Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
30 year old Willian for 60m ffs. Hope there's nothing to that story.

davidmichael

If Barca buy Willian then I think we should offer them what they paid for Dembele as outside of a fully fit Bale I don’t think there’s anyone more perfect for our right side than Dembele, if Barca buy Willian then I don’t see how Dembele will get game time ahead of Messi or Willian.

Andersons Dietician

If Barca buy Willian then I think we should offer them what they paid for Dembele as outside of a fully fit Bale I don’t think there’s anyone more perfect for our right side than Dembele, if Barca buy Willian then I don’t see how Dembele will get game time ahead of Messi or Willian.
If he was to get to his BVB form tho Willian wouldn’t even get a look in, but for now I do think that would be a good move for us. Problem is he seems to produce his best stuff centrally so he’d be playing a lot like Mata and personally I’m kinda hoping we shift to some sort of Diamond with Sanchez inbehind Lukaku and Martial. Dembele could also play behind or have Sanchez in the front 2 I guess.

However I think Barca have plans for Ousmane and that he will be molded in to possibly more of a midfielder similar to Countinho.

Sigma

People who don't think Willian is worth 60 million. Willian for 60 million or nobody for nothing. Leave us with Mata and Lingard playing out of position on the right for the whole season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

People who don't think Willian is worth 60 million. Willian for 60 million or nobody for nothing. Leave us with Mata and Lingard playing out of position on the right for the whole season.
I’d take no one in that case. Just play Mata.

Devil may care

Lingard offers pretty much the same qualities, he's a slightly better link player and poorer crosser, neither are top drawer and at least we don't have to shell out £50M for Lingard.

Nick.

I've heard that Dembele doesn't like to track back much at Barca. If that's true then I would imagine Mourinho wouldn't be terribly keen on him, this is like a basic requirement for a wide player to play for Mourinho.

tidraKS

Willian would be great. Better 60 million for him than 60 for Perisic.

settembrini

Reading Chelsea and Barcelona forums I see that Chelsea fans are very happy to sell William if they get a decent fee and Barcelona fans are almost entirely against buying him.

Andersons Dietician

Willian would be great. Better 60 million for him than 60 for Perisic.
Kinda like deciding to cut off your left foot or your right foot really. I think we will probably end up with one of these and my reaction will be the same as when we signed Fellaini.

@Judas true but then quite a few from our fan base seem alright with the idea of selling Pogba, so... i’m Not sure it’s that great of an indicator. They could just be acting out like many of ours as they perceive he wants to leave therefore be dammed.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Kinda like deciding to cut off your left foot or your right foot really. I think we will probably end up with one of these and my reaction will be the same as when we signed Fellaini.
With the exception of them being in a position we need and better than what we have. The only need Fellaini was signed for was Moyes' ineptitude.

If you have some shit-hot available RW's in your notes I am sure Ed and Mou would be glad to hear it.

Devil may care

I've heard that Dembele doesn't like to track back much at Barca. If that's true then I would imagine Mourinho wouldn't be terribly keen on him, this is like a basic requirement for a wide player to play for Mourinho.
This sums up the problem with Mourinho as United manager in a nutshell, tracking back should never be a deciding factor for an attacking player.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I've now seen two YouTube compilations of this Chiesa fellow from Fiorentina, and I've decided we should sign him.

beingshe7don

The RW conundrum... not sure when will this be sorted out. It does not take a genius to notice that all our attack has been from the left side or central midfield. The LBs who play against us are as good as smoking a cigar the enter the game since Valencia offers nothing going forward and ALL our right wingers cut inside.... and that includes Lingard as well. It's like someone's got some voodoo going on the RW and no one is supposed to hug the touchline and put in a proper cross for Lukaku to attack.

I'm not sure how proactive Jose is about getting the players he requires to succeed? But clearly if the list was provided and the players haven't been signed with 19 days to go, that would make me want to raise hell. For 3+ seasons, we've noticed that our left back situation has been pretty crappy. I'm not sure what wasn't that one of the biggest agenda items. LB should have been wrapped up before the World Cup so that we could focus on getting a CB, RW and another possible CM

tidraKS

I don’t really understand why people don’t rate Willian when he’s been chosen Chelsea player’s player of the year last season even though his relationship with Conte was broken and he didn’t play too much. He’s really great in my opinion and he would make us contenders.

devil in me

I don’t really understand why people don’t rate Willian when he’s been chosen Chelsea player’s player of the year last season even though his relationship with Conte was broken and he didn’t play too much. He’s really great in my opinion and he would make us contenders.
Same. We should be doing all we can if there's a chance, especially considering we have no natural RW in the squad.

haram

This sums up the problem with Mourinho as United manager in a nutshell, tracking back should never be a deciding factor for an attacking player.
It's not just about tracking back. It's being able to pick up the ball in deeper positions and initiating effective transitions. People keep bringing up wide players but none of them are better than Willian at this. Willian also knows what Mourinho wants in transitions.

Perisic, Fred, Pogba, Willian would have been very effective in transitions. Oh well.

Andersons Dietician

With the exception of them being in a position we need and better than what we have. The only need Fellaini was signed for was Moyes' ineptitude.

If you have some shit-hot available RW's in your notes I am sure Ed and Mou would be glad to hear it.
I do but I’m leaning towards the we don’t need one sort of area.

Sanche7

Ryan giggs scouted him along with Jesus. 5m could have landed him as per his quotes.
Not sure that true. Jesus maybe but not Mbappe. City had a bid of 40 million pounds rejected the summer before the season he started turning heads at Monaco. The guys who run Monaco know a talent when they see one

Status
Not open for further replies.