Rio Ferdinand inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame

AlPistacho

Terrific CB. Arguably the premier leagues greatest.
Tough call. I think he was playing in an era when the prem gave more credit to CB’s whose defending stood out more. Eg Vidic, or Terry. But definitely one of the best european style CB’s

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
It's easy when you played for a very dominant club under the greatest manager partnering with another best CB and the best goalkeeper. :D

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Best CB I've seen at United and we've had our fair share of quality centrebacks ie Bruce, Pallister, Vidic, Jaap, Prunier etc.
Lololol at Prunier. Bravo.

Rio wasn’t better than Jaap though. That guy was Rio and Vida in one.

bringbackbebe

Really? Seems obvious why he wouldn't be in there at this moment.
I can't think of a more deserving candidate. Surprised he's judged by what's happening in his personal life. It's the equivalent of not having Tiger Woods in golf hall of fame.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Well deserved, such a great footballing defender that always seem to stay on his feet. I actually though he was already in this, so its long overdue.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I can't think of a more deserving candidate. Surprised he's judged by what's happening in his personal life. It's the equivalent of not having Tiger Woods in golf hall of fame.
From a footballing perspective for sure. They are probably waiting on the outcome of his current legal issue and understandably so.

Baxquux

Completely agree
If it was just about 'personal morality' and accusations of cheating or general bad behaviour outside of football, then, I agree, nonsense to keep him out. But they're not going to induct someone whilst that person has active criminal charges hanging over them....

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Ooh, I think I prefer Rio over Jaap. It'll be a tie for me though regarding Rio and Vidic.
Yeah I’d take the latter twos careers at United over again as a guarantee. Jaap was the better single season though in my opinion. He was the perfect centre half.

PSV

Would put both Vidic and Stam over him, but he's English and was always going to get in before them.

I think Cech should be thankful they didn't nominate David James or Joe Hart.

Blood Mage

Well deserved, probably our best ever CB. Talent wise up there with Baresi, Nesta and Maldini but maybe without their longevity and consistency.

ForrestPower

I’ve often thought that people underrated Rio’s brilliance when I’ve read that they think Vidic was better than him. His positioning was so good that he didn’t need to make a lot of the tackles that Vidic did. Best defender of the PL era in his prime. Effortlessly immaculate.

gregwar

Well deserved, can't split him and Vidic. Stam would be in there too if he was here for longer.

All incredible centre halves.

Huddsred

Probably the most talented English defender since Bobby Moore and his trophy cabinet speaks for itself. Fully deserved.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I hate the term Rolls Royce of a defender used in football because I think only Rio deserves that title. It fits him perfectly. He had it all didn’t he.

CaseHero

Rio the best of the British and globally I'd say Nesta was the only rival.

Rio was silky and never needed to rely on pace too much due to great positional sense and reading of the game. Would not surprise me if had some Italian blood in him. Rolls Royce player.

Adams, Mcgrath, Carvelho were my other favourites, all ballers. I think King could of been great without the injuries. Sol, Terry, Vidic solid players but relied on brute strength, courage and athleticism to keep amongst it.