Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

For the people campaigning for WIllian i get he is a good player and works hard but his goal contribution record is truly absymal. Worse than martial.

How can we compete with city unless our attack starts producing better numbers? WIllian isnt likely to be a man that will help us do that.

Stats might not be everything but his are awful https://www.whoscored.com/Players/29463/History/Willian

Last edited:

Smores

You mean Mourinho? I think he can work with some younger players obviously, but they already need to have a certain kind of maturity and quality IMO. For example I want us to sign Rodrigo from Villareal, since he fits that description and would be a good signing regardless of who the manager is. Pulisic on the other hand needs a manager that can develop him and I don't think Mourinho is that manager. Since Mourinho won't be leaving or let go, the best thing moving forward might be players he just needs to get the best out of, who have already ironed out mistakes. I'd rather see us sign typical United players, but for Mourinho to be successful and perhaps play better football, he might need players who are in their prime.

I'd still be all for signing him, if we had a different manager. I also wouldn't make too much of his season, because Dortmund in general haven't been that good. He's definitely not been the only one on that team, who's had a difficult season.
What's your classification of typical united players here then? Personally i think we've always looked for ready made and mature

bucky

What's your classification of typical united players here then? Personally i think we've always looked for ready made and mature
I probably should have said typical United signings. Basically young players, who come to us not being the finished article and developing into great players with us. Martial, Shaw, Memphis, Bailly, Pogba and Lindelof recently. I'm not saying that it has worked out lately. We obviously should sign the finished article from time to time as well.

I give you an example. I am hoping that we sign Fekir, Rodrigo, NDombele, Mukiele and Alex Sandro this summer. Apart from Alex Sandro and Fekir those might not be the players that Mourinho needs to close the gap between us and City (and the rest of Europe). I don't think he has the time to develop players currently, especially with complaints about his football. He needs to be successful to gloss over his style. So for him to be sucessful, it might need to be:

Jorginho instead of Rodrigo
Nainggolan instead of NDombele
Meunier/Ricardo Pereira instead of Mukiele
Willian instead of Fekir

Smores

I probably should have said typical United signings. Basically young players, who come to us not being the finished article and developing into great players with us. Martial, Shaw, Memphis, Bailly, Pogba and Lindelof recently. I'm not saying that it has worked out lately. We obviously should sign the finished article from time to time as well.

I give you an example. I am hoping that we sign Fekir, Rodrigo, NDombele, Mukiele and Alex Sandro this summer. Apart from Alex Sandro and Fekir those might not be the players that Mourinho needs to close the gap between us and City (and the rest of Europe). I don't think he has the time to develop players currently, especially with complaints about his football. He needs to be successful to gloss over his style. So for him to be sucessful, it might need to be:

Jorginho instead of Rodrigo
Nainggolan instead of NDombele
Meunier/Ricardo Pereira instead of Mukiele
Willian instead of Fekir
Apart from the odd talent we had to secure (Ronaldo and Rooney) our usual age range of signings is around 23-26 with a few proven seasons who can step up. If thats what you mean by youngsters yeah but certainly not 19 year olds of which is usually the odd punts.

I think where we've actually gone wrong is relying on too many youngsters at once rather than bringing in maturity and it would be an obvious mistake if we did it again.

bucky

Apart from the odd talent we had to secure (Ronaldo and Rooney) our usual age range of signings is around 23-26 with a few proven seasons who can step up. If thats what you mean by youngsters yeah but certainly not 19 year olds of which is usually the odd punts.

I think where we've actually gone wrong is relying on too many youngsters at once rather than bringing in maturity and it would be an obvious mistake if we did it again.
Zaha, Nani, Anderson, De Gea, Jones, Chicharito and Smalling were all younger (as were Martial, Shaw and Memphis), when we bought them. Point is, and it seems you agree, Mourinho might need players like Koulibaly from Napoli or Alderweireld more so than Bailly and Lindelof. As much as I like the latter.

I don't think the problem has been that we've signed too many young players rather than that we've signed players without a plan for them. Mata, when we already had Kagawa. Playing Pogba in a midfield 2 instead of his best position. Sanchez. Not playing Schneiderlin in a Kante or Khedira-like role. Schweinsteiger in a box-to-box role, when he clearly wasn't fit enough for it anymore. Di Maria. Falcao, when we already had Rooney and van Persie. On top of that players like Blind, Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Kagawa and even Young, who shouldn't be starting for us consistently, if we want to be one of the best teams around Europe again.

Hawks2008

Replacing Martial with Willian would be pretty bad. He isn't a bad player, quick, decent on set pieces and runs around a lot but thats it. His crossing is inconsistent as hell and along with that has very poor output.

Fer

Which young winger do you consider the best? Pulisic/Malcom/Neres/Bailey/Guedes/Martins/Lozano/Kluivert/etc...

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Which young winger do you consider the best? Pulisic/Malcom/Neres/Bailey/Guedes/Martins/Lozano/Kluivert/etc...
Pulisic would help utd most. Marketability, played for big club in Germany, right winger and most importantly, a utd fan

dutchred

I watch Ajax every week. Neither Kluivert nor Neres are good enough

Suv666

If we go into the season with Mata and Lingard at RW, I'd be fuming. How did LVG and Mou manage to ignore that position for so long is beyond me. Been ages since we had a proper RW. Anyone of Willian, Costa, Malcom would work for me just buy a fecking winger, not a midfielder not a striker who'll cut in, a proper winger.

Suv666

Whats the deal with folks moaning about Willian did they not see him against Barca was the best player on the pitch and there was fecking Messi on the field

laughtersassassin

Whats the deal with folks moaning about Willian did they not see him against Barca was the best player on the pitch and there was fecking Messi on the field
Honestly mate? He was class versus Barca, but i can pick plenty of players class for a few games a season.

If he is so great how come he consistently gets next to no goals and assist in the premier league?

If we sign him give it a year and people will be complaining when he finishes the season with 6 goals and 6 assists which is worse than the like of martial.

luke511

If Liverpool sign Fekir I'm going to be sick as a dog, he'd be perfect for us on the right.

Suv666

Honestly mate? He was class versus Barca, but i can pick plenty of players class for a few games a season.

If he is so great how come he consistently gets next to no goals and assist in the premier league?

If we sign him give it a year and people will be complaining when he finishes the season with 6 goals and 6 assists which is worse than the like of martial.
Thats one just example mate. Willian is class I've never seen him have a bad game and I dont care what the stats say. I love his hair too and with Fellaini probably going out we need hair like that in our squad.

ZAGREB RED

Thats one just example mate. Willian is class I've never seen him have a bad game and I dont care what the stats say. I love his hair too and with Fellaini probably going out we need hair like that in our squad.
Willian gets my vote. Seems to be one of Chelsea's better players any time I see them.

Suv666

If Liverpool sign Fekir I'm going to be sick as a dog, he'd be perfect for us on the right.
He's above average but we can probably do better.
If United were linked with him half the caf would be having a go at his dodgy knee

Suv666

Willian gets my vote. Seems to be one of Chelsea's better players any time I see them.
Exactly mate its not too long ago when Willian was the only player performing at Chelsea banging in free kicks like there was no tommorow, while folks here want unknown young players gets on me nerves that and when things go wrong they'll be the first one here slagging off Mou for his management swearing its all his fault and the player himself is blameless.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

What about Soler? Is he still on our radar? Will add a bit of creativity and technical prowess in the central areas and our right flank.

laughtersassassin

So people honestly thin Willian who has never scored into double figures in the league is really good enough? I just dont see it.

Andersons Dietician

If he is available then Ousmane Dembele. Obviously had a rubbish year with injury but what a player he is. He’d be perfect.

laughtersassassin

If demeble is available he should be our number one target. Quality player already, young and he plays on the right wing.

suhaylah

Most likely Willian. Mourinho prefers established players rather than young players with potential. Furthermore, he has tried to sign him last season. If Chelski miss champions league football, Willian would surely push for a move to united

Chillosophy

Would love Willian here, underrated in my opinion. I really like him as a player!

Doubt Dembele is available, why would Barca sell such a prospect?

marktan

Willian, Douglas Costa, Mahrez, O. Dembele, get anyone in as long as we don't have to play Mata or Lingard there anymore.

MUFC OK

Mourinho has dropped plenty of hints lately that he is interested in Willian. I'm really not sure it would be a good move for us especially if it involves losing Tony Martial. Willian has looked fairly average in the second half of the season and losing a potential world beater for someone who is not likely to improve and is less productive in terms of goals and assists has all the makings of being a terrible decision.

Wayne's World

Big fan of Willian but I just feel buying him on the wrong side of 30 would be a mistake. Fantastic player and would do a job for us but I'd rather look at someone like Mahrez or Dembele who would offer us more years and potential to get better and better

Status
Not open for further replies.