Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think Griezmann is that unrealistic, he is a long standing fan of MUFC and we have the money.
The real problem here is would Woodward pay his release clause which stands at €80m, or would be feck around and try to "negotiate".

I hope Griezmann is Jose's primary target when he gets here.
It's unrealistic this summer because of our current standing and Atletico being a much better side, but the summer after if Mourinho gets us challenging again while Simeone might end up moving clubs for whatever reason would give us a much better shot.

Infra-red

I mean we could probably offer him what 30% more a week than Athletico. I understand and accept they have a much better team but if we pay his release clause and give him a big pay increase why wouldn't he come?
You've answered your own question.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mane for me is such a good buy. Pace, aggression and directness all what we lack. Plus he is a great age and can play anywhere in the front 4.
His end product this season is a bit worrysome. I think he'd be a good player but I'm not sure about A) his moody mentality and B) his position. I see him as a Coutinho type dribbling #10, but Griezmann has to be the player to sign for that role.

CM

I don't think this is unrealistic at all if we want to make this happen. Atletico are an excellent team but if we activate the buy-out, there are plenty of reasons why Griezmann might want to join us.

I think he would be a lot more effective through the middle though.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is it me or is there currently a worldwide shortage of really good right sided attackers. The same few names seem to be cropping up in here which supports this theory - Mahrez (one good season), Dembele (unproven), Griezeman (probably unattainable for us out of the UCL), Moura...

I can't think of many others - KDB (obviously unattainable) - who else?

Devil may care

From what I've seen Mane appears to prefer playing in the middle, much like Greizmann, apart from being half as good of course. I don't think I'd put him in the category of Mahrez, Dembele, Sane, Moura etc who are all wide forwards/wingers.
This is exatly the thing with Mane, his only truly standout performances have been centrally, and he fades a lot of the time, is moody and doesn't have a consistent end product.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
In no way is Griezmman remotely unattainable regardless of us not being in the CL.

He would not refuse the financial offer we would make.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It's imperative the new RW has pace, power and the ability to beat his man from a standing position as well as on the counter.

Really it is a lot to ask for but we need all of that.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

1. Mahrez, Moura, Sane, Dembele
2. Mane, Bellarabi, Anderson

Just get one of them, should be possible.

NoPace

It's imperative the new RW has pace, power and the ability to beat his man from a standing position as well as on the counter.

Really it is a lot to ask for but we need all of that.
It's doable. Bayern found 2 such players last summer in Costa and Coman.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Dembele looks like the real deal whenever I see him, but the only thing I'd be wary of is that Hatem Ben Arfa looks like a world beater for Nice in that league. I'd take Dembele if he's available but whilst I reckon he definitely could turn out to be one of the best in his position, it's not guaranteed.

Mainoldo

Dembele looks like the real deal whenever I see him, but the only thing I'd be wary of is that Hatem Ben Arfa looks like a world beater for Nice in that league. I'd take Dembele if he's available but whilst I reckon he definitely could turn out to be one of the best in his position, it's not guaranteed.
Ben Arfa is a top class player! His just a screw loose.

JoaquinJoaquin

Is it me or is there currently a worldwide shortage of really good right sided attackers. The same few names seem to be cropping up in here which supports this theory - Mahrez (one good season), Dembele (unproven), Griezeman (probably unattainable for us out of the UCL), Moura...

I can't think of many others - KDB (obviously unattainable) - who else?
Moura is massively overrated on this forum for some strange reason. Certainly wouldn't be worth the money PSG would want for him.

Norris

Moura is massively overrated on this forum for some strange reason. Certainly wouldn't be worth the money PSG would want for him.
Don't think it his him being overrated. There is a serious shortage of Right Wingers of top quality at the moment. Moura is probably the most attainable.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We could pick up Adam Johnson on a free transfer.

Blackwidow

Costa can play either side so does Coman.
Costa is a left foot - Coman a right foot. In my eyes Costa is best on the left side and Coman on the right as both are better as assistants than they are as inside forwards - and in combination with Müller and Lewy that makes the most sense. But - both can change and play good on the other side.

As Ribery is back - and he just feels well on his left side - Costa plays on the right now.

JohnnyLaw

If all else fails, could Ben Arfa be a target for us?
He's had some attitude issues if I recall correctly but it seems that he's been immense since joining Nice. More of a goalscorer than creator but a crazy good dribbler. Should be some doubts perhaps about his age as he'll be 30 next year. If nothing else he should be a 'gettable' player if we were interested.

Nice youtube comp aswell:
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=iIDmoqQuR8M

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If all else fails, could Ben Arfa be a target for us?
He's had some attitude issues if I recall correctly but it seems that he's been immense since joining Nice. More of a goalscorer than creator but a crazy good dribbler. Should be some doubts perhaps about his age as he'll be 30 next year. If nothing else he should be a 'gettable' player if we were interested.

Nice youtube comp aswell:
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=iIDmoqQuR8M
No. He's found the level/club that hes happy at. He's shown nothing to suggest he could do it elsewhere

pacifictheme

Lingard is one of the worst wingers I've seen play for MUFC, he is somewhere between Kieran Richardson and obertan. It's just baffling that he continually gets starts over januazj.
Not really. He works hard. I'm not a lingard fan but hes a hard worker. Januzaj isn't. That is why lvg picks him in my opinion.

pacifictheme

I don't think this is unrealistic at all if we want to make this happen. Atletico are an excellent team but if we activate the buy-out, there are plenty of reasons why Griezmann might want to join us.

I think he would be a lot more effective through the middle though.
Hes a united fan so there is hope...

ravi2

Not really. He works hard. I'm not a lingard fan but hes a hard worker. Januzaj isn't. That is why lvg picks him in my opinion.

if being a hard worker is all it takes to occupy the RW spot for MUFC maybe a few of us should apply as well

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Lucas Moura is probably gettable this summer, but PSG will not sell him for cheap.
What's the reasoning for that?

A couple players have been rumoured to consider an exit from Paris but Lucas is not one of them. Furthermore he didn't want to join Manchester a few years ago when United was much more attractive, why would he do now?

I can only see PSG selling if they can recruit a better alternative, they have sufficient depth forward and there is serious money involved. Seems unlikely to me.

Shimo

Unless it's Griezman or that maybe a Sane who is still developing, I'd rather we actually go back to playing Young or Valencia as right side players. Someone just needs to remind Valencia how to cross and take the fear out of taking on his man because still think he has the pace and strength to put any RB on toast if he tried to. Obviously means LVG needs to go or get that stupid notion of a Mata type or goal scorer from the wide right position out of his head and just stick to bread and butter attacking player that will just put defenses under pressure.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Unless it's Griezman or that maybe a Sane who is still developing, I'd rather we actually go back to playing Young or Valencia as right side players. Someone just needs to remind Valencia how to cross and take the fear out of taking on his man because still think he has the pace and strength to put any RB on toast if he tried to. Obviously means LVG needs to go or get that stupid notion of a Mata type or goal scorer from the wide right position out of his head and just stick to bread and butter attacking player that will just put defenses under pressure.
No thanks, just get someone new

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
France Football say Spurs have now begun negotiations with the teenage striker’s representatives in London.
He seems to get linked with everyone.

I think he would choose us over Spurs anyway as we don't even have a right winger so he would start straight away

Norris

Lucas Moura is probably gettable this summer, but PSG will not sell him for cheap.
He won't be unbelievably expensive either. After the AdM deal, I think both parties are more than capable of coming to a fair deal.

What's the reasoning for that?

A couple players have been rumoured to consider an exit from Paris but Lucas is not one of them. Furthermore he didn't want to join Manchester a few years ago when United was much more attractive, why would he do now?

I can only see PSG selling if they can recruit a better alternative, they have sufficient depth forward and there is serious money involved. Seems unlikely to me.
He was reported as saying that he would love to play in the PL a few months back. He's down the pecking order at the moment (Over half his appearances have come off the bench), so with a little prodding, there's no reason why we can't take him. It really depends on who our next manager is going to be though. We will either go big for 1-2 excellent players or divide up the kitty over 3-4 very good players with potential.

ravi2

He won't be unbelievably expensive either. After the AdM deal, I think both parties are more than capable of coming to a fair deal.

He was reported as saying that he would love to play in the PL a few months back. He's down the pecking order at the moment (Over half his appearances have come off the bench), so with a little prodding, there's no reason why we can't take him. It really depends on who our next manager is going to be though. We will either go big for 1-2 excellent players or divide up the kitty over 3-4 very good players with potential.

SAF rated him highly and was prepared to pay the most that he had ever payed to get a youngster to get him only to have leonardo sweep in at the last minute and acquire him for even crazier money. I always wanted him at OT. He and Griezmann would have us challenging again.

pacifictheme

if being a hard worker is all it takes to occupy the RW spot for MUFC maybe a few of us should apply as well
Not saying i agree with lvg but i think thats why he plays. Although i don't see januzaj as an upgrade on lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.