Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

Not saying i agree with lvg but i think thats why he plays. Although i don't see januzaj as an upgrade on lingard.
januzaj looked terrific until LVG got here, as a matter of fact most of our creative players looked decent till LVG applied the dreaded "philosophy"

Norris

SAF rated him highly and was prepared to pay the most that he had ever payed to get a youngster to get him only to have leonardo sweep in at the last minute and acquire him for even crazier money. I always wanted him at OT. He and Griezmann would have us challenging again.
Actually he was second choice was he not ? I remember we initially wanted to sign Hazard but SAF refused to pay ludicrous amounts to his agent. Then we turned our attention to Moura and like you said, he was brainwashed into joining PSG and their 'Project'. Finally we got Kagawa and a certain Dutch striker.

ravi2

Actually he was second choice was he not ? I remember we initially wanted to sign Hazard but SAF refused to pay ludicrous amounts to his agent. Then we turned our attention to Moura and like you said, he was brainwashed into joining PSG and their 'Project'. Finally we got Kagawa and a certain Dutch striker.
The thing is that Moura was costing as much as Hazard, SAF just didnt want to pay Hazard's agent the 6m payoff that he demanded and so the story goes.

Norris

The thing is that Moura was costing as much as Hazard, SAF just didnt want to pay Hazard's agent the 6m payoff that he demanded and so the story goes.
Pretty glad he didn't though. Normally I am all for building towards the future, but the fairy tale of van Persie would never have existed otherwise.

NoPace

He seems to get linked with everyone.

I think he would choose us over Spurs anyway as we don't even have a right winger so he would start straight away
That implies his advisors/agents are most concerned with playing time. Players don't just pick the best team with a massive hole at their favorite position. It would be nice if they did, but who knows.

But yeah, based on playing time he should probably pick us or Arsenal, who both have massive holes on the right. If Atletico don't sign a striker and commit to Griezmann up top and Koke centrally that's a good option too.

The case for Spurs is that apart from giving Pochettino a big raise, they don't really have major holes to address since their squad is young and deep, so they really should risk overpaying on a potential star in both transfer and wages, and with the massive gap between their first XI central players (Kane, Alli, Dembele, Alderweild, Vertonghen, Lloris all being CL quality and Dier being the one I would probably look to challenge with a better deep passer, though him being 22 and playing a newish position means he could make another leap forward over the next couple years) and wide players (Eriksen - if you want to overload the middle with a narrow wide midfielder - is very good but Lamela, Rose and Walker are mobile and hard-working enough to fit Poch football well but are not really win some CL knockout rounds quality).

So they probably should go full-bore at trying to find the next Bale and this kid seems as good a bet as any.

feck, they really are lined up for a smooth summer. Buy a 9 so they aren't screwed when Kane is out (Berahino the likeliest, obviously), the best young winger they can get and they wouldn't have any huge holes. An experienced DM with some technical skills and a proper star at fullback (could be half paid for by selling one of Rose/Walker/Davies/Trippier) would be needed if they're serious about competing for the CL rather than limply going out as English teams seem to do in this mini-era.

NoPace

Good god. Just sell Rooney to China and send the Yuan directly to Rennes. 2-footed, fast as hell, great dribbling ability (stats back this up) and in one of the other videos (vs. Nantes) you can see he's happy to chase the opposing fullback and get a tackle in too.

Hard to think of an 18 year old so promising and not at a massive club. feck, he's definitely going to Bayern. We'll sign Robben to subsidize it for them, too.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That implies his advisors/agents are most concerned with playing time. Players don't just pick the best team with a massive hole at their favorite position. It would be nice if they did, but who knows.

But yeah, based on playing time he should probably pick us or Arsenal, who both have massive holes on the right. If Atletico don't sign a striker and commit to Griezmann up top and Koke centrally that's a good option too.

The case for Spurs is that apart from giving Pochettino a big raise, they don't really have major holes to address since their squad is young and deep, so they really should risk overpaying on a potential star in both transfer and wages, and with the massive gap between their first XI central players (Kane, Alli, Dembele, Alderweild, Vertonghen, Lloris all being CL quality and Dier being the one I would probably look to challenge with a better deep passer, though him being 22 and playing a newish position means he could make another leap forward over the next couple years) and wide players (Eriksen - if you want to overload the middle with a narrow wide midfielder - is very good but Lamela, Rose and Walker are mobile and hard-working enough to fit Poch football well but are not really win some CL knockout rounds quality).

So they probably should go full-bore at trying to find the next Bale and this kid seems as good a bet as any.

feck, they really are lined up for a smooth summer. Buy a 9 so they aren't screwed when Kane is out (Berahino the likeliest, obviously), the best young winger they can get and they wouldn't have any huge holes. An experienced DM with some technical skills and a proper star at fullback (could be half paid for by selling one of Rose/Walker/Davies/Trippier) would be needed if they're serious about competing for the CL rather than limply going out as English teams seem to do in this mini-era.
If his advisors and agent are more concerned about money then it will be us as we can blow spurs away in wages and transfer fee

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Robben wouldn't be a bad option, Bayern seem to be going with Coeman and Costa these days so may be available

Walters_19_MuFc

I like the look of Moura. Sharp, direct and skillful. He's also progressed his game, in the way that he now comes in off the line and links up play, which makes him less predictable. He could do with scoring more goals, though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Martial, Rashford, Januzaj and Dembele could be a decent attacking lineup for even 12 years. Brilliant future in the making but we could use also a bit more experienced options to create more balance.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Griezmann now plays as a RW with France. My preferred French player at the moment.

- Very versatile.
- Successful with Real Sociedad and Atletico Madrid.
- Excellents stats
- Young
- Excellent positive mentality
Up :drool:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Sure that isn't them getting their Dembele's mixed up?
I wouldn't think so, seeing as the player in question plays in France, is French and it was reported by a French website.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wouldn't think so, seeing as the player in question plays in France, is French and it was reported by a French website.
He said that he was going nowhere and the paper said that Tottenham were a club among others.

Spock

"Plot" the summer bid for Ronaldo. There's no evidence of any precipitous decline and even if we agree that his best years are behind him his ability going into next season is light years ahead of any other alternative. Can it be done? Impossible to say definitively, but if it can be done it must be done.

Right or left, it doesn't matter. Play Ronaldo on the left, Martial centrally and figure out a way to make Memphis work on the right. Or just Ronaldo roam as he wishes. He can create and score and, truth be told, we need a leader on this squad.

AkaAkuma

Whats Benardeschi like? His name is cropping up every now and then - although the latest links sounds made up.

Edit: watched a few of his videos, reminds me of Steve McManaman.

Last edited:

NoPace

It's quite annoying we didn't sign Griezmann from Sociedad. Lots of people here wanted it, as I recall.

reddevilz007

Whats Benardeschi like? His name is cropping up every now and then - although the latest links sounds made up.

Edit: watched a few of his videos, reminds me of Steve McManaman.
euh... and it's a swap deal for Rashford. (loan, i think?)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon we'll be competing with you guys for a right winger, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up with who...

DarkXaero

It's quite annoying we didn't sign Griezmann from Sociedad. Lots of people here wanted it, as I recall.
Yea I remember wondering why we didn't make a move for him back when Atletico were trying to sign him for cheap.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
januzaj looked terrific until LVG got here, as a matter of fact most of our creative players looked decent till LVG applied the dreaded "philosophy"
He also went on loan and never got a kick at Dortmund.

It appears verge unlikely that he is a PL quality footballer at this point. Let alone a top 4.

Fer

Who would you sign between Dembele, Mahrez, Moura, Sane... and why?

ZAGREB RED

Mahrez or Griezmann ( both ?) but LvG would squeeze all the footballing life out of them so only if United get a manager in the summer that lets players actually play football.

Bwuk

From that list, Mahrez.

He's proven himself in this league, and will probably win it as one of the leagues best players this season.

spenzo

Ideally I'd like Mahrez and Dembele as well as another option but I think that'd make the squad too big as Martial and Memphis can also play out wide and won't be going anywhere. Not sure we should go back in for Lucas Moura and having watched him several times I don't think we should be looking at Sane personally. I was very impressed with him the first time I saw him, in that Champions League tie against Real, but I feel as though if we're looking at a young player for the right wing it should be Dembele as Sane looks a little limited to me.

Fer

I know what is Griezmann best position but...

Do you think Griezmann could play as a right winger in a 4231 and be a better option than the likes of Mahrez/Dembele?

Status
Not open for further replies.