Rio Ferdinand advises Harry Kane to move on

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs not making the CL + transfer request will see us get Kane for around £130m. Spurs will need the money for stadium and for team revamp. They will not be in a strong position to negotiate.
Your post consists of two hypotheticals - no CL football for Spurs + Kane transfer request - and two flimsy predictions, the first linked to the second ("Spurs need money for stadium").

But in fact Spurs don't and won't need money for our stadium. This is because the stadium finance has already been sorted on excellent terms via a bond scheme that gives the club access to very low interest rates (an average of just 2.66%) and staggered maturities of between 15 and 30 years (meaning minimal impact on the club's ability to spend money on the playing squad in the next few years).

Jeffthered

We would need an absolute corker of a season to even get close to his thinking. Also, I think he will go abroad. All of Europe's top teams would take him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
At some point surely transfer fees will calm down? Right? :lol:

Players will just see out their contracts at this rate

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Spurs not making the CL + transfer request will see us get Kane for around £130m. Spurs will need the money for stadium and for team revamp. They will not be in a strong position to negotiate.
Even if that were true, and I suspect it isn't, you have completely ignored he is probably one of the most sought after strikers in the world and all the top clubs will be putting in bids. He would be able to go just about anywhere he wanted and a midtable club in England will not be his first choice.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If it comes to Kane wanting to leave Spurs for some reason the only way I could see him join United is if Poch is our manager and/or no other big clubs wants him or can afford him.

It's been 14 months since he signed a 5 year contract so money won't be the reason that he'd want to leave Spurs next summer. In that short of a time I can't imagine United be in a better shape regarding title contentions than Spurs. At the moment this prospect is highly unlikely.

romufc

Kane doesn't strike me as the type of guy that wants to leave Spurs. Even if he did I'm pretty sure he would leave the country to avoid competing against his old club. He has been very loyal to Spurs when he could have negotiated a much more lucrative deal elsewhere.

Would he go to Utd? Would any decent player at the moment? Utd are in a downward spiral and attracting quality players is getting harder and harder. They could possibly afford some quality but so many top players have gone there in recent years and failed miserably. When his contract is up he will be looking for silverware and sorry guys, it happening at Utd at the moment.
This is quite funny coming from a Chelsea fan.

How many players have gone to Chelsea and failed?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Kane doesn't strike me as the type of guy that wants to leave Spurs. Even if he did I'm pretty sure he would leave the country to avoid competing against his old club. He has been very loyal to Spurs when he could have negotiated a much more lucrative deal elsewhere.

Would he go to Utd? Would any decent player at the moment? Utd are in a downward spiral and attracting quality players is getting harder and harder. They could possibly afford some quality but so many top players have gone there in recent years and failed miserably. When his contract is up he will be looking for silverware and sorry guys, it happening at Utd at the moment.
Yeah, we will play championship next year.

Just hate when opposition fans come here just to wind resident fans up. Better off staying in your forums where you can pass comments like this.

Suv666

He'd be too expensive. Even the likes of PSG and Real will think twice before signing him. Probably £180m-£200m. Cant see him leaving Spurs for at least 2-3 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone think he'd be totally average for us? Unless we bought some vaguely creative types in too?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Clearly, you can't recall your OWN comment. The reason you bothered to respond is you are making alot of this up.

800k for Sanchez, a figure you pull out the air.

Affording Kane and Sancho then denying what you said.
Can you not fecking read?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Insulting another member
The fact that you keep avoiding giving backup shows you are the one actually struggling to read.
right let me humour you seeing as you're being a complete an utter ****

You claim I said none of our rivals can afford Kane NONE. I didn't say that, I said very few can. That's not me saying none can is it dipshit

The 800k for Sanchez was clearly a tongue in cheek comment which I thought was blatantly obvious given my side mark of - I think that's the figure this week. Obviously sarcasm can be added to the seemingly endless list of things that aren't your strong suit

I'm not avoiding anything just people like you aren't worth wasting my time on but alas let's do this because you're annoying me now

UnitedChampionsAgain

Past his best now and not worth the crazy fee Spurs would be asking, not that he would want to come to United anyway. He's not the goal machine he was a few years ago.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Yeah, we will play championship next year.

Just hate when opposition fans come here just to wind resident fans up. Better off staying in your forums where you can pass comments like this.

I'm not here to just to wind up resident fans and this thread isn't in the Utd section anyway. Sorry you feel like this but feel free to counter any comments I have made. I think a lot of Utd fans feel the club are in bad place at the moment so my comments aren't that far off the mark. I fully accept that things could change at Utd and they may become more of an attractive proposition but right now I think most top class players would definitely think twice before signing for Utd.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Past his best now and not worth the crazy fee Spurs would be asking, not that he would want to come to United anyway. He's not the goal machine he was a few years ago.

Very ignorant comment. He is not 'past his best', at all. He's scoring less because the team is creating less, but his all round game is better than ever and in a better environment (England) his goalscoring record is superb.

Kane is a better player than he was a few years ago. Much better. If you focus purely on the goalscoring then you'll miss the rest of his game, which has improved immeasurably.

romufc

right let me humour you seeing as you're being a complete an utter ****

You claim I said none of our rivals can afford Kane NONE. I didn't say that, I said very few can. That's not me saying none can is it dipshit

The 800k for Sanchez was clearly a tongue in cheek comment which I thought was blatantly obvious given my side mark of - I think that's the figure this week. Obviously sarcasm can be added to the seemingly endless list of things that aren't your strong suit

I'm not avoiding anything just people like you aren't worth wasting my time on but alas let's do this because you're annoying me now

Thanks, that was very insightful :)

I am humoured. :lol::lol:

cyberman

Agree with this. Ever since he's turned into a number 10 wannabe he's lost a little something for me.
Still a grrat player but he's fallen from being the next big goalscorer after Messi / Ronaldo

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Agree with this. Ever since he's turned into a number 10 wannabe he's lost a little something for me.
Still a grrat player but he's fallen from being the next big goalscorer after Messi / Ronaldo
Wannabe? He's the most creative player for both club and country. How is that being a 'wannabe' ???

edcunited1878

What's that based on?
His interaction with the English press, his captaincy of England, life in London, and he has to make a big personal decision to uproot his family to an entirely different culture/world and take on that burden to deliver for himself, the club and his family. That's a lot of pressure, self-belief, arrogance that I'm not sure he has. Staying at Spurs, being coddled, etc. shows that there is another step for him, another big challenge. Is he willing to take it on?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Because hes not a number 10?
So? He's clearly got everything needed to play that deeper role, and he's more influential for his teammates as a result.

Kane for England in that Firminoesque role is immense, the hub of the side. For Spurs we're a bit dysfunctional but his link up play and influence is always felt.

Would he score more in a different role? Yes, but you'd miss out on everything else he does well for a team. It's what makes him pretty much the perfect striker, he can do both. Most sides aren't playing with an out an out #10 now, so its a great help to have a striker who can drop a bit and create for others around him.

cyberman

So? He's clearly got everything needed to play that deeper role, and he's more influential for his teammates as a result.

Kane for England in that Firminoesque role is immense, the hub of the side. For Spurs we're a bit dysfunctional but his link up play and influence is always felt.

Would he score more in a different role? Yes, but you'd miss out on everything else he does well for a team. It's what makes him pretty much the perfect striker, he can do both. Most sides aren't playing with an out an out #10 now, so its a great help to have a striker who can drop a bit and create for others around him.
But the better he has become in that role, the more the actual creative players behind him as suffered.
Who can Eriksen etc constsntly hit if its Kane giving them the through ball?
I saw it with Rooney when he started going here there and everywhere as a 9. He played well but the team structre suffered and Sir Alex took him out of the 9 position altogether.
Fans will wake up to this eventually.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
But the better he has become in that role, the more the actual creative players behind him as suffered.
Who can Eriksen etc constsntly hit if its Kane giving them the through ball?
I saw it with Rooney when he started going here there and everywhere as a 9. He played well but the team structre suffered and Sir Alex took him out of the 9 position altogether.
Fans will wake up to this eventually.

The creative players behind him aren't suffering. They have Son playing more advanced, or Lucas. Also the likes of Alli and Lamela if they're on the pitch. Do Liverpool suffer because Firmino is in that striker/#10 role? No, because Salah and Mane play advanced roles and give Liverpool the runs in behind.

For England, Kane is the central hub with Sancho/Sterling making darting runs in behind, and it works perfectly. What we really need (potentially) is another player other than Son to add another dynamic, because Lucas and Son don't seem to play very well together, and Lucas is inconsistent. Kane is far from being the issue, and far from causing the team to suffer.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, watch England play any of our recent qualifiers and tell me who our creative hub is. Everything goes through Kane, he's the one receiving the ball, spraying it out wide or putting players through. Against Bulgaria he had a hattrick of assists and it could easily have been five.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very ignorant comment. He is not 'past his best', at all. He's scoring less because the team is creating less, but his all round game is better than ever and in a better environment (England) his goalscoring record is superb.

Kane is a better player than he was a few years ago. Much better. If you focus purely on the goalscoring then you'll miss the rest of his game, which has improved immeasurably.
I remember a few years ago v Chelsea, he utterly annihilated their defence with a great run and finish. I've not seen him do anything like it since.
Now that may have been a one off, but back then it felt like he was a lot more of a threat.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Yeah, watch England play any of our recent qualifiers and tell me who our creative hub is. Everything goes through Kane, he's the one receiving the ball, spraying it out wide or putting players through. Against Bulgaria he had a hattrick of assists and it could easily have been five.
Focal point or most creative player?

norm87cro

I would rather have a go for some unknown creative midfielder and Pukki then Eriksen and Kane. He is proven quality but with a right set up that we currently don't have.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Definitely doesn't play it down. Wonder if this is orchestrated by the old guard.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'm not here to just to wind up resident fans and this thread isn't in the Utd section anyway. Sorry you feel like this but feel free to counter any comments I have made. I think a lot of Utd fans feel the club are in bad place at the moment so my comments aren't that far off the mark. I fully accept that things could change at Utd and they may become more of an attractive proposition but right now I think most top class players would definitely think twice before signing for Utd.
So Would any decent player goto United ? If you didnt know, we were offered Dybala this summer but we chose to stop going that route. We signed Sanchez very recently when we were doing much worse.

So let's just cut this crap of justifying your "windup" post . You can continue what you are doing. As long as you accept you are wumming , we can just move on.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
We have a chance of signing him, as much as some can't see past their nose.

1. He might not want to live abroad.
2. There's not many teams that can afford him and will pay the big wages.
3. We can sell the rebuild that he'd be a big part of.

Worst comes to worst he gets more money and doesn't win anything, so it beats Spurs right off the bat, which is where he'd probably spend his whole career if things were all rosy there.
All fair and valid points. So is him staying at Spurs (even if they never win anything) and achieving legend status for being a one club man. Can see him prefer living in London as well.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs would have to miss out on CL for this to be remotely feasible, and even then, we would be competing against everyone for his signature. Why come here to Ole's rebuild when he could walk into the RM team and start amassing tophies?

Needham

Don't see it happening. Unless you are a very young talent or City don't come in for you OT is seen as an elephant's graveyard at the moment.

TrustInOle

First Rio, then Keane. now Ole...
Groundwork being placed hopefully, if he stays in England, your only really looking at City and United that's viable, and he doesn't strike me as a Pep kinda striker. Fingers crossed, cause he would be a HUGE game changer.

CM

This one's a non starter. Kane would have to be mental to come here and we'd have to be mental to pay what Spurs want for him.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
If Kane had an ounce of ambition he would leave Spurs. He could walk into most teams around the world and actually win trophies. He can’t retire on a couple of golden boots. What a waste of talent that would be.

tonnas

This one's a non starter. Kane would have to be mental to come here and we'd have to be mental to pay what Spurs want for him.
it all depends how we do this season and how spurs will do. If we keep up the pool performance then thing MIGHT change. Also, Spurs arent looking nailed on on CL spot, add to the fact that Eriksen and co will leave..

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nobody will pay what Spurs want without him kicking up a fuss.

Players will start running their contracts down before they are sold for the incredible fees their clubs are asking for them.