g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RiP's guide to Euro 2016 in Frogland

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Love the post. Got 3 games... Romania - Albania in Lyon (which I might pass), Sweden - Belgium in Nice & a pre-QF in Paris.

@Rooney in Paris Is it worth visiting Monaco or Cannes for a day while I'm down in Nice?
Mmmmh well I'm not a huge fan of those cities tbh, if you're going to do them maybe Cannes more than Monaco (Monaco is soulless for me), but my advice would be more to push across the border and go into Italy for a little bit!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's prep time I reckon seeing as pretty much every Icelander that wants to go will get tickets (don't think we filled out quota). I ordered the 'follow your team' package for the group stage so I'll be visiting St. Etienne (14th), Marseille (18th) and Stade de France (22nd).

What do you (@Rooney in Paris ) think is the best option here? Go straight to Marseille and take the train for the 1st game? Stay in St. Etienne to begin with then Marseille then Paris? I haven't checked the prices yet but I imagine I'll be primarily be staying via AirBnB because of the price. My guess is that the rate for a week in one place will be cheaper than a few days in two. Just don't know if it's viable to travel to and from the same day. The game is at 21 in St. Etienne so getting there in time won't be a problem I reckon.

Last edited:

Maxii

Paad
Any Irish lads who applied for tickets had any word today? I've heard a lot of peoples accounts have been charged for tickets but there's nothing on mine yet :(:(. Hopefully they've only got through some of the successful applications!

Rooney in Paris

Scout
It's prep time I reckon seeing as pretty much every Icelander that wants to go will get tickets (don't think we filled out quota). I ordered the 'follow your team' package for the group stage so I'll be visiting St. Etienne (14th), Marseille (18th) and Stade de France (22nd).

What do you (@Rooney in Paris ) think is the best option here? Go straight to Marseille and take the train for the 1st game? Stay in St. Etienne to begin with then Marseille then Paris? I haven't checked the prices yet but I imagine I'll be primarily be staying via AirBnB because of the price. My guess is that the rate for a week in one place will be cheaper than a few days in two. Just don't know if it's viable to travel to and from the same day. The game is at 21 in St. Etienne so getting there in time won't be a problem I reckon.
I'd recommend staying in Marseille. I'm not sure about the rates being cheaper for a week (St Etienne is a small town that's not too touristic, so rates would be quite cheap I think), but it's just a much nicer city with more to do in the town itself and around. Also, if you're going for Airbnbs, home owners are more inclined to accept your application if you're staying longer. So I'd say stay in Marseille, just go to St Etienne a bit early the day of the game so you get to see the city center a bit but don't stay there (maybe just get a cheap hotel for the night as the game is at 9 and you probably won't be able to get a train back to Marseille after the game).

Also, as soon as you can make arrangements... book everything! I'm going to Marseille for the England Russia game on June 11th, I started looking at hotels a month ago: hardly anything was left and what was still available was horribly expensive. Started asking for Airbnbs, I got quite a few refusals, either cos they'd already rented them, or because I was just staying a night and they wanted to favour people staying for a longer period. I found something finally, but I was surprised at how early everything was booked. So trains, accommodation, plane tickets... don't wait!

Same in Paris, there's a bigger offer with more hotels and more airbnbs, but I definitely wouldn't wait too long.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't accept this frog land thing. Name calling is so childish

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Any Irish lads who applied for tickets had any word today? I've heard a lot of peoples accounts have been charged for tickets but there's nothing on mine yet :(:(. Hopefully they've only got through some of the successful applications!
Ya I know 2 people who have gotten tickets to at least 2 games. They have no email confirmation yet as to what games though. They are in the loyalty pot though as they have a few away games racked up.

I hope it is done in batches or something. Nothing out of my account either. FAI indicating we will know for sure come 29th, indicates it isn't done in one go....I hope

Asger

I have already got a confirmation with all the Icelandic games! Soon I need to plan my trip to the group games... Maybe it would be best to just rent a car as I'm living in Montpellier. Not that really far from Marseille and Saint-Etienne... The Paris one would be to long for a drive?

Rory 7

I got mine but the only way I knew was I rang my bank! There's a transaction pending on my card from uefa. Other countries got theirs during the week. They take the money then 24hrs later yiu get an email, I still haven't received the email but they took my money around 4pm yesterday.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I got mine but the only way I knew was I rang my bank! There's a transaction pending on my card from uefa. Other countries got theirs during the week. They take the money then 24hrs later yiu get an email, I still haven't received the email but they took my money around 4pm yesterday.
I'm not certain about whether you get an email but the sure way of finding out is logging onto the UEFA portal site. You should check it now

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I have already got a confirmation with all the Icelandic games! Soon I need to plan my trip to the group games... Maybe it would be best to just rent a car as I'm living in Montpellier. Not that really far from Marseille and Saint-Etienne... The Paris one would be to long for a drive?
Yeah Marseille and St Etienne are both very doable from Montpellier, but Paris would be like a 7 hour drive I think, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially as the TGV Méditerrannée is really fast, and it's only a 3h30 trip to Paris from Montpellier.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm not certain about whether you get an email but the sure way of finding out is logging onto the UEFA portal site. You should check it now
Portal hasn't updated yet for a lot of people who have had payments taken. Hopefully that updates later today!

Rory 7

Portal hasn't updated yet for a lot of people who have had payments taken. Hopefully that updates later today!
Yeah still hasn't updated for me. All I know is the exact amount I applied was taken off my card. Would be nice to see exactly what I have though, seat numbers etc.

redmeister

Thank god it wasn't Jamie Vardy who made the thread title or we'd have to read post after post of people claiming to be offended.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I can recommend the random Australian party boat on the river in Lyon for some late night antics. Unsurprisingly I forget the name :D

I'd also strongly recommend the Café de la Bourse in Vieux-Nice for a meal. Run by two grumpy old gay dudes who make cracking ravioli amongst other delectations.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Has anyone had a response to the ticket ballot yet? / Does anyone know when we'll find out??

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Any chance to get tickets to the knockout rounds now?
I'm pretty sure you could already make these requests. I have tickets to a couple quarter finals and a semi final.
Has anyone had a response to the ticket ballot yet? / Does anyone know when we'll find out??
Nah ffs still waiting for my most recent request (Spain Croatia), no answer yet. Anyway, how's Jono?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Probably.
Fecking Eboue.
Nah ffs still waiting for my most recent request (Spain Croatia), no answer yet. Anyway, how's Jono?
:lol: Still a mess. He asked me to draft him an email yesterday detailing how his room-mate has underpaid for their gas bills, as he can't convince her that she's in the wrong.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm pretty sure you could already make these requests. I have tickets to a couple quarter finals and a semi final.
How do you make the request? I want to see Germany in the knockout rounds and they have a game on the 26th (most likely as they will be group winners).

How does one buy a ticket to the group games? Stubhub is insanely expensive - minimum of 270 euros for the worst seats, and 411 euros for decent seats.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
How do you make the request? I want to see Germany in the knockout rounds and they have a game on the 26th (most likely as they will be group winners).

How does one buy a ticket to the group games? Stubhub is insanely expensive - minimum of 270 euros for the worst seats, and 411 euros for decent seats.
Mmmh all my requests were made on the official website, first phase last summer and the most recent one after the draw (but it closed on February 1st). In March there's a new phase to sell, exchange and buy tickets on an official portal I think. Here's an FAQ section, hope it helps.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Cheers Gerrard, great post! We're off to Lille to see Ireland vs Italy, but we haven't got tickets... just gonna hang around pubs then.

Libano

In terms of self catering, french supermarkets are the daddy. The best are E.Leclerq. Unbelievable cheese section, cheap quality wines and champagnes, very good bakery, lots of bbq goodies, fresh fish. Prices and quality are far better than in the UK.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Received an email today saying an application for general tickets to one game I made had been unsuccessful - so looks like I need to look at some scalper sites if I going to get to that game. I've seen a couple of sites offering tickets, including StubHub but they are quite pricey compared to another site I'd found.

Anyone able to recommend any resale sites?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Nice work RiP. Shame I can't come to the Euro's, although if I could I would have asked to stay at yours by way of bribing you with many exquisite wines.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Mmmh all my requests were made on the official website, first phase last summer and the most recent one after the draw (but it closed on February 1st). In March there's a new phase to sell, exchange and buy tickets on an official portal I think. Here's an FAQ section, hope it helps.
It doesn't say when in March though. I really need tickets to the games before I fly to France (coming from Canada) and I hope I can purchase tickets through the portal and NOT through stubhub as it is insanely overpriced (411 Euros for the cheapest tickets).

Do you have any more information on how to get tickets? I really want to see Germany.

Yeah you could apply provisionally for your countries knock out games should they qualify at the same time as applying for the group games. I got 2x last 16 tickets which i get refunded for if we don't qualify
How does on apply for these?