RiP's guide to Euro 2016 in Frogland

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lens is bascially a shithole btw. Nice enough stadium, but they're nearly Belgian (walloon Belgian) there so slightly retarded.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have found it on Google - I love Google.

194 Rue Supervielle, Loos-en-Gohelle, France is the address of Le Manchester. It's just outside Lens as you leave the city heading for Calais.

When I look at it on Google earth, I have to wonder how the feck we ended up 1, going there at all and 2, thinking this wasn't a dodgy as feck looking place where the likelihood of being jumped wasn't significant!

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
That's great thank you! We're hoping it's not a wash out so we can explore a little, but even if it isn't... We can find some hidden treasures I'm sure!

Decent area, not too posh so there could be some good bars in the vicinity. Dont know that part too well though so I'll ask around and let you know if I hear anything.

If not, if you dont mind moving a bit from where you're staying, check out some of the pubs in my OP. Bombardier especially is a typical English pub and should be packed with a great atmosphere for the game.

Ainu

I'm travelling to Lyon for our game against Italy on Monday with a group of friends. They've got a spare ticket belonging to a friend who can't go, but I'm wondering what my chances are of getting in with it. Surely they won't do an ID check for all 60,000 people entering the stadium? :nervous:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm travelling to Lyon for our game against Italy on Monday with a group of friends. They've got a spare ticket belonging to a friend who can't go, but I'm wondering what my chances are of getting in with it. Surely they won't do an ID check for all 60,000 people entering the stadium? :nervous:
When you buy 4 tickets in the official portal general sale, they are all under 1 name - the purchaser. They also can't be amended. So you should be fine.

The usual, cause trouble and they'll use any excuse though.

Ainu

When you buy 4 tickets in the official portal general sale, they are all under 1 name - the purchaser. They also can't be amended. So you should be fine.

The usual, cause trouble and they'll use any excuse though.
They all bought their ticket seperately, so the purchaser of this particular ticket is the friend who won't be there. So if they ask my ID I'm fecked. Goes without saying I'm not going to cause any trouble.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
They all bought their ticket seperately, so the purchaser of this particular ticket is the friend who won't be there. So if they ask my ID I'm fecked. Goes without saying I'm not going to cause any trouble.
But you'll be fine. Half the stadium won't have their own name on a ticket. Others bought pairs of tickets or multiples of tickets - so plenty will show ID and not have their name match the ticket.

If you are as drunk as a skunk, or they feel something when patting you down or you look and act dodgey, talk cheek if asked questions, they'll use it against you alright.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I got confirmation from someone working for the Euros that having a document signed by the original holder of the ticket saying "I hereby confoirm I have transmitted my ticket to Ainu of the Caf" + a copy of their ID would be sufficient - it's what I've done for the England game tomorrow, I can tell you afterwards if it worked.

But as @Mr Anderson said, I honestly doubt they'll check. Two of my friends were at the opening game this evening and there were no ID controls for them.

Maxii

Paad
See there's a David Guetta gig at the Eiffel Tower on right now. Is there any other big events like that planned anywhere for the rest of the tournament? Roll on Sunday!!

Jean claude van hire

England fans living up to their reputation in Marseille I see! :lol:
I feel really sorry for the 99.9% of England fans that have gone out there to watch football and enjoy themselves tbh. Shocking scenes which will no doubt dominate the headlines for the next few days. Hopefully after tomorrow it's the football that we are all talking about and not fan behaviour

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Any caftards been to Lille besides @Rooney in Paris

Where is the best place to stay? I was thinking near the stadium/near the airport (as I have an early flight the next morning) but what do you guys reckon???

Reading the OP, Lille seems very boring and their highlight is having good bear but a sub par night life... looking at the pictures Lille looks depressing.

Thoughts?

vanthaman

Winner
Need a place in lens or near Douvrin to watch the England game on Monday, I've found a sports centre that has a bar called Club Campo in Douvrin hopefully they will let us

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Any caftards been to Lille besides @Rooney in Paris

Where is the best place to stay? I was thinking near the stadium/near the airport (as I have an early flight the next morning) but what do you guys reckon???

Reading the OP, Lille seems very boring and their highlight is having good bear but a sub par night life... looking at the pictures Lille looks depressing.

Thoughts?
Anyone?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I don't see how Lille seems boring from the OP, I recommended a couple of districts (Solférino/Masséna) which are apparently great to drink and have fun. Just re-checked with my mate who lived in Lille for a year and he says that's the place to go.
Just looking at the AirBnB map and I don't see where that is :(

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just back from Lyon and Paris. Paris must be the shittest city i have ever been in. Never seen such a crowd of ignorant unhelpful cnuts. Definately not a city for tourists
It's a fantastic city but I imagine it's at its absolute worst now. Will probably experience the same in a few days.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Anyone know where you can find stadium seating plans and find out which blocks supporters are grouped in?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
It's not really a surprise they didn't want to help you if that's your attitude towards the locals who, to be honest, probably hate having 200,000 people piss around in their city whilst they have to go to work and do their normal day to day jobs.

We had a fecking great time there for opening weekend, spent Friday-Monday. Went to local bars and restaurants with locals and loads of random foreigners, clubs with locals all night and got around dead easy on the Metro and cheap taxis. Went to the Croatia-Turkey game on the Sunday and had a class night at the FanZone for Germany after.

Just stick to the fanzone as i don't think the rest of the city realises there is a football tournament going on. Travel by metro, and don't speak to any locals unless you can speak french
ckin

Maxii

Paad
Just back from Lyon and Paris. Paris must be the shittest city i have ever been in. Never seen such a crowd of ignorant unhelpful cnuts. Definately not a city for tourists
I don't know which part of Paris you were in but we found everyone who we asked for help went out of their way help us and were very friendly. We'd always use Google translate and show them our question and then we'd try and work it out from there. There were obviously some rude people, but no more than in any other city.

Most people I know can't stand the French and Spanish students that come over to Ireland every Summer because they are so loud on public transport in the morning. We are 100 times louder in Paris so you have to understand some will be grumpy.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It's not really a surprise they didn't want to help you if that's your attitude towards the locals who, to be honest, probably hate having 200,000 people piss around in their city whilst they have to go to work and do their normal day to day jobs.

We had a fecking great time there for opening weekend, spent Friday-Monday. Went to local bars and restaurants with locals and loads of random foreigners, clubs with locals all night and got around dead easy on the Metro and cheap taxis. Went to the Croatia-Turkey game on the Sunday and had a class night at the FanZone for Germany after.
I was only in Paris for a quiet day on the way home so wasn't your typical lout. Generally i would get on with everyone but Paris was the most unfriendly place i have ever been in. The exception was the fanzone which was great but that was mainly because all other nationalities were easier to get along with. Away from the fanzone you wouldnt have known there was a tournament on, and i didnt get an impression at all that they were pleased to have tourists in their city. Having spoke to many on my return, we're all of the same opinion.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I was only in Paris for a quiet day on the way home so wasn't your typical lout. Generally i would get on with everyone but Paris was the most unfriendly place i have ever been in. The exception was the fanzone which was great but that was mainly because all other nationalities were easier to get along with. Away from the fanzone you wouldnt have known there was a tournament on, and i didnt get an impression at all that they were pleased to have tourists in their city. Having spoke to many on my return, we're all of the same opinion.
Parisians absolutely hate tourists so I'm not surprised. I can only imagine what they're like when there's a full on tournament there.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
How easy is it to buy tickets for these games now? I've officially finished University this week, so I'm actively trying to find a way to watch Wales play as a graduation present for myself :lol: Understand it might be an expensive one.

Where would one go on the internet to find a legit ticket?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How easy is it to buy tickets for these games now? I've officially finished University this week, so I'm actively trying to find a way to watch Wales play as a graduation present for myself :lol: Understand it might be an expensive one.

UEFA.com. Apply as a Welsh man and see if anything is available.

LR7

Congrats. You did medicine didn't you? I know how the relief feels!

Hope you get some tickets to celebrate ;)

Blatzo

@Rooney in Paris is there some sort of national music day in France tomorrow?

The local bar man is a musician apparently and he's invited me to tag along. It's entirely possible that he just wants to bum me and I'm not even sure if I mine that much tbh

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
@Rooney in Paris is there some sort of national music day in France tomorrow?

The local bar man is a musician apparently and he's invited me to tag along. It's entirely possible that he just wants to bum me and I'm not even sure if I mine that much tbh
Yep "fête de la musique", every year on June 21st its the same thing. Can be nice though the weather tomorrow isnt promising. Its usually a mix between big concerts by famous artists and more laid back stuff in bars with amateur groups playing for the evening. I recommend avoiding the more packed places.

Oh and enjoy the bumming. All French people hace hummongous dongs as @Cina well knows.

Blatzo

Yep "fête de la musique", every year on June 21st its the same thing. Can be nice though the weather tomorrow isnt promising. Its usually a mix between big concerts by famous artists and more laid back stuff in bars with amateur groups playing for the evening. I recommend avoiding the more packed places.

Oh and enjoy the bumming. All French people hace hummongous dongs as @Cina well knows.
I've been here for 10 hours and it's literally not stopped raining so far. Like Manchester on steroids.

Sounds like we're going to be sticking to the more chilled out side of things. Possibly with some herb.

Will I need to be prepared for the more exotic? Soixante-neuf and the like... or can I expect more of a sit back and enjoy the ride kind of affair?