Rio Ferdinand advises Harry Kane to move on

El Zoido

How much would Harry Kane even cost? Premium to United would be approaching a world record fee. It’s a non-starter. It’d be good for his career to move (though probably not if it’s to us), but he’ll surely just stay at Spurs.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know it sounds insane given his constant brilliant goal numbers every season but I honestly don’t think he’s anywhere near world class and would be horribly exposed if he got his crazy money move.

If he moved to let’s say Madrid I can see him coming back with his tail in between his legs registering single digits.
You’re absolutely correct.

That does sound insane.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is good in a small club where he is a main man where things are built around him. Will he be able to do that in the biggest stages like RM barca or Juve?
It must be killing him to know that he may never find out.
Really still? Have a word with yourself mate. I cant even start to tell you what a mess of a post that is.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He is good in a small club where he is a main man where things are built around him. Will he be able to do that in the biggest stages like RM barca or Juve?
It must be killing him to know that he may never find out.
I wouldn't describe Spurs as a small club - they're one of England's traditional glamour clubs. They just had a very long fallow period (cups aside).

And he'd scored goals anywhere.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane will move on only if/when Kane wants to move on, its not a matter of how much as I doubt Levy would sell him if he didn't want to leave.

romufc

It's like the Sancho thread, everyone assumes all our rivals will want these same players as us and are willing to pay the same amount as we are when the reality is they may want them but very few are willing to pay what we are

Same way you are assuming that United want them and would pay the money?

What over the last few years has shown you we are willing to pay £200m for Kane?

Liverpool - Spend £0 this summer so they could easily spend £100m on a player next summer. They could sell Salah for £150m and get Sancho.

Chelsea - Got £100m for CHO and with transfer ban this year have the money to spend next summer

Both alot more attractive than united.

redshaw

I don't see him coming to United, there would have to be a huge change in both clubs prospects and I don't see the Spurs situation as that bad yet and United have been slowly sinking for 7 years and show no signs of stopping.

Things can change fast in football though with new manager appointments.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Same way you are assuming that United want them and would pay the money?

What over the last few years has shown you we are willing to pay £200m for Kane?

Liverpool - Spend £0 this summer so they could easily spend £100m on a player next summer. They could sell Salah for £150m and get Sancho.

Chelsea - Got £100m for CHO and with transfer ban this year have the money to spend next summer

Both alot more attractive than united.
Oh I dont know 89m for Pogba? 80m for Maguire? Giving Sanchez 800k a week (I think that's the figure this week). Our board will 100% pay what it takes to get Sancho and you can guarantee should Kane become available they'd pay what it took to get him as well

romufc

Oh I dont know 89m for Pogba? 80m for Maguire? Giving Sanchez 800k a week (I think that's the figure this week). Our board will 100% pay what it takes to get Sancho and you can guarantee should Kane become available they'd pay what it took to get him as well
Ohh so we are the only team to pay that?

Erm.. £60m for Kepa £70m for Morata

Erm.. £75m for VVD £60m for Allison £50m for Keita

There is NO chance our board pay for Sancho and Kane in one window.. you must be deluded if you think they would.

charlenefan

Ohh so we are the only team to pay that?

Erm.. £60m for Kepa £70m for Morata

Erm.. £75m for VVD £60m for Allison £50m for Keita

There is NO chance our board pay for Sancho and Kane in one window.. you must be deluded if you think they would.
Ok so firstly your argument is to list teams who have paid less for players than us as proof they'd match our offers? Laughable response

Secondly where did I say we'd buy both Sancho and Kane in the same window?

You may think I'm deluded but you may want to give up yourself at this point

romufc

Ok so firstly your argument is to list teams who have paid less for players than us as proof they'd match our offers? Laughable response

Secondly where did I say we'd buy both Sancho and Kane in the same window?

You may think I'm deluded but you may want to give up yourself at this point
I am responding to the fact that you mentioned none of our rivals can afford Sancho.. considering they all would spend that money, there wont be many on here who think Liverpoo, Chelsea or City cannot afford Sancho.

800k a week for sanchez? have you got any backing to that, or is it something you are making up?

"Our board will 100% pay what it takes to get Sancho and you can guarantee should Kane become available they'd pay what it took to get him as well"

Became available? what do you expect? Football manager where Daniel Levy puts Kane on the transfer market? Also, it would take in excess of £200m to get Kane, you absolutely cannot guarantee our board will pay that for one player.

Kostov

If there is a chance and he is willing to come, he's probably one of the few players that could transform our team. However we are talking about 200m transfer fee, which I can't see us paying.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I don't think he'd be £200m, I reckon around £135m and the buyer gets him, if Spurs don't finish top 4 then you may get him a bit cheaper, say £110m

arthurka

He will go but he will go abroad, Madrid being a place where he has always dreamed of playing..

Fosu-Mens

Played too many games injured or rushed back from injury. Serious concern over his ankle. He has not looked fit for almost two seasons and played far too many minutes that it makes me wonder if this will cause an earlier decline than one would normally expect.
This is dependent on price, but us spending a majority of our assumed budget on a single striker is not the right approach for this "rebuild.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Played too many games injured or rushed back from injury. Serious concern over his ankle. He has not looked fit for almost two seasons and played far too many minutes that it makes me wonder if this will cause an earlier decline than one would normally expect.
This is dependent on price, but us spending a majority of our assumed budget on a single striker is not the right approach for this "rebuild.
Is there? Does he?

PyroMan

Spurs not making the CL + transfer request will see us get Kane for around £130m. Spurs will need the money for stadium and for team revamp. They will not be in a strong position to negotiate.

charlenefan

I am responding to the fact that you mentioned none of our rivals can afford Sancho.. considering they all would spend that money, there wont be many on here who think Liverpoo, Chelsea or City cannot afford Sancho.

800k a week for sanchez? have you got any backing to that, or is it something you are making up?

"Our board will 100% pay what it takes to get Sancho and you can guarantee should Kane become available they'd pay what it took to get him as well"

Became available? what do you expect? Football manager where Daniel Levy puts Kane on the transfer market? Also, it would take in excess of £200m to get Kane, you absolutely cannot guarantee our board will pay that for one player.
No I didn't and given you're just now making things up I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bro take out the tottenham tinted glasses out and see it as it is. Sorry didn't mean to sound disrespectful. It is what it is.
Take out my glasses to where? Your talking shite, I don't give a shit if you see us as a small club that's just a reflection on your lack of knowledge. However you are questioning a player who has scored goals consistently for club and country for 3-4 seasons, the team isn't even built round him....

romufc

It's like the Sancho thread, everyone assumes all our rivals will want these same players as us and are willing to pay the same amount as we are when the reality is they may want them but very few are willing to pay what we are
No I didn't and given you're just now making things up I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post
Clearly, you can't recall your OWN comment. The reason you bothered to respond is you are making alot of this up.

800k for Sanchez, a figure you pull out the air.

Affording Kane and Sancho then denying what you said.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't think he'd be £200m, I reckon around £135m and the buyer gets him, if Spurs don't finish top 4 then you may get him a bit cheaper, say £110m
Joao Felix moved this Summer for 126m EUR. Kane has a contract till 2024. It's Levy you are dealing with.

Champagne Football

I'm certain Kane is never coming here. The board will be looking at Greenwood and thinking he might be ready to make a consistent impact in around a year.

They're not gonna splash out 200 million when they have a super kid for the same position coming through.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If Kane leaves it will blow the current world record fee out of the water - likely to be £200 million+

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs not making the CL + transfer request will see us get Kane for around £130m. Spurs will need the money for stadium and for team revamp. They will not be in a strong position to negotiate.
Is this some kind of fantasy scenario, or do you genuinely believe this will happen?

Because I don't know how deep some of these delusions actually go.

Hughes35

I cannot see this happening at all. Too much money and Utd are in such a mess right now I can't see any top player wanting to come.

I honestly believe Kane would flop here. Not because he's not good enough or anything like that. Purely because he is a goal scorer and we don't give any service. He would be completly starved of chances.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Joao Felix moved this Summer for 126m EUR. Kane has a contract till 2024. It's Levy you are dealing with.
I get that but that was in part for the Money Atletico got for Greizemann, I think for a £150m+ fee to be achieved then whoever buys would have to be selling current prized assets to get him and it would be an enormous merry go round to get to that point, he's going to be 27 at the end of the season and to achieve £150m+ I really think he'll need to score 25+ goals this season and prove his fitness over the season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
For me, yes I have worries about his injuries as a potential (however unlikely) transfer target.
He has looked slower than before, with no jump in his step. And is better suited to a possessionoriented team than the counter attacking setup MUFC seems to prefer.
All his ankle injuries have came from his own fault and are impact injuries, its not like he has pulled up randomly. As a pivot up front on the break Kane would be awesome.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Got to give it to you guys. Some of you are incredibly positive when it comes to transfers. Kane is not coming here. That is all.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Manchester United's net worth is a bit under $4bn

Kane would go for, let's say $200m

5% of our net worth.

Let's say we'd have to spend at least that again twice over to sort out the rest of the squad.

I'd have to say it's worth it. If we don't, United will slip and slip and slip.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Kane doesn't strike me as the type of guy that wants to leave Spurs. Even if he did I'm pretty sure he would leave the country to avoid competing against his old club. He has been very loyal to Spurs when he could have negotiated a much more lucrative deal elsewhere.

Would he go to Utd? Would any decent player at the moment? Utd are in a downward spiral and attracting quality players is getting harder and harder. They could possibly afford some quality but so many top players have gone there in recent years and failed miserably. When his contract is up he will be looking for silverware and sorry guys, it happening at Utd at the moment.