Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetoTTT

Alexis as RW, Perisic or Fekir playmaker on the right side (like Zidane on the left, Silva for City) switching positions with Lingard at SS.

Kostov

Honestly its pretty shocking how long this has been an issue and that it hasnt been addressed in the slightest. What the feck have the management been doing last season that they couldn't figure out a group of targets and all but secure transfers before the window opened? Just so fecking inept. We seriously have to be the worst run big club in the world since Fergie left.

We literally have nobody who is even competent for the right, but have 3 left wingers and 2 #10's. And then people start saying we should play pretty much our only #9 on the right because he can cut in and cross it pretty well... even though we'd then have no striker that Mourinho likes. Awful planning.
This.

RW should have been a priority position to strengthen. Nothing as of yet, it’s fecking pathetic.

People thinking LB is more important are forgetting the fact that we don’t have a single RW in this squad, despite spending an awful lot of money in the last couple of years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't understand why we're not bidding for the Enrico Chiesa's boy. He's the Perisic like winger Mou loves and he's a natural RW as well.

Champagne Football

I wouldn't be surprised if Martial kicks on and makes RW his own this season.

I think the board are telling Jose he needs to offload Martial if he wants Willian and no one is going to pay the 100 million that Ed values him at.

Jose's 3 possible targets Willian, Bale and Perisic are looking less likely each day.

Bradley Leach

I think we should go with
RASHFORD/MARTIAL - LUKAKU - SANCHEZ
with Rashford and Martial rotating on the left, I don't care if we bought Sanchez for the left, he hasn't shown enough quality there to justify displacing 2 younger wingers. Plus we had our best spells of the season with swapping our left wingers before we bought Sanchez, at the start of the season both Rashford and Martial had a purple patch because they were subbing and swapping and were unpredictable and we need to get back to that.

Kidders

with Rashford and Martial rotating on the left, I don't care if we bought Sanchez for the left, he hasn't shown enough quality there to justify displacing 2 younger wingers. Plus we had our best spells of the season with swapping our left wingers before we bought Sanchez, at the start of the season both Rashford and Martial had a purple patch because they were subbing and swapping and were unpredictable and we need to get back to that.
Bravo, I could'nt agree more

Vagene

I thought we bought Sanchez in January to play on the right, how wrong was I?!
He made his name playing as right forward why he he play there now all of a sudden

Martial —- Lukaku —— Sanchez

Johan07

We will start the season with Mata on the RW, Valencia and Young as full-backs.
This. With the caveat that Shaw might get the first game against Leicester due to Youngs late return cause of the WC. I wouldnt be surprised if Mou starts Young anyways though, especially if Shaw doesnt perform in the US.

Martial upfront and Sanchez to the left.

Smalling and Bailly to start as CBs. Matic, Herrera locked in for midfield. Last midfieldspot open. Maybe Fred will get an earlier oppurtunity than I had expected myself. Or it will be Mc T. Mourinho will start an experienced team.

And we will not buy a RW if Bale isnt made available.

Last edited:

meamth

Fred will be our main attacking point on the right. So in theory we won't be signing a right winger.

I think this video explained it really well and I believe this is the way forward.

Johan07

Fred will be our main attacking point on the right. So in theory we won't be signing a right winger.

I think this video explained it really well and I believe this is the way forward.
Dont be surprised if Mourinho actually plays Fred at RW to begin with while he is adapting to the league. And plays Fellaini or McT at CM instead. It will probably drive the Caf mad, but I would not be surprised at all.

meamth

Dont be surprised if Mourinho actually plays Fred at RW to begin with while he is adapting to the league. And plays Fellaini or McT at CM instead. It will probably drive the Caf mad, but I would not be surprised at all.
Fred is rather pacy for a midfield player and his real weapon is actually his capability of using both feet.

Look at how he is capable of swinging the ball with both of his feet. Good stuff, really.

diarm

I read earlier that we've only signed two right wingers in the last ten years. Valencia and Zaha.

Seems incredible considering the history of the position at this club and the fact we haven't had any youngsters come through on the right. Hopefully Chong is about to buck that trend.

SER19

The only way it’s acceptable for us to not sign an attacking right sided winger is if mourinho is planning for a 352 with Valencia as a full back.

padzilla

Hipster
That still wouldn't be acceptable seeing as Valencia is incapable of crossing the ball.
Remember when he first joined us and Rooney couldn't stop scoring headers from Valencia crosses? What happened to that guy (both of them in fact)?

tidraKS

We can maybe go for Andreas Pereira :). He has the technique, good shots and crosses (especially for Lukaku), his speed is pretty good, so why not? He will have chances in US, as he should be a starter and hopefully he'll take them.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
it doesn't works

Judas

Open to offers
Remember when he first joined us and Rooney couldn't stop scoring headers from Valencia crosses? What happened to that guy (both of them in fact)?
It’s really weird, I’m sure Beckham can still can cross a ball for example, I didn’t think it was a skill you can lose. Valencia’s whole technique has deminished.

Robbo*

We can maybe go for Andreas Pereira :). He has the technique, good shots and crosses (especially for Lukaku), his speed is pretty good, so why not? He will have chances in US, as he should be a starter and hopefully he'll take them.
I think starting with Pereira until Lingard is back is a good idea (assuming we don't buy anyone) - and we can include Chong on the bench for certain games if he performs well on tour.

Deechii

With every single day I hope just to be somebody who has the words "RW" in his CV.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Where did that Coman boy disappear.
True I haven't been watching more than English league, but haven't heard anything of him recently.
Ancelotti didn‘t know what to do with him. Looked really promising under Heynckes and then got injured and missed the World Cup.

PoTMS

We will start the season with Mata on the RW, Valencia and Young as full-backs.
Absolutely ridiculous. Although I've accepted it now - unless, we seem to pull Bale and Alex Sandro out of our ass, we seem to have no ambition.

AndyJ1985

I think starting with Pereira until Lingard is back is a good idea (assuming we don't buy anyone) - and we can include Chong on the bench for certain games if he performs well on tour.
Pereira, Lingard and Chong. We're going to rip the league apart

Alabaster Codify7

Absolutely ridiculous. Although I've accepted it now - unless, we seem to pull Bale and Alex Sandro out of our ass, we seem to have no ambition.

It's terrifyingly true. I think the plan was to hold out for 'our marquee signing' Bale so Woodward could play it Barry Big Balls in front of the sponsors etc, but once that started to fade we've decided to just go with what we have.

NoPace

If we've signed Fred play a bit to the right I'd like to see Lukaku a bit shading right too and Martial getting a crack in a sort of Cristiano for Madrid goalscorer off the left role. Let Sanchez play as a 10 even if it's not ideal, and if you want one less attacker in some games have Sanchez and Martial fight for the Cristiano job and pick Lingard or Fellaini as a 10 to annoy Jorginho or give us an aerial option against City or Liverpool's press or whatever ugly but effective thing Mourinho tends to come up with.

Henry Gaervell

No need to go for anyone.

We can just play a slow and physically limited Mata completly out of position and allow him to drift inwards, while compketely disjointing our attack down the left so it's easy to defend against.

Meanwhile, a struggling Valencia can labour down the flank, trying to do two jobs badly.

I mean it worked so well last season that Jose and the board would be foolish to try and fix something that is clearly not broken

Ban

I don't get the criticism Ed gets. Since Jose has come he made one marquee signing if you consider Pogba a marquee signing. I don't see him obsesses with those kind of signings at all. And Bale stuff might just be made up cause it sells.

Saying all that he'd be a risky buy but if healthy and firing would be a great one. Big if tho.

bucky

I don't get the criticism Ed gets. Since Jose has come he made one marquee signing if you consider Pogba a marquee signing. I don't see him obsesses with those kind of signings at all. And Bale stuff might just be made up cause it sells.

Saying all that he'd be a risky buy but if healthy and firing would be a great one. Big if tho.
Ibrahimovic definitely was one. Lukaku, considering his fee, is another IMO.

Agree about your point though, I feel like Woodward has mostly done what managers asked him to do.

minoo-utd

Another year it seems without a proper R.W. is that so hard to find for a club like Manchester United? Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.