or Dutch people have takes?
We're not in the position to take punts.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why not Mahrez?
He is an "actual" RW (not converted or shoe-horned into that position).
He can run very fast.
He can score goals from the right (he scored against AFC yesterday).
He is devastating on counter attacks - he won't stop the play in the middle of the pitch, to allow opponent defenders to get back into position.
And he desperately wants to move to a team to win trophies.
He is experienced, so won't need much coaching (something which Jose likes).

This transfer seems almost too logical.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No more players from the Dutch league. LOL.
We saw Memphis fail miserably.
Spurs also bought a top Dutch league player 2 years ago I think. I have never seen that player play for them, so he must be absolutely awful.
Dutch league must absolutely terrible. Probably worse than League One of England!

NoPace

No more players from the Dutch league. LOL.
We saw Memphis fail miserably.
Spurs also bought a top Dutch league player 2 years ago I think. I have never seen that player play for them, so he must be absolutely awful.
Dutch league must absolutely terrible. Probably worse than League One of England!
Thank god we don't have this team:

---Mertens------Suarez----Robben
---------------Eriksen--------------
---------Strootman--DM--------------
Vertonghen-Alderweild-Sanchez-RB
-----------------GK--------------------

Basically, as I think the above shows, the Dutch league hasn't produced fullbacks or D-mids of great note in about 20 years, but there are still good attackers, CBs and passing midfielders available. Would you really be surprised if someone like De Jong or Neres, who are playing quite well at age 20 or 21 and are in at-demand positions (creative deep playing midfielder and a goalscoring RW), become stars?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Why not Mahrez?
He can run very fast.
He is devastating on counter attacks - he won't stop the play in the middle of the pitch, to allow opponent defenders to get back into position.

If i am going to bet my money on the RW for MU, I will put it on Willian given Mourinho's track record. Chelsea is on FM mode lately and she is very happy to sell player at 29, and replace with a younger one.

TrebleFan99

Chong and Gomes a few years off.

Bale would be a stupid transfer but Willian would fill a void and allow youngsters another 2 or 3 seasons to make the transition.

Although I would be happy with Willian I would hope LB, RB, and CM are a higher priority.

Cheekiey

Has anyone been following Adama? I see Chelsea linked, has he finally got it together?

Guy has all the tools.
I really liked the look of him and i got shot down by everyone saying he was just a speed merchant who had the finishing of sterling :wenger:

Graveyard

This is a good player. He will be a smart purchase for Napoli. Utd will want to aim higher.

Canagel

Has anyone been following Adama? I see Chelsea linked, has he finally got it together?

Guy has all the tools.
I really liked him also. He was beating players for fun in the PL last season and maybe with better players around him he could make that step up to a bigger club who knows?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Guy has all the tools.
I think he is made for the wingback role for Chelsea in a Conte system or even if Sarri goes there. He’s been more consistent this season, but you would hope that dropping down a league.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know if it's possible but I would take a punt on Bertrand Traoré, he is skillful, powerful, fast and always look like someone that likes to play with his teammates.

Bestietom

I agree with you.

Ekeke

I think we should be one of, I'm sure many clubs taking a serious look at Florian Thauvin from Marseille. 25 years old, a hell of a season and some unfinished business in the premier league after a short Newcastle spell where he barely got any games.

Take a look at this :

And of course theres a highlights video. Just a video, but it does show several things that would be important like being able to go inside or outside and cross with his right foot as well as his favoured left foot. A complete attacking player who has been playing right wing all season and show he's the kind of danger man we want from our right side to balance out the left.

A few more notes, Thauvin had the 3rd most shots in Ligue 1 behind Neymar and Balotelli. He has scored 3 or more goals than the other two players. Mind you he has played more games this season, he has started 34 games out of Marseille's 37 games in the league this season showing he's fit and available all the time.

If any player out there has shown the potential to be a realistic signing we could make that might be able to make a big impact in attack like Salah did for Liverpool this season, this seems like the guy.

Graveyard

I don't know if it's possible but I would take a punt on Bertrand Traoré, he is skillful, powerful, fast and always look like someone that likes to play with his teammates.
This is a very inconsistent player. He has a good dribble and good shot in both feet. But he'll go missing for half of the matches and his nonchalant attitude will have most of the caf pissed off within a few months.

Jig1234

Why not Mahrez?
He can run very fast.

This is who we should have brought instead of Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.