RiP's guide to Euro 2016 in Frogland

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn't say when in March though. I really need tickets to the games before I fly to France (coming from Canada) and I hope I can purchase tickets through the portal and NOT through stubhub as it is insanely overpriced (411 Euros for the cheapest tickets).

Do you have any more information on how to get tickets? I really want to see Germany.

How does on apply for these?
All applications had to be in by January, for the general portal and for each individual's FA's. Isn't a great way to get tickets really, there will be a resale portal but I'd imagine few people will use it given how much even the least attractive of games is going for.

suheilsworld

This is a lovely post @Rooney in Paris I am visiting Paris with missus and another couple but unfortunately before the Euro. Lovely piece of suggestions for Paris and will definitely look to you for suggestions.

As we are traveling with a group, they take us to this cabaret show. Is it worth going there? Any alternative thing to do for the evening? Could you suggest some nice pubs or places you can enjoy drinks and some good music.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This is a lovely post @Rooney in Paris I am visiting Paris with missus and another couple but unfortunately before the Euro. Lovely piece of suggestions for Paris and will definitely look to you for suggestions.

As we are traveling with a group, they take us to this cabaret show. Is it worth going there? Any alternative thing to do for the evening? Could you suggest some nice pubs or places you can enjoy drinks and some good music.
(Sorry for derailing) Hey I'm going to Abu Dhabi next month (well Dubai but probably Abu Dhabi as well). I'd welcome some recommendations!

suheilsworld

(Sorry for derailing) Hey I'm going to Abu Dhabi next month (well Dubai but probably Abu Dhabi as well). I'd welcome some recommendations!
Not much to see in Abu Dhabi if you compare it with Dubai. Below are some of the places that you might find interesting to see

Sheikh Zayed Mosque - A visit to Abu Dhabi is not complete until you see this grand mosque. Absolutely pristine and awe-inspiring

Ferrari World - quite a good theme park with few decent rides but you will end up spending the entire day this side of the town. You can club this with Yas Marina F1 circuit and some great restaurants you would want to try along the F1 circuit and marina

A must visit mall is the Central Souk which is next to the World Trade Centre Mall. Unlike usual mall you find everywhere in the world, this one is a wooden structure and all the shops, stores; restaurants remind you of all Middle-eastern culture. Must visit for sure along with World Trade Centre Mall.
Do walk on the Corniche from where you can see the Abu Dhabi Skyline and the Emirates Palace hotel and the Sheikh's residence.
Marina Mall is another good mall if you want some restaurants by the bay and marina.
Hope this helps. If you have any specific ones, feel free to ask.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

I'll send you a PM!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I got 2 for Ireland vs Sweden, one lined up for the game vs Italy also. Thrilled!

LARulz

Going to the England vs Wales game. What's the cheapest way to get to Lens (no driving)?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I got 2 for Ireland vs Sweden, one lined up for the game vs Italy also. Thrilled!
Via the most recent re-sale platform, or in the initial ballot?
Going to the England vs Wales game. What's the cheapest way to get to Lens (no driving)?
Train, probably. Where you travelling from? UK?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Got tickets to about 5 games,semi's, final, couple of quarters and England Wales, looking for 15 more games and just going to go travel France for the month I think.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Yeah. Was initially thinking flying to Paris or somewhere in Belgium then train it as flights seem cheap and sit on a train for a few hours.
Yeah I think flying into Paris and then getting a train will be the easiest way to go about it!
Got tickets to about 5 games,semi's, final, couple of quarters and England Wales, looking for 15 more games and just going to go travel France for the month I think.
That sounds like a hell of a plan, you're lucky. Let me know if you have any questions for organizing your trip! :)
That's cool, sounds like you're lucky, the feedback I got today was that people were finding it very hard to use the platform, and there wasn't much choice on there. But I guess the choice is going to vary hugely depending from one day to another, even from one moment of the day to another!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yeah I think flying into Paris and then getting a train will be the easiest way to go about it!

That sounds like a hell of a plan, you're lucky. Let me know if you have any questions for organizing your trip! :)

That's cool, sounds like you're lucky, the feedback I got today was that people were finding it very hard to use the platform, and there wasn't much choice on there. But I guess the choice is going to vary hugely depending from one day to another, even from one moment of the day to another!

Tickets were gone as quick as they were put up. It's the luck of the refresh and fast fingers as it really is first come first serve. I've seen tickets for all games at this stage and for the knockout rounds. It is a long wait mind, about 2 hours in a que before getting limited time to purchase a ticket.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
FINALLY got tickets to the game we needed - weird feeling of triumph simply booking tickets for a sporting event, but the whole resale process does that to one it seems :lol:

In reality I was probably lucky to only have to sit there reloading for just short of an hour - best of luck to anyone trying to get tickets to one of the bigger matches through this process :eek:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Group of six of us each applied for a range of tickets at a range of prices... we got one game. :(

Was planning a whole trip through France in the summer but feck that now.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cheers! New member in the mains? Let me know if you see any mistakes or have suggestions for any of the host cities, I'll amend!
Thanks! New member since 2 weeks :)
I will let you know about my suggestions!

Second round - Winner C v Third-place A/B/F

Which means Germany, hopefully against someone like Wales.
If you are lucky, a fantastic ENGLAND-GERMANY :drool:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Are you an FAI member or something? Around ten of us applied for tickets and didn't get a single one. In fact I don't know anyone who got tickets!
I got nothing in the regular ballot either, I got them in the resale portal as it is first come first serve on it. Pot luck! Looking again today and no Ireland tickets have been available, dried up a bit it has.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Spent 10 hours on the portal today, can barely see but managed to get tickets to all of England's and ROI's game's. Same again tomorrow for other games.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Spent 10 hours on the portal today, can barely see but managed to get tickets to all of England's and ROI's game's. Same again tomorrow for other games.
Just single tickets, or in groups?

And are you buying them to go to the games, or to sell them on at a profit?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
That's the job. Ya over for the Sweden game and will see how the craic is after that. Can't wait.
Class. Diggs has tickets for Sweden too so he should be over also. ya man, going to be epic. prob won't get the opportunity to do the Euros again so I'm going to make the most of it!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm looking to buy tickets to:

My only option is viagogo (as stubhub is insanely expensive) but would it be smarter idea to buy the tickets NOW (when we don't know where exactly we are seated)?

The only issue in waiting to see where the actual seats are in each category is that the prices will go up (ex. seller knows category 1 ticket is in row 1, so he will now jack up the prices) Thoughts?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I'm looking to buy tickets to:

My only option is viagogo (as stubhub is insanely expensive) but would it be smarter idea to buy the tickets NOW (when we don't know where exactly we are seated)?

The only issue in waiting to see where the actual seats are in each category is that the prices will go up (ex. seller knows category 1 ticket is in row 1, so he will now jack up the prices) Thoughts?
If you're going to do it, I'd do it now and not wait. The cool part is being in the stadium, the atmosphere, etc., won't change much being 10 rows closer will it? Also, you might have a good surprise!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
If you're going to do it, I'd do it now and not wait. The cool part is being in the stadium, the atmosphere, etc., won't change much being 10 rows closer will it? Also, you might have a good surprise!
I'm thinking more financially though (coming from Canada).. I want to know if it'll be cheaper now vs. later.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm looking to purchase tickets through viagogo for WC vs 3A/B/F - Round of 16 - UEFA Euro 2016
and all the tickets are sold by Categories. UEFA has announced where the row and seat numbers of all the tickets, so is there a way of finding out what these are instead of just purchasing via category?